ADVERTISEMENT

MARK WILLIAMS COMMITS

YES! This ranks with some of our greatest classes. Very balanced too.

Last edited:
Another one. Tbh really liking this class. Good high quality players that have the potential to stay. Built around a stud in JJ.

Here to hoping K utilizes a bench next year cause that team is going to have good depth imo.

If, and it's a very big if, we get Hunter Dickinson is that the best Duke class ever ?

Like hearing he’s calling Hunter. Sounds like a great young man ready to compete. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Reactions: LH24ND and DBM0828
It would be close. For me the best Duke class is still Brand, Battier, Avery and Burgess. 2 players of the year. I really liked Avery and was crushed when he left.

Pretty hard to argue with the Killer B class, but I might give the nod to Okafor, Jones, Winslow, and Allen. Amazing that they brought home a title in year one, and each guy was a first round draft pick. I don't know if we've ever had another super class with a 100% hit rate. If Duke won in 1999, it would be the Killer B class all the way, but now I'm just depressed thinking about that.

On the other hand, I am thrilled we got Mark Williams. Welcome aboard, big fella!

Reactions: christophero
Glad he committed, awesome he still wants to get more. But that’s 6 guys, 7 with Hunter. How is the scholarship numbers gonna work out?!
We have 10 or 11 scholarship players this season depending on whether or not Justin Robinson gets one of the scholarships, which he probably will since we have several available. We could possibly lose as many as 6 players: Javin to graduation and if Wendell Moore, Vernon Carey Jr, Cassius Stanley, Tre Jones and Matthew Hurt all decide to leave that would leave us with 7 scholarships for next season. Also Justin Robinson is a redshirt senior, so I’m not sure if this is his last year or not. If it is and he’s on scholarship this season then that would leave us with 8 available scholarships if all of the players that I listed leave after this season.

It would be close. For me the best Duke class is still Brand, Battier, Avery and Burgess. 2 players of the year. I really liked Avery and was crushed when he left.
Different era's, impossible to compare. But something tells me that last years class of Zion, RJ, Cam, and Tre would have 4 players of the year for 4 years had Zion and RJ stayed a few years longer.......

Agreed. The Williams, Boozer, Dunleavy, Sanders Horvath class was great as well.

This is a weird question, but have we ever had a 7 foot African-American player?

I've been a fan since the early 1990s and to be totally honest, I cannot think of a single one.

Casey Sanders/Marvin B./Marques Bolden were all 6'11, but no one seems to be officially listed at 7'0 or above.

"Williams has made impressive progress since his sophomore year," said Paul Biancardi, ESPN's national recruiting director. "He is a true center who is active, mobile and plays with a self-motivated motor. He impacts the transition game with his ability to run, change directions, and make chase-down blocks or lob dunks. In the half-court set, his defensive presence stands out as a shot-blocker and rebounder. Offensively, he will produce right away as a lob catcher and a drop-off finisher. His low-post, back-to-the-basket game is blossoming, as is his short face-up ability."

His commit tape was really good unlike some. Proud to have him. Devils.

Anyone know for sure if they are still really pushing for the other big guy?

Anyone know for sure if they are still really pushing for the other big guy?

They are still pushing for Hunter Dickinson, the other big guy. Mark Williams even said he was going to call Hunter and try to get him to come to Duke.

Reactions: LH24ND
Hunter seems to be leaning towards Michigan, but who really knows. My guess is that Williams committing will result in Hunter signing elsewhere. Kids wanna play and start.

I was just reading an article about his announcement which included the video of his announcement and the article mentioned that his sister played basketball at Duke and he helped her make her announcement by holding up a Duke shirt. I know there have been at least a couple times that Duke has had brothers and sisters that both played basketball at Duke but does anyone know exactly how many times brothers and sisters have both played basketball at Duke?

I'm really excited about this commitment! I believe young Mark will excel on and off the court. Here's hoping his career at Duke is as successful as his big sister's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT