ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Beginning Steps to Move to BIG10

I find it interesting that Kansas is getting Big 10 interest and their football is worse than ours. I always thought football controlled the attractiveness of a school to a conference.

Reactions: christophero
I find it interesting that Kansas is getting Big 10 interest and their football is worse than ours. I always thought football controlled the attractiveness of a school to a conference.
For most of our lifetimes KU has the worst power 5 football program in the US. Academics average. Flies in the face of the conventional wisdom as to what makes a school attractive as you noted

• Haha
Reactions: briarmaster
For most of our lifetimes KU has the worst power 5 football program in the US. Academics average. Flies in the face of the conventional wisdom as to what makes a school attractive as you noted
They’re definitely not Rutgers. :)

Rutgers has a solid basketball team, a football coach who has won in the past and is in the biggest market in the country. If Rutgers can get out of its way and keep its momentum, the Big 10 will look like a genius in bringing it in.

However, being a NJ guy myself, I expect Rutgers to regress somehow.

Rutgers has a solid basketball team, a football coach who has won in the past and is in the biggest market in the country. If Rutgers can get out of its way and keep its momentum, the Big 10 will look like a genius in bringing it in.

Saying Rutgers has a solid basketball program is like saying Kansas has a solid football program. I get it being a huge media market but college sports doesn’t exactly rule the day in the NJ/NY markets.

Reactions: GAAP
BIG12 may be done. ACC could be in trouble as well if they go after the remaining Texas schools. What is the GOR and how does it potentially stop schools like FSU or Clemson from leaving the ACC?
The gor is basically an agreement that all of the acc teams entered into during the last round of conference realignment which keeps the teams in the league until 2036. Basically if the teams leave the league the forfeit a whole boat load of money to the league for years and years. It has been called iron clad as far as locking in the teams

Reactions: Quavarius

Like Boston and Chicago NYC is a pro town. Imho you’re overstating the case Adding Syracuse was supposed to reap a financial windfall for the ACC. How has that worked out?

It was unfortunate that Syracuse football has taken a bad downhill turn the last few years.

Reactions: KDSTONE
The gor is basically an agreement that all of the acc teams entered into during the last round of conference realignment which keeps the teams in the league until 2036. Basically if the teams leave the league the forfeit a whole boat load of money to the league for years and years. It has been called iron clad as far as locking in the teams
If I read it right, I looked it up it only applies to home games. Will be interesting to see what happens. I guess almost any contract can be gotten out of. Guess i will watch Clemson and FSU to see what they are doing .

Kansas is primarily a cheating basketball school.
If the substantially weakened NCAA had ANYTHING on Coach Self or Kansas, they would have slapped them by now. This crap has been going on for literally years. It is clear the NCAA has no credible evidence.

KU is a prestigious AAU Research and Teaching institution. We are on a rebuild in football yes, however, this is about to change. We OWN the Kansas City Metro (15 minutes from our main campus in Lawrence) have an Internationally recognized brand( yes Worldwide, I have traveled the world twice. Many people, especially in the EU and Japan gave me knew what I was wearing on my T-Shirts-though Jayhawk sounded hilarious in Japanese)and our Alumni Association has branches in nearly every major American city. Our largest outside of the KC area is in Chicago, followed by Los Angeles. Our Fanbase is nationwide. You get the picture. We are the 28th in Athletic Revenue, 3rd largest in our Conference after Texas and Oklahoma generating $121,533,307 before the Pandemic, beating out UCLA, North Carolina, Illinois, Colorado, and our blood feud rivals Missouri. I could go on but it is self-evident. We are one of the most endowment-rich institutions of higher learning in the Nation due to our smart money management and wealthy donors and Alumnus. Our Football has been awful, however, it was not always and we have just the Coach to turn it around, Lance Leipold who knows how to build Championship Football teams from nothing. Most of our problems were due to poor vetting of Coaches, lousy ADs, and some Chancellors who really did not care about Sports. Your statement is false and you know nothing of which you speak. I think we will be attractive enough to gain Big10 Membership. Duke Much? Your views are a bit tilted. I believe Duke only made for the same academic period $40,328,603 about the same as Cal Davis. Next time throw something that sticks. BTW we invented the game of College Basketball and the Sports Inventor (our First Coach) is buried on our Campus. Also, we are set to become the winningest College Basketball Program in History, probably this year, surpassing Kentucky, (We already surpass Duke) which Kansas also seeded (Adolph Rupp was a KU Grad from Burrton KS.).Have fun with your new Coach! Rock Chalk!

Last edited:
They’re definitely not Rutgers. :)
Duke much? I understand your antipathy towards Kansas because we are Competitors Liftee, but I don't think even a Dukee can make these statements and keep a straight face. Try something that is reality-based. Our Stadium is one of the oldest in America and needs a facelift but our new AD is more realistic than the one we got rid of.

Last edited:
This is so tame compared to other boards. Go on a Kentucky or UNC board and see how they talk about Duke.

KDSTONE- This is about to change. Watch and learn. And I must be significantly older than You. I remember in my years at KU, we won as many as we lost. We certainly beat out our instate rivals and if I remember right we beat Duke-twice.​

Duke much? I understand your antipathy towards Kansas because we are Competitors Liftee, but I don't think even a Dukee can make these statements and keep a straight face. Try something that is reality-based. Our Stadium is one of the oldest in America and needs a facelift but our new AD is more realistic than the one we got rid of.

We beat you in the national championship game. That trumps everything.

That was actually when we established ourselves as the best program in the nation. A position we continue to enjoy.

So thanks for your part in helping us get that started.

;-)

KDSTONE- This is about to change. Watch and learn. And I must be significantly older than You. I remember in my years at KU, we won as many as we lost. We certainly beat out our instate rivals and if I remember right we beat Duke-twice.​

Kansas is currently ranked 124 by us news and world report. Rankings aren’t everything but this does not smack of prestigious. I never said KU did not have a storied bball program with a lot of amazing connections. However, in most of our lifetimes (I was born in 72), the Hawks have won two titles 08 and 88 two less than UConn one less than Louisville and the same number as Florida

KU is a prestigious AAU Research and Teaching institution. We are on a rebuild in football yes, however, this is about to change. We OWN the Kansas City Metro (15 minutes from our main campus in Lawrence) have an Internationally recognized brand( yes Worldwide, I have traveled the world twice. Many people, especially in the EU and Japan gave me knew what I was wearing on my T-Shirts-though Jayhawk sounded hilarious in Japanese)and our Alumni Association has branches in nearly every major American city. Our largest outside of the KC area is in Chicago, followed by Los Angeles. Our Fanbase is nationwide. You get the picture. We are the 28th in Athletic Revenue, 3rd largest in our Conference after Texas and Oklahoma generating $121,533,307 before the Pandemic, beating out UCLA, North Carolina, Illinois, Colorado, and our blood feud rivals Missouri. I could go on but it is self-evident. We are one of the most endowment-rich institutions of higher learning in the Nation due to our smart money management and wealthy donors and Alumnus. Our Football has been awful, however, it was not always and we have just the Coach to turn it around, Lance Leipold who knows how to build Championship Football teams from nothing. Most of our problems were due to poor vetting of Coaches, lousy ADs, and some Chancellors who really did not care about Sports. Your statement is false and you know nothing of which you speak. I think we will be attractive enough to gain Big10 Membership. Duke Much? Your views are a bit tilted. I believe Duke only made for the same academic period $40,328,603 about the same as Cal Davis. Next time throw something that sticks. BTW we invented the game of College Basketball and the Sports Inventor (our First Coach) is buried on our Campus. Also, we are set to become the winningest College Basketball Program in History, probably this year, surpassing Kentucky, (We already surpass Duke) which Kansas also seeded (Adolph Rupp was a KU Grad from Burrton KS.).Have fun with your new Coach! Rock Chalk!
That’s great that you guys have racked up so many wins against Iowa State and Misery over the years. But the rest of the Blue Bloods are more concerned about trophies NCaaa not Helms trophies “won” when people still got around on horseback

“Instate rivals”. I assume you’re referring to Kansas St since you won’t schedule Wichita after they beat you in the tournament. Oh dear 👌

If Kansas ever gets rid of Self and brings in a solid bench coach they will be a tough team to play.

If Kansas ever gets rid of Self and brings in a solid bench coach they will be a tough team to play.
Just my opinion but your assessment of Self is surprising he’s a hell of a coach. Sketchy character but knows ball

You are correct about one thing. KU football could not possibly be one of the things that could pique Big Ten interest. How has KU done against that football powerhouse, Duke, the last 2 or 3 times we have played? On the other hand, I cannot think of a major conference that admitted a school primarily on the strength of its basketball team. If the Big Ten wanted to expand, there are a ton of schools which would make better candidates than KU, say Iowa State, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and, oh yea, Notre Dame, for instance.

OFC

For a while there with all the KU fans posting I thought I somehow managed to end up on a Kansas discussion board. I thought I was in The Twilight Zone. Whew! I was a little confused. OFC

For a while there with all the KU fans posting I thought I somehow managed to end up on a Kansas discussion board. I thought I was in The Twilight Zone. Whew! I was a little confused. OFC
That’s understandable sky. I like the way Selfs teams play. Consider it a guilty pkeasute like melrose place or Laguna beach

Kansas seems like they are always good. I don't even know who is on their team, but every year they are top 10. Off court issues aside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT