ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

IF Kansas can get him to visit...BIG IF... I'd say it's a toss up between Duke and KU.

KU only has three post players on their roster as compared to 7 or so on Duke's.

As it stands right now, those are the only two schools on his list with a scholly available if I'm not mistaken. Both would be very attractive destinations.

Still think it's Duke, but I wouldn't rule out the Jayhawks

Haha. 7 or so? Our 4 post players who stand to see time would not play over Bagley on any planet. Haha. Nice try though.

IF Kansas can get him to visit...BIG IF... I'd say it's a toss up between Duke and KU.

KU only has three post players on their roster as compared to 7 or so on Duke's.

As it stands right now, those are the only two schools on his list with a scholly available if I'm not mistaken. Both would be very attractive destinations.

Duke has seven post players? Wow I'm pumped who are they?

Duke has seven post players? Wow I'm pumped who are they?
There's 7 players on the team that play at the SF, PF and C positions, so he must be considering them all to be post players just because they play at the SF, PF and C positions lol

So you say we have seven or so post players on our roster? Will you tell us who they are?

Reactions: christophero
It's all about money. Duke basketball can make more money by playing neutral site games than going on the road. It makes more financial sense to play at neutral sites: fans get a big time game and Duke splits the profits. Duke isn't relying on state funds like U.K. and UNC. Duke basketball is also supporting other programs at Duke as well.
For that matter, so does the other team.

I've also heard the explanation that b/c Cameron is small, we have to make it up elsewhere.

For that matter, so does the other team.

I've also heard the explanation that b/c Cameron is small, we have to make it up elsewhere.

Yup, it's a win/win for both, but especially Duke, who will of course draw a crowd and split the money instead of playing a true road game and not getting anything from it.

Reactions: christophero
Internet badass calling out TheDude1. Lollll. What a pathetic bunch.

"Hey Silver Spoons aka TheDude1 keyboard warrior. Saying I'm a pussy over on your board. Do you wanna swap info? I'll show you who the pussy is. Straight up. You wanna take it to a personal level, I'm more than game. Let's see what you're really about. No shit. Any time, bub. Any time. [smoke]"

225 Cowtown Cat, Yesterday at 5:25 PM

"Hey Silver Spoons aka TheDude1 keyboard warrior. Saying I'm a pussy over on your board. Do you wanna swap info? I'll show you who the pussy is. Straight up. You wanna take it to a personal level, I'm more than game. Let's see what you're really about. No shit. Any time, bub. Any time. [smoke]"

Wow, and he even used 'bub' in the Internet 'wanksta' world. What a bad-ass.

Bagley's in the bag. Actually I have no idea, but I've been wanting to say that. :) I'm now firmly in the "let's get him" camp. People could leave whether he comes or not.

Holy shit, that is awesome! What, he was reading this board? Did he just challenge me to a fight? On the internet? Christ almighty, what a loser. I love that last sentence, though... that space between any and time is priceless.

And I still don't get that silver spoons joke. I think it was him who started it... and I just never got it. Something about a tv show? But he thinks it is the wittiest thing ever. Such a tool.

It's a shame. I thoroughly enjoy some U.K. folks... love Jarms and Jimbo (I play Xbox with Jimbo regularly) and get a kick out of Clive (even though I think he hates me...) Plenty of good U.K. fans. But Christ that fanbase has more than it's fair share of retards.

Reactions: Quavarius
Holy shit, that is awesome! What, he was reading this board? Did he just challenge me to a fight? On the internet? Christ almighty, what a loser. I love that last sentence, though... that space between any and time is priceless.

And I still don't get that silver spoons joke. I think it was him who started it... and I just never got it. Something about a tv show? But he thinks it is the wittiest thing ever. Such a tool.

It's a shame. I thoroughly enjoy some U.K. folks... love Jarms and Jimbo (I play Xbox with Jimbo regularly) and get a kick out of Clive (even though I think he hates me...) Plenty of good U.K. fans. But Christ that fanbase has more than it's fair share of retards.
I also love how they point out how most Duke fans have no affiliation with Duke whatsoever and are nothing more than a bandwagoning fan base but then say uk has the largest fan base. So let me get this straight! I guess every single uk fan in that large fan base of theirs went to uk or has an affiliation with the school or Kentucky somehow. Got it!!

I have gone to other boards that have zero connection to UK or any kind of rivalry, just to see if my suspicions are correct, and fans in those boards are talking about uk fans.....that's gotta mean something!!

I like poppycat. I enjoy reading his posts when he comes on here to chat!

I'm sure he's the one the FBI is looking into for those Higgins threats

Reactions: vcugreg

Lol. He's shakin the table!!!!

That Cowtown loser tying to turn the tables, unsuccessfully, I might add. Lol. A UK whacko making a comment like that. Haaa, talk about SPECIAL.

Cowtown Cat said: ↑
"Uh oh, now the Dookies are over there calling out @morgousky they sure are a special bunch."

"I should prolly edit that. They are a sensitive group of sissies."

229 Willy4UK, Yesterday at 8:06 PM Last edited: Yesterday at 8:14 PM

Reactions: Quavarius
I also love how they point out how most Duke fans have no affiliation with Duke whatsoever and are nothing more than a bandwagoning fan base but then say uk has the largest fan base. So let me get this straight! I guess every single uk fan in that large fan base of theirs went to uk or has an affiliation with the school or Kentucky somehow. Got it!!

They truly are the Bama football fans of college bball. A bunch of nobodies with nothing better to do than get their life's fulfillment based on how their team does.

I actually like Willy:). Funny guy, and he gets it... The opposite of a internet fight challenge guy:)

Last edited:
Well back to the subject at hand, I'm a KU fan and just here to say that umm the real, rational sensible TRUE KU fans are by not in any means way shape or form even beginning to think Bagley comes to KU. - -most are realistic enough to know this, Bagley has Duke , Duke, Duke written all over him Oh sure there are some that seem to think because Whitman and the timing of him leaving is connected but for the really true to life KU fan it's like where the hell are you getting this from and please let me have some of the shit your smoking. - -I've been a Ku fan for close to 50 yrs and people like us have full realization to know - -Bagley really has NEVER considered KU as an option, I fully believe he added us as consideration at the last possibly just for some respect to Coach Self for him hittin him up. So to all the Blue Devil fans let ME be the one to apologize for some if they talk about my Crimson & Blue and trying to make a connection & possibility with Bagley, again the delusional one's are catching hell from other KU fans trying to figure out how the hell they can even begin to think there is a chance. - -Anyways I know we will be all right when it's said and done. - - Good luck on your season to come, maybe we see you this season again always love the better matchups, marquee games - - -Good Luck

Well back to the subject at hand, I'm a KU fan and just here to say that umm the real, rational sensible TRUE KU fans are by not in any means way shape or form even beginning to think Bagley comes to KU. - -most are realistic enough to know this, Bagley has Duke , Duke, Duke written all over him Oh sure there are some that seem to think because Whitman and the timing of him leaving is connected but for the really true to life KU fan it's like where the hell are you getting this from and please let me have some of the shit your smoking. - -I've been a Ku fan for close to 50 yrs and people like us have full realization to know - -Bagley really has NEVER considered KU as an option, I fully believe he added us as consideration at the last possibly just for some respect to Coach Self for him hittin him up. So to all the Blue Devil fans let ME be the one to apologize for some if they talk about my Crimson & Blue and trying to make a connection & possibility with Bagley, again the delusional one's are catching hell from other KU fans trying to figure out how the hell they can even begin to think there is a chance. - -Anyways I know we will be all right when it's said and done. - - Good luck on your season to come, maybe we see you this season again always love the better matchups, marquee games - - -Good Luck

It's all good man. It'd be nice to have more KU posters as opposed to the UK and UNC foot soldiers we typically get. I've always had respect for Kansas and you guys typically talk decent shop.

If the reclassification doesn't happen, I think it opens things up a bit for Bagley and I think Kansas would be near the top. I just think he's bound to reclassify.

Sorry, I did add to things getting off track here. I would really like to hear from somebody that may be in the know how Bagley's visit seems to be going maybe later today.

Well a lot of us do have affiliations with Duke but the reason we post here is because regardless of how we became Duke fans, we are proud to be Duke fans through and through!

A few years ago I drove through Kentucky (the only way to visit, but it is a very pretty state) and stopped at a local bar outside Lexington. Our waiter was a student at some UK satellite and admitted that the only reason he attended college at all was to get a chance at basketball tickets. So does that make him more "affiliated" with UK than those of us who have rooted for Duke for more than 20 years?

It's all good man. It'd be nice to have more KU posters as opposed to the UK and UNC foot soldiers we typically get. I've always had respect for Kansas and you guys typically talk decent shop.

If the reclassification doesn't happen, I think it opens things up a bit for Bagley and I think Kansas would be near the top. I just think he's bound to reclassify.

ya, sure sounds like that is a very strong possibility now. Plus with him on your campus again, you have to believe that it makes it a more reality. - - -I'm a huge College Basketball fan, on top of being a Huge KU fan, but I along with some others are also a realist. - -This is why I fully acknowledge Bagley with Duke. - -Bagley was never considering KU although there are a few loose nuts that thought HEY maybe with Whitman leaving - - - - -ummmm, NO. I love marquee basketball games and seems like more often then not when Duke/KU match up, always pretty classic. - -However UK on the other hand, these guys - -dam now these idiots are a joke, they are the classic scenario of clueless. That's a different story for a different time. Anyways thanks for letting me voice my thoughts, have a great day

I really hope Duke gets to play U.K. in the 2nd Round of the NCAAs this year when Duke is a 1 seed and U.K. is an 8 seed.

Grayson is going to shit all over them. I'm so tired of U.K. fans bringing up that Champions Classic win over us in 2015.

They never got over Laettner's shot and they never will.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I really hope Duke gets to play U.K. in the 2nd Round of the NCAAs this year when Duke is a 1 seed and U.K. is an 8 seed.

Grayson is going to shit all over them. I'm so tired of U.K. fans bringing up that Champions Classic win over us in 2015.

They never got over Laettner's shot and they never will.
Lol! Champions classic win in NOVEMBER at that!! At least we were coming off a national championship year while they were coming off a 38- oh crap year.

Lol! Champions classic win in NOVEMBER at that!! At least we were coming off a national championship year while they were coming off a 38- oh crap year.
If you ever go on Rupp Rafters, they keep bringing that game up as evidence that Allen is overrated.

Who even remembers Championship Classic wins/losses after the NCAA tournament that season?

Unemployed U.K. fans living in trailer parks have nothing else to hang their hats on. They'll always have that meaningless early season win over Duke in 2015 though!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT