ADVERTISEMENT

Full Duke Scrimmage Video

wswartz34

Recruit
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2016
Here is a link to a full Duke scrimmage. It was posted live on the DukeMBB instagram page and someone downloaded it from there.

Thoughts:
Grayson Allen was unstoppable in the scrimmage. I think he misses one shot.
Bolden looked more active and agile, still picking up stupid fouls.
Trevon looked bad. No other way around it. Bad shots, bad decisions. It is just one scrimmage though.
Bagley is going to be a problem. He (deservedly) gets a lot of attention in the scrimmage and creates foul trouble for the other team.

No sign of Javin in the scrimmage.

I would love to hear thoughts from you all.

Nice to get something to see to get us excited about the season!

One more note: I think the coaching staff put Tre on the lesser team to see how he will handle adversity.
This is a coaching tactic which K has used as long as he has been a coach. Duke point guards have to be the toughest SOB's on the court.

Wendell looked very composed, Bagley looked explosive, and Grayson looked healthy. We know how good he is when that's the case.

Reactions: Quavarius
Grayson really set the tone the entire scrimmage and I think is making a big statement to the other guys about how hard he's going and you can and should follow his lead. He was excellent in that scrimmage. Hopefully the guys see this and follow him.

OP, thanks for the post, really enjoyed, and also got a little excited for the season to get here.
Just had to chuckle at the sight of "K" sitting alone at the scoring table, just struck a funny bone for some reason. Don't ever want to see him there again for quite a few years!
Have not one worry about Trevon and his performance, he will be fine.
Grayson ;), Nuff said! Bagley, WOW.
Barring injury (cut it out devil), there is no limit to what this team can accomplish this year. Deep, alarmingly athletic, and very dangerous. What we see early in the season vs. March madness will probably be night and day, and I am confident enough to say "IT'S GONNA BE OK!"
Oh yeah, once the season starts, don't go to bed too early, and keep the Fire Dept. on your speed dial!! :)
Go Duke!
OFC

My take, our bigs can shoot free throws. Thank God. Bagley is gonna shoot a lot of them. He's so fluid, he will be a matchup nightmare for everyone. We should rebound way better this year and I think our on the ball defense will be better as well. Grayson is like a damn uncaged mountain lion out there. He's aggressive, silky smooth and confident. His shot is locked in. You can tell by his team mates body language that this is his team 100%. This entire team can play rough and through contact, an area we many times , come tourney time , fall short on. We're going to have swagger this time, I like that.

My take, our bigs can shoot free throws. Thank God. Bagley is gonna shoot a lot of them. He's so fluid, he will be a matchup nightmare for everyone. We should rebound way better this year and I think our on the ball defense will be better as well. Grayson is like a damn uncaged mountain lion out there. He's aggressive, silky smooth and confident. His shot is locked in. You can tell by his team mates body language that this is his team 100%. This entire team can play rough and through contact, an area we many times , come tourney time , fall short on. We're going to have swagger this time, I like that.
If Bagely can shoot in the low 70s from the line he will average 20 this year, he's going to live at the line. It's definitely possible that he and Grayson are both between 17-20 a man.

I saw a video on Facebook earlier today (I believe it was during the scrimmage) where MB3 was interviewed and 2 questions that he was asked and the answers he gave stuck out to me. First question was when he made the decision to reclassify and his answer was that he decided to reclassify at the end of his Junior year/beginning of the Summer. The second question was when he decided that Duke was the school for him and his answer was that when he took a visit to Duke his freshman year he pretty much knew that he wanted to go to Duke then after his official visit his mind was made up that he was going to Duke.

I saw a video on Facebook earlier today (I believe it was during the scrimmage) where MB3 was interviewed and 2 questions that he was asked and the answers he gave stuck out to me. First question was when he made the decision to reclassify and his answer was that he decided to reclassify at the end of his Junior year/beginning of the Summer. The second question was when he decided that Duke was the school for him and his answer was that when he took a visit to Duke his freshman year he pretty much knew that he wanted to go to Duke then after his official visit his mind was made up that he was going to Duke.

I saw that as well. We’re going to like that kid a whole lot.

I haven't had time to watch yet...but I'm looking forward to seeing our guys mix it up a little.

OFC

After watching that, I just hope we get Wendell plenty of touches. I feel like he could be second fiddle on offense to Grayson, Bagley, Duval, and even Trent. He had a nice little hook and looked strong. I hope he doesn't get lost in the offense because he seems like he could dominate entire games in my opinion.

Looks like we have the potential to be a dominant rebounding team. I would like to see Bolden, Bagley, and Carter on the floor at the same time.

The whole team seems tall. Trent and Grayson even seem like big guards. Lots of defensive potential in my opinion.

Just a scrimmage, but there's a lot to be excited about there.

May sound silly, but in the back of my mind, as important as academics are to Mr. Carter, I could see him here 2 or 3 seasons. He' be one Hell of a weapon alongside Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and R.J. Barrett. :)

Reactions: dbav and DukefanKY
May sound silly, but in the back of my mind, as important as academics are to Mr. Carter, I could see him here 2 or 3 seasons. He' be one Hell of a weapon alongside Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and R.J. Barrett. :)
Don't count on it, but would love to be wrong.

Also, we really recruited Georgia well this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT