ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen opts out

Wish Jalen nothing but the best. Most wanted him gone and now he’s gone. So, let’s move forward! Can’t blame him anymore if things don’t go right!

Not really a surprise. I just don't think he was into college basketball. Any program. I think if he had it to all over again he would be playing in Europe. He didn't finish his high school career and now college. It's his choice though and I'm sure he gave it a lot of thought. His playing time going downward made the decision easy for him. Interesting to see how the NBA teams look at it. Will his stock go down or will it really not matter. Like all Duke players who leave Duke one way or another I wish him well. He came and played for Duke so he is a Dukie. OFC

>Doesn't play defense
>Thinks he's a point guard
>Turns it over every other possession
> Takes contested 3's which he hits at a 26%clip

If that isn't NBA READY, I don't know what is
Sounds like 3/4 of the league.

Mom always said if ya ain't got nothing nice to say .... so here goes.
Jalen, on my list of favorite Dukies you fall right between Joey Beard and Taylor King

Not really a surprise. I just don't think he was into college basketball. Any program. I think if he had it to all over again he would be playing in Europe. He didn't finish his high school career and now college. It's his choice though and I'm sure he gave it a lot of thought. His playing time going downward made the decision easy for him. Interesting to see how the NBA teams look at it. Will his stock go down or will it really not matter. Like all Duke players who leave Duke one way or another I wish him well. He came and played for Duke so he is a Dukie. OFC
I doubted you in the other thread. I apologize. You had nailed it.

Kid was a cancer with a misguided ego. Glad he’s gone. Annoyed me every time he was in the game. NBA will chew up and spit out this cupcake

>Doesn't play defense
>Thinks he's a point guard
>Turns it over every other possession
> Takes contested 3's which he hits at a 26%clip

If that isn't NBA READY, I don't know what is
Sounds like 3/4 of the league.

Mom always said if ya ain't got nothing nice to say .... so here goes.
Jalen, on my list of favorite Dukies you fall right between Joey Beard and Taylor King
Said same thing during last game. I don’t consider him a Dukie when you quit

I don't think this has anything to do with "shifting focus to next year". I just think Jalen was not committed to the team and it's better for both sides that he moves on. Clearly Jalen didn't want to put in the work to get better and tougher at this level. Good luck at the next level but it's hard to think of him as a Brotherhood guy.

I’m shocked and disappointed a bunch of people are happy he’s leaving. Things like this aren’t good for the program no matter how much you didn’t like his game. This sucks, hope the team can push on.

Reactions: Quavarius
My favorite quote when i see these sorts of decisions
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” MLK. Your actions and your character go hand in hand.

I’m shocked and disappointed a bunch of people are happy he’s leaving. Things like this aren’t good for the program no matter how much you didn’t like his game. This sucks, hope the team can push on.

This isn’t a bad look for Duke....this is a very bad look for Jalen. Forget him quitting on Duke. He quit on his coaches and teammates, his brothers. This certainly raises more eyebrows about him, not Duke.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he reaches his life goals. They’re going to be tough to attain if he continues down the path of the last two years, though.

I don't think this has anything to do with "shifting focus to next year". I just think Jalen was not committed to the team and it's better for both sides that he moves on. Clearly Jalen didn't want to put in the work to get better and tougher at this level. Good luck at the next level but it's hard to think of him as a Brotherhood guy.
This is a pattern. When Jalen left his high school team for IMG, his father said it was because he wanted to prepare for Duke. Now he’s leaving Duke to prepare for the NBA. It’s a matter of time before he demands a trade from whatever crappy team drafts him

Other players. Came to Duke, didn’t perform to their level AKA Cam Reddish, but didn’t quit and it still worked out very well for him, so there is no need to quit on your team at this time of the year. Real men would gut it out and give it all to the very end!!

This isn’t a bad look for Duke....this is a very bad look for Jalen. Forget him quitting on Duke. He quit on his coaches and teammates, his brothers. This certainly raises more eyebrows about him, not Duke.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he reaches his life goals. They’re going to be tough to attain if he continues down the path of the last two years, though.
Exactly! I’d rather roll with the guys that want to wear the Duke uniform then keep a good player with one foot out the foot

Other players. Came to Duke, didn’t perform to their level AKA Cam Reddish, but didn’t quit and it still worked out very well for him, so there is no need to quit on your team at this time of the year. Real men would gut it out and give it all to the very end!!

you comparing Cam’s team/season to Jalen’s? Umm, who knows what Cam would have done on an 8-8 team probably headed towards the NIT during COVID.

I don't see the point with a few weeks left in the season. If it was about playing time I'm glad K stood his ground playing him less because he was not performing.

Which would only cement the notion that he quit. The story is he’s got to get healthy for his NBA career and everything is chill between him, Coach K and his teammates. That’s their story and they’re sticking to it. And it’s in both sides’ interests to keep it that way.

Which would only cement the notion that he quit. The story is he’s got to get healthy for his NBA career and everything is chill between him, Coach K and his teammates. That’s their story and they’re sticking to it. And it’s in both sides’ interests to keep it that way.

We should probably analyze this further...

• Haha
Reactions: timritterus
you comparing Cam’s team/season to Jalen’s? Umm, who knows what Cam would have done on an 8-8 team probably headed towards the NIT during COVID.
I mean, I have an idea of what he would've done, he would've stuck it out. Cam struggled quite a bit here but his effort never faltered and he never quit on his team when he easily could've. Jalen is 100% quitting and his effort has in fact faltered, in most of the games he's played this season. That being said I wish him nothing but the best because we don't actually know what is going on with him and probably never will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT