ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk a little Duke football.

Schedules came out, have the cheats in week 4 and the other cheats(canes) on Friday night, week 5. We only have 3 games after the bye on Nov 4. I am ready for the season to start.

From the schedule, it looks this way: Sure wins: Central, Wake, Army; Probable wins: UVA Ga Tech; Toss-ups: UNCheat, Va Tech; Probable Losses: Pitt, NW, Miami; Sure Losses: Baylor, FSU. Without research, prediction for the year 6 - 6.

Well Cut signed a kicker/punter. That should be good for one more win.

Just get us to 6-6 vs. that schedule and a decent bowl game and I'm happy.

i also wouldnt count wake as a guaranteed win either. to me the should wins are central, army and uva. the could win if we play our game and dont get any bad breaks are wake, nw, unc, va tech, ga tech and baylor. baylor has been gutted by the briles scandal and is not the same team now.
the loss games are fsu, miami and pitt. even these games if if if we play our game and get a few breaks we can be competitive and who knows?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't have any of those as a likely loss. Only likely wins.

I have us running the table. Let's get to work fellas.

so 247 is reporting that victor d is not going to visit notre dame this weekend. sounds good for us. in the mean time ohio state has offered damond johnson our wr recruit this year. people really seem to like our recruits this year.

Tough schedule, but Duke is one of the few teams returning at starting QB in the coastal. The only other team is UVA I do believe. Catching Miami and UNC early in the season should help.

this is a huge get for us. when is the last time we got a defensive lineman with 37 total offers and 14 other power 5 offers.
so in one week we have beaten out notre dame for 2 recruits. not bad. now we need to hold off rutgers for axel and ohio state for damond and get this class in the books.

Last edited:
so the #14 rated kicker jackson hubbard has tweeted out that he has accepted and is coming to duke. if true then cut has really addressed our kicking issues.
ps he is a preferred walk on so no scholly this year but down the road

Last edited:
so one of the big guys on one of the other sites has said that damond johnson is solid for us. so in the last week we have stopped nd twice and held off osu from poaching our guys. if we can keep axel from flipping to rutgers then wow what a good recruiting haul.

ps for those who care ellis brooks committed to penn state today.

ps seems that the feeling is an axel flip to rutgers. boo hiss

okay per adam at 247 he talked to axel tonight (monday) and he is sticking with duke.

Last edited:
Big day tomorrow surf! Look forward to your updates. No surprises will suit me just fine!!-

OFC

duke tweeted out all est letters in by 7.30 am

ps per adam at 247 all letters in house by 8.15 way to go

Great news....No surprises....Axel is aboard after waivering a bit this weekend-6-2,310pd DL COULD HELP IMMEDIATELY!

OFC

now that all the letters are in i have to say i am very excited about this group of kids.we have actually our highest rated qb recruit (i know not sears but still a great recovery) lately on campus early. a burner at wr and rb, a great tight end prospect and 4 maulers on the oline. but the thing i am happiest about is the defensive recruits.we added 6 guys to our front seven who are all ballers.
two huge dt guys with attitude. four more guys who can grow into multiple positions (looking at you mr rumph as an impact olb/pass rusher) frye and victor are listed as de but can grow into dt depending on what the coaches want. add in a really solid crop of secondary players and this class pops.

wow more info coming out.
preferred walk ons
jack diggers kicker
matt clayton qb
john taylor long snapper
jackson hubbard kicker/punter
matthew cone kicker
daniel karlin qb

also some new weights .rivals listed weight in parenthesis. rak is now 320 (275) drew up to 255 (225), tangelo is 290 (245), leitten is 270 (240) rumph up to 215 (194) and axel 310

looking at rivals final rankings for our players i think they are pretty good. still dont know how the gatorade state player of the year and an under armour all american only gets 3 stars (jake). also think both dts are undervalued but hey i am biased.

Last edited:
Cut really went after the kickers late! Glad ee have hopefully shored up this area!!!

OFC

When Duke signs a basketball player his ranking increases right away. I guess it's the same in football with Alabama and Michigan but not for Duke.

ESPN has us ranked as the 34th best nationally and one of the better classes in the ACC.

After only winning 3 games in the 4 years I was there, I never thought I'd see this day. Haha.

Thank you football guys for keeping this thread going during the off season. Hopefully some of the basketball guys are reading it and becoming fans and will follow the team. I really miss jobe. If any of you know how to contact him please do so and get him back on. What a fan. OFC

so with time on my hands and recruiting done for a while, thought i would just list my "impact 7" and show their power 5 offers. obviously i hope we keep the redshirt on most of these guys but wow look at these offer sheets and tell me duke football isnt rising
JACOB RIMMER 6'7'' 290lb OT auburn, georgia, louisville, miami, miss state, unc, purdue, vandy, wake
DREW JORDAN 6'2'' 255 DE arkansas, bc, cal, ga tech, illi, indiana,iowa st, mich st, mizzu, nebraska, unc, northwestern, ole miss, pitt, rutgers, wake
JAKE MARWEDE 6'5'' 24O LB TE ala, arkansas, georgia, illi, indiana, louisville, miami, mich st, miss st, mizzu, nebraska, nothwestern, ohio st, penn st, pitt, syracuse, tenn, vandy, wake
DAMANI NEAL 5'11'' 190 DB iowa, maryland, northwestern, penn st, rutgers, stanford, syracuse, vandy, uva, va tech, wva, wisky
DEON JACKSON 6' 210LB RB bc, illi, iowa st, louisville, maryland,mizzu, nc st, unc, northwestern, nd, oregan st, purdue, rutgers, vandy, va tech, wva, wisky
JOSHUA BLACKWELL 5'11'' 180 DB ga tech, indiana, iowa st, louisville, maryland, mich state, mizzu, unc, northwestern, penn st, rutgers, vandy, wake, wva
VICTOR DIMUKEJE 6'3'' 260 DE mich st, pitt, va tech, bc, indiana, iowa st, maryland, mizzu, nd, purdue, rutgers, uva, wake, wva
not long ago i remember entire classes that did not have that many power 5 offers

so with time on my hands and recruiting done for a while, thought i would just list my "impact 7" and show their power 5 offers. obviously i hope we keep the redshirt on most of these guys but wow look at these offer sheets and tell me duke football isnt rising
JACOB RIMMER 6'7'' 290lb OT auburn, georgia, louisville, miami, miss state, unc, purdue, vandy, wake
DREW JORDAN 6'2'' 255 DE arkansas, bc, cal, ga tech, illi, indiana,iowa st, mich st, mizzu, nebraska, unc, northwestern, ole miss, pitt, rutgers, wake
JAKE MARWEDE 6'5'' 24O LB TE ala, arkansas, georgia, illi, indiana, louisville, miami, mich st, miss st, mizzu, nebraska, nothwestern, ohio st, penn st, pitt, syracuse, tenn, vandy, wake
DAMANI NEAL 5'11'' 190 DB iowa, maryland, northwestern, penn st, rutgers, stanford, syracuse, vandy, uva, va tech, wva, wisky
DEON JACKSON 6' 210LB RB bc, illi, iowa st, louisville, maryland,mizzu, nc st, unc, northwestern, nd, oregan st, purdue, rutgers, vandy, va tech, wva, wisky
JOSHUA BLACKWELL 5'11'' 180 DB ga tech, indiana, iowa st, louisville, maryland, mich state, mizzu, unc, northwestern, penn st, rutgers, vandy, wake, wva
VICTOR DIMUKEJE 6'3'' 260 DE mich st, pitt, va tech, bc, indiana, iowa st, maryland, mizzu, nd, purdue, rutgers, uva, wake, wva
not long ago i remember entire classes that did not have that many power 5 offers

Truly unbelievable dbav and across the board really....They are no doubt "impact" guys and wondering of the 7 who you expect stands the best chance of contributing next year?

OFC

for what it is worth both penn state and wake came in at the end and tried to flip noah gray away from us. coaches seem to see a lot more in this kid than the raters do.

Thank you football guys for keeping this thread going during the off season. Hopefully some of the basketball guys are reading it and becoming fans and will follow the team. I really miss jobe. If any of you know how to contact him please do so and get him back on. What a fan. OFC
Get Crossover back as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT