ADVERTISEMENT

M Bolden

GabeM1234

Recruit
Mar 6, 2011
Based on my observations will he declare for the draft? I just don't see any reason why he would. I expected more out of him even more so since he's been healthy. I do notice however he does not get any touches in the paint to see what he is capable of.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I really hope he buys into the 2 year plan!.... he would be a monster! With Carter coming in tho it gets dicey.... of course it's a great problem, but hard to imagine a soph MB and Freshman Carter both on the roster

I think he still goes. He'll get drafted no matter what based on his measurables and athleticism. He might not be the locked in first rounder like many thought he would be at this point in the season, but it seems like he was set on being a one and done from the start.

I think he still goes. He'll get drafted no matter what based on his measurables and athleticism. He might not be the locked in first rounder like many thought he would be at this point in the season, but it seems like he was set on being a one and done from the start.

Im just glad I don't have to draft him or pay him

No way would I see him in the first round...but if he thinks he can play now then good bye

Reactions: jcdevilfan
He'll stay and be top 10 next year. He'll be crazy good with another year, and everyone knows it. It's too risky to jump now.

If he is adaptable to change and has a well rounded mature support system around him staying for an additional year is a no brainier. It is no secret he came to Duke with a 1 year plan. Numerous people have entered college stayed their 1 year found little success but entered the draft anyway. There are many reasons kids enter the draft too early from immaturity, need for money or poor support systems from family and friends. I know absolutely nothing about Marques on a personal level so I can't make an informed guess about the likelihood that he leaves or stays. But the smart logical choice is to stay another year and produce enough stats to support his hype. He could still be a lottery pick if he stays and produces

I would love to see him get some touches, I have watched him a couple times post his man up create space with his body in the low post but the guards wouldn't get him the ball. I really hope he comes back for one more year though.

Who knows, but if Duke lands Duval it would become the ideal situation for Carter and Bolden along with whoever comes back and throw Jackson off the ball and with who Duke will have coming in.

Duke may lack experience but not talent. Bolden can still go first round but if he comes back imagine that front court with Carter at the four Bolden at the Five

Up to this point, Bolden looks like a Deer in the headlights. Really can't understand why he is so disconnected. This kid could make such a tremendous impact on the remainder of this season, and could be the key to winning it all.
His light bulb had better come on pretty quick, because he obviously isn't showing anything in practice. If Coach K can't get through to him, nobody can.
Go Duke!
OFC

Up to this point, Bolden looks like a Deer in the headlights. Really can't understand why he is so disconnected. This kid could make such a tremendous impact on the remainder of this season, and could be the key to winning it all.
His light bulb had better come on pretty quick, because he obviously isn't showing anything in practice. If Coach K can't get through to him, nobody can.
Go Duke!
OFC

Big men have historically struggled the most transitioning from high school to college. In high school their physical characteristics can overwhelm the opponent. They quickly realize that they can't just over power their opponent in college ball. Some pick it up quickly like KAT but even he wasn't dominating all year long. I think you would see a much different Bolden over the next 12 months if he gives up the 1 and done plan and focuses on his own path as Coach K has stressed

I still don't know that Bolden next year would start over Chase who will be expecting to make a big jump as a junior
That's if chase stays for his junior year. Imo Bolden coming back would only mean that he feels confident he'll start otherwise he probably feels he might as well get paid if he's got to ride a bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT