ADVERTISEMENT

Keels 2nd round

Duke Blu

All Conference
Nov 7, 2017
Thats what i am seeing in latest mocks. Why not come back, play next to your former HS teammate (Roach) again, another shot at a title, NIL and this time next year, become a sure first rounder?

Thats what i am seeing in latest mocks. Why not come back, play next to your former HS teammate (Roach) again, another shot at a title, NIL and this time next year, become a sure first rounder?
The risk of coming back is that your weaknesses will be exposed for all to see.

But second round is not guaranteed right? That's a risk too.
No you can get drafted in the second round and the team has a bigger say so over your contract . Gary Trent went second round and got a decent guaranteed contract.

Reactions: christophero
I look at it as come back and eliminate that weakness, which should result in improvement in draft position.
Not that easy if you don’t improve where scouts think you should .

Looking back at the last 5 years there is a big difference between early second round and late second round as far as guys sticking.

Some advice for 80% of this board. Step away from the ledge. Go enjoy your weekends. The negativity is beyond contagious with this group.
Much respect and admiration ALWAYS for your maintenance of this site and opinions. I know a lot of it does sound like "negativity."

However I tend to recognize much realism in the views. You generally have a very bright group, and I would not discourage traffic on the site. Just my opinion. Please carry on with your stellar work!
#GoDuke OFC

40-0 next year! I got my tattoo already.
Hoping we get some good news this week. I am hearing some talk that Keels may be back (just rumor), but it could go either way. he may test the waters. Considering Moore is a junior and just went to the final four I doubt he's back.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Keels (along with AJ Griffin) has no business playing pro ball right now but he (they) will declare.
AJ just has to get over his injury mentality and he will be fine in the league . Don’t think we even saw but a glimpse of what he can do but his athleticism does need to improve but that comes with being healthy . Keels is about the same except his shot needs to be consistent.

Not sure that slow release on his shot will work in the NBA. Wish AJ could come back for year two, but that won't happen. Nor should it; he's lottery. He also seems very laid back. He needs a mean streak. Winslow had one. I'd rate Winslow's year one better than AJ's as he was much more consistent and tough by year's end. A lot of our guys never get to work out their kinks at Duke. Keels is the guy I'm hoping returns. Even when Keel's shot wasn't falling he would contribute, where AJ would just vanish.

Last edited:
Not sure that slow release on his shot will work in the NBA. Wish AJ could come back for year two, but that won't happen. Nor should it; he's lottery. He also seems very laid back. He needs a mean streak. Winslow had one. I'd rate Winslow's year one better than AJ's as he was much more consistent and tough by year's end. A lot of our guys never get to work out their kinks in the NBA not at Duke. Keels is the guy I'm hoping returns. Even when Keel's shot wasn't falling he would contribute, where AJ would just vanish.
AJ would "vanish." I love him to death, great kid, deeply into God and I hope he finds his rainbow. I do agree though on the Winslow "mean streak." I don't know if that intangible can be taught. OFC

Some advice for 80% of this board. Step away from the ledge. Go enjoy your weekends. The negativity is beyond contagious with this group.
Don’t forget the whining here about UNChoke having people come back next year. Truly sad.

Reactions: sheyduke
Not sure that slow release on his shot will work in the NBA. Wish AJ could come back for year two, but that won't happen. Nor should it; he's lottery. He also seems very laid back. He needs a mean streak. Winslow had one. I'd rate Winslow's year one better than AJ's as he was much more consistent and tough by year's end. A lot of our guys never get to work out their kinks at Duke. Keels is the guy I'm hoping returns. Even when Keel's shot wasn't falling he would contribute, where AJ would just vanish.
Not sure if you’ve followed Winslow’s career in the league but he’s all but disappeared. Like stated , it’s more mental then anything with AJ. I think we see what he could have been at Duke but he will show it in the league .

I am surprised Winslow isn't a better pro. He's had injuries I know, but I don't follow the NBA. Still it's been 7 years.

Last edited:
I am surprised Winslow isn't a better pro. He's had injuries I know, but I don't follow the NBA. Still it's been 7 years.
He can’t stay healthy . He’s been injured every season . He never really got his jumper or three point shot falling . He was good I think his second season with the heat then fell off. Thing is he still made millions due to both his contracts were locks with guaranteed money .

Much respect and admiration ALWAYS for your maintenance of this site and opinions. I know a lot of it does sound like "negativity."

However I tend to recognize much realism in the views. You generally have a very bright group, and I would not discourage traffic on the site. Just my opinion. Please carry on with your stellar work!
#GoDuke OFC
“Realism” is a loose term around here. But I’ll carry on.

Reactions: hart2chesson
This will sound sarcastic, but I honestly don't mean it sarcastically. But I think a lot of people — particularly college basketball fans that don't watch the NBA — forget or don't realize how insanely good every NBA player is. It is *hard* to make it in the NBA.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
@timo0402 no one from Duke is returning, even Scheyer. Even players from low level D3 schools like “Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle” don’t want Duke. UNC will go undefeated the next decade and beer will be made illegal.

(sarcasm I swear 😂)

• Love
Reactions: toophly1124
@timo0402 no one from Duke is returning, even Scheyer. Even players from low level D3 schools like “Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle” don’t want Duke. UNC will go undefeated the next decade and beer will be made illegal.

(sarcasm I swear 😂)
NOOOO!!! On the beer being made illegal the rest is hog was can UNC even spell undefeated ,lol

This will sound sarcastic, but I honestly don't mean it sarcastically. But I think a lot of people — particularly college basketball fans that don't watch the NBA — forget or don't realize how insanely good every NBA player is. It is *hard* to make it in the NBA.
Was watching Steph Curry warming up before game it's rediculous how quick his release is and everything goes in. AJ will need to work on that part of his shot. In comparison to Winslow I think AJ will have a better NBA career because he will eventually be a bigger threat from the three point line.

Reactions: sheyduke
I don't think Duke basketball players realize this either.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke Blu
I don't think Duke basketball players realize this either.
One of the common factors for guys who left early and maybe shouldn’t have is who was coming in the next season. Hurt and Steward weren’t getting a bunch of minutes on this team. Duval would’ve been splitting time with Tre. When guys like Moore and Hurt (after his freshman season) come back, there’s almost always a clear path to 30+ minutes a game and being a team leader.

I agree but Hurt and Steward would have gotten 15-20 minutes off the bench and we would have cut the nets down. Even one of those guys returns and it puts us over the hump.

Reactions: ioliva and Duke Blu
Steward going pro led to us getting Keels, at least that's the word. So that's really not an excuse for him leaving. His was the worst decision of all the early departures we have had. Hurt on the other hand... you're spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT