ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie

He didn’t really say anything. He tweeted a pic of a documentary without any context on whether he believed some of it or all of it. I don’t really have a problem with it’s claims that the first Hebrews were black because I’m not a religious scholar and couldn’t say if they are right or wrong. But there is hateful rhetoric towards Jews in it and I can’t see how people who have watched it or read the book can say there is not. That should never be tolerated. A fake quote from Hitler was used to justify their beliefs. Claims that the death toll of the Holocaust was exaggerated to make the world feel sorry for Jews. Makes other claims against Jews as well.

I don’t think Kyrie has a hateful bone in his body. He loves conspiracy theories and controversial subjects and has never shied away from that. He was sharing Alex Jones videos a few weeks ago. He is hopefully learning now that some of those subjects are hurtful to some and with a platform of his size will get you in a lot of unwanted trouble. See Alex Jones.

Finally, a well thought out and reasonable post. Jay Will also brought up the following point:

Why is the documentary on Amazon? Why is THAT platform not receiving the same outrage as Kyrie?

I refuse to join in and try to make Kyrie the boogieman. I still love the brother as a fellow Jerseyan, I appreciate his time at Duke and am not ashamed of him in the slightest.

Last edited:
Some very good points being made.

First, we have no room for antisemitism or any racism in our society. That goes for all races and religions.

Secondly, I agree with many of the statements above. All he did was tweet a movie. Never said anything and even voiced disagreement with some of the notions made in the video. Do I think it was smart? No. Malcolm X had some of the same sentiments. I don’t hear from anybody calling for his head. Lebron James voiced how smart of a man he was when he “read” his book (see what I did there).

Thirdly, as mentioned above, this is the nba. The self anointed social justice league except when it comes to true human right violations going on in China and Saudi Arabia. Then they all turn a blind eye when it affects their pocket books. Maybe similar to how the Kyrie situation affects their pocket books? This league is filled with some of the most hypocritical people around. Who takes what any of them have to say seriously?

Lastly, why isn’t Amazon taking heat for having this movie available if it’s so bad?

I don’t think Kyrie is a bad guy. I just think he cares more about being an individual then being smart with his words and actions. No, the earth isn’t flat. Probably should have just taken the vaccine for his team but I respect that he didn’t want to. He shouldn’t have tweeted this movie. He really should just do him, play basketball, and enjoy his millions of dollars he’s sitting on.

Finally, a well thought out and reasonable post. Jay Will also brought up the following point:

Why is the documentary on Amazon? Why is THAT platform not receiving the same outrage as Kyrie?

I refuse to join in and try to make Kyrie the boogieman. I still love the brother as a fellow Jerseyan, I appreciate his time at Duke and am not ashamed of him in the slightest.
Bravo, well said.

Reactions: sheyduke
Some very good points being made.

First, we have no room for antisemitism or any racism in our society. That goes for all races and religions.

Secondly, I agree with many of the statements above. All he did was tweet a movie. Never said anything and even voiced disagreement with some of the notions made in the video. Do I think it was smart? No. Malcolm X had some of the same sentiments. I don’t hear from anybody calling for his head. Lebron James voiced how smart of a man he was when he “read” his book (see what I did there).

Thirdly, as mentioned above, this is the nba. The self anointed social justice league except when it comes to true human right violations going on in China and Saudi Arabia. Then they all turn a blind eye when it affects their pocket books. Maybe similar to how the Kyrie situation affects their pocket books? This league is filled with some of the most hypocritical people around. Who takes what any of them have to say seriously?

Lastly, why isn’t Amazon taking heat for having this movie available if it’s so bad?

I don’t think Kyrie is a bad guy. I just think he cares more about being an individual then being smart with his words and actions. No, the earth isn’t flat. Probably should have just taken the vaccine for his team but I respect that he didn’t want to. He shouldn’t have tweeted this movie. He really should just do him, play basketball, and enjoy his millions of dollars he’s sitting on.
Another good post. I’m just glad he didn’t get jabbed - we see more and more daily how rushed and mismanaged that was so he needed to make the right call for him. Regardless this heat he’s getting overall us just a tad overboard.

Reactions: sheyduke

great take by jwill.......very odd that kyrie is taking so much flack for simply posting the movie poster???...yet its on sale on Amazon and nothing???

No room for anti semitism. That’s why I’ve also written off Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.
Without getting into a partisan political debate about this, I don’t agree that they said anything antisemitic. But your mentioning it helps me find the words for some reservations I have about accusations of antisemitism, namely that criticism of Israel is not the same thing. I don’t know how bad the video Kyrie posted is, but he should have apologized sooner for the harm out of sheer human decency. There’s no question he has handled this like a real d-bag. As to whether it constitutes antisemitism or not… I would like to know the distinction is being made between that and mere criticism of Israel. Antisemitism is awful and unacceptable. Conflating it with criticism of Israel weakens our ability to address it.

Kyrie is one of ours, for better and worse. I’m all for holding him accountable. I’m not at all down with canceling him and shunning him.

Without getting into a partisan political debate about this, I don’t agree that they said anything antisemitic. But your mentioning it helps me find the words for some reservations I have about accusations of antisemitism, namely that criticism of Israel is not the same thing. I don’t know how bad the video Kyrie posted is, but he should have apologized sooner for the harm out of sheer human decency. There’s no question he has handled this like a real d-bag. As to whether it constitutes antisemitism or not… I would like to know the distinction is being made between that and mere criticism of Israel. Antisemitism is awful and unacceptable. Conflating it with criticism of Israel weakens our ability to address it.

Kyrie is one of ours, for better and worse. I’m all for holding him accountable. I’m not at all down with canceling him and shunning him.
Is that the same “sheer human decency” as promoting abortion as “birth control”?

I don’t think Kyrie would be getting the hate of it wasn’t for what is going on with Kanye right now.

I turn on ESPN, they are talking about Kyrie. I put on sports radio in my car, they are talking about Kyrie. I think the guy just craves attention. I'm so over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT