ADVERTISEMENT

Keep playing Goldwire and Duke is an easy out in NCAAs

Wow. Goldy taking mad heat. Everybody was honkin his bobo a few weeks back when we were winning with him getting extra pt. Praise his name! He’s awesome! Now he’s trash. SMFH.
If Duke doesn't have 5 Lebron James type players out there, they are gonna talk junk.

Reactions: QC Dukie
I can't fault Goldwire for the losing plays he made at Wake Forest, we lose to FSU by 10 if Goldwire doesn't have the game of his life.

Personally I think he needs to play less. I think part of a reason for our slow starts is Goldwire is on the floor, and the beginning of games are played in the half-court, our half-court offense with Goldwire playing is too easy to defend.

I'd prefer him to come off the bench and when he comes in we immediately press full-court. Play him in a role like he had last year except triple the minutes.
Spot on jwill

Reactions: jwill133
He is nowhere near as good of a foul shooter though. Give Moore the ball with 30 seconds left and he is strong enough with the ball to get fouled.

Moore does have ball-handling issues, no doubt, but in an obvious foul situation, you just gotta be strong and wait for the foul, I trust Moore to do that. Moore's turnover in that game was when they were trapping without fouling, big difference.

Not talking about one play about Moore's ball handling....its been bad most of the year....and I'm that situation I feel Jordan would make at least 1 of 2 FTs

He is nowhere near as good of a foul shooter though. Give Moore the ball with 30 seconds left and he is strong enough with the ball to get fouled.

Moore does have ball-handling issues, no doubt, but in an obvious foul situation, you just gotta be strong and wait for the foul, I trust Moore to do that. Moore's turnover in that game was when they were trapping without fouling, big difference.
There are 3 players that I want to see with the ball in their hands in late game situations where we know that we’re most likely going to get fouled. Moore is one of those players and the other two players are Hurt and Stanley because they seem to have been our most consistent free throw shooters throughout the season.

Reactions: jwill133
goldwire screwed the pooch no doubt, but the last foul call on him at the end of reg was bogus. he just turned around and got run into. the whole game was a joke from a foul standpoint.

we are making too many ball handling mistakes at the end of games and it cost us. hard to see where this group is going.

Reactions: timo0402
There's no bigger Goldwire fan than me but 20 minutes sounds about right for him. More Alex for offense.

Wow. Goldy taking mad heat. Everybody was honkin his bobo a few weeks back when we were winning with him getting extra pt. Praise his name! He’s awesome! Now he’s trash. SMFH.

Well, I've never thought he was a starting answer or worthy of starter minutes.

It's great to see him get PT if he is playing well. But he does not have any offensive talent to speak of - except in that occasional surprising way - and so, yeah, his getting minutes is not good for the team and a sign of either the team imploding or a lack of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT