ADVERTISEMENT

I've been thinking whether or not to start this thread.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Been back and forth on it. Don't really want to step on some toes but I know I will. Here goes. It's well know about my distaste for unc athletics. I have to admit though for a long time I did respect them. In basketball especially they were always among the tops in the nation. Academically year after year produced many outstanding graduates including many of my personal friends. I also have a ton of family and friends who are unc fans. They have an outstanding hospital in Chapel Hill that has served both my father and I and the children's hospital is outstanding. However my respect for the university and it's athletic program has really took a nose dive. With due respect to all unc alumni who have earned that degree you still have my respect but with the AFAM program I feel there are tainted degrees out there. Please this has nothing to do with it being an African American class. It has to do with a class no one was required to attend. If it were called basket weaving 101 and no one attended or had to take exams then that would be the issue. It has nothing to do with being a tar heel fan or a Duke fan. If this had happened at Duke I would still be a Duke fan but shamed Duke fan and would demand better of the program I support. What really rubs me raw is it was set up with deceit. Yes the loop hole was there and unc got off scott free because of it. A lot of smart yet deceitful people set it up. There were scape goats and pay offs.I hear it happens everywhere. No doubt there are easy course everywhere but the students are at least required to go to class. Some of the most influential people at unc knew this was not right yet they supported it. No one can tell me hof coach roy williams didn't know what was going on. He got a little scared about it and stopped his players from taking the course. Of course he said he didn't know. The current ACC commissioner was the AD there when most of it was going own and would not own up to it. I guess all these fine people thought because it was unc doing it they were entitled. So forgive me if I've offended some people. I'm sorry about that. I've stated before that I will not forget this dirty cheating program. I can't even bring myself to giving current and future athletes that go there any respect. I guess I need therapy. OFC

Last edited:
Sky, what I have learned in my life is that doing the right thing, being a good person and living with integrity doesn't always bear the fruits that a good person deserves. I have also learned that sometimes the bad guys win. The UNC Tarheels is our example in this scenario. It is what is, the school, alumni or fans have no shame for the scandal. They cheated and got off scott free and they are happy about that. I am with you, if it was Duke I would be ashamed and own it as a fan. If I get to enjoy the Championships and wins, I would eat the burden of corruption if it were to ever happen. I have known hundreds of Tarheel fans over my life time and most are delusional F**ktards who hate everything Duke/K and can't separate sport from real life and show any kind of sportsmanship. Out of the hundreds I have two, yes TWO Tarheel fans that I call friends who are great people that I would go to war with. Those guys are carrying the burden of the scandal and I couldn't respect them more. It hurts them to the core and I actually have empathy for them because if it was Duke they would have empathy for me.

Shout out to Dennis and Chuck. The rest can choke on a shit sandwich.

Last edited:
Sky, what I have learned in my life is that doing the right thing, being a good person and living with integrity doesn't always bear the fruits that a good person deserves. I have also learned that sometimes the bad guys win. The UNC Tarheels is our example in this scenario. It is what is, the school, alumni or fans have no shame for the scandal. They cheated and got off scott free and they are happy about that. I am with you, if it was Duke I would be ashamed and own it as a fan. If I get to enjoy the Championships and wins, I would eat the burden of corruption if it were to ever happen. I have known hundreds of Tarheel fans over my life time and most are delusional F**ktards who hate everything Duke/K and can't separate sport from real life and show any kind of sportsmanship. Out of the hundreds I have two, yes TWO Tarheel fans that I call friends who are great people that I would go to war with. Those guys are carrying the burden of the scandal and I couldn't respect them more. It hurts them to the core and I actually have empathy for them because if it was Duke the would have empathy for me.

Shout out to Dennis and Chuck. The rest can choke on a shit sandwich.

Thank you honkey. You're support means a lot. I was beginning to think I made a mistake with this thread. I did fret over it. But once again. I ain't forgetting and I will not let it go away or be swept under that gigantic rug. I've said it before and I know some are tired of hearing it. The dirt is still under the rug. OFC

Thank you honkey. You're support means a lot. I was beginning to think I made a mistake with this thread. I did fret over it. But once again. I ain't forgetting and I will not let it go away or be swept under that gigantic rug. I've said it before and I know some are tired of hearing it. The dirt is still under the rug. OFC

As Duke fans it's our job to make sure the world knows and will always know that they cheated and are the doo doo stains on the underwear of collegiate sports. It must always haunt them.

Counselor here. You very well might need therapy, but not based on anything in this post. To me, you are spot on. I used to respect UNC too. The fact that they were a great public university and supposedly did things the right way made the rivalry that much better. I would even root for them against most non conference teams. Now, they are total garbage to me. Few things in society are worse than fraud. UNC athletics = one big fraud.

I use to respect the school and the fans. Back in the 00s I posted on the ESPN message board most of the time. Some of my better online friends were UNC fans. We ripped on each other, but there was a mutual respect there. I didn’t like UNC winning, but thought they were part of the group of successful schools that did it the right way. Turns out I was wrong about UNC.

Now, I have no respect for the school, it’s athletic department or coaches (who coached in the sports we know we’re involved in the massive academic fraud). I don’t interact with my old UNC friends from ESPN anymore, but if I did I’d still respect them. I’d also give them a bunch of sht for the scandals. The UNC fans on Rivals are either respectful pragmatists or people like Gary. The latter seems more prevalent. I’ll show mutual respect to UNC fans that deserve it. The rest, I just like to watch them post like I’m observing a Dodo bird at a zoo for animals that are no longer extinct.

Agree with you all here. Been a Duke fan since mid 60's and have always been proud of how the athletic programs have carried themselves. If it turned out that we were doing the things that Chapel Hill has done, I would be greatly disappointed and wanting changes made and those responsible being held accountable. I would remain a fan unless they continued along a dirty path, as UNC has shown.

From the time I set foot on campus in 94 until the scandal broke, I "hated" UNC, but I was always so very proud of being a part of the Duke/UNC rivalry. And that was because, despite the basketball animosity, I always believed we were very much mirrors of each other, two sides of the same classy coin, two rivals that understood the important of doing things the right way and academics and all of that, and ours was the only major rivalry to have that. I always believed that we were a LOT more similar than we were different, and honestly I never really hated UNC like so many.

At this point any reasonable person believes that the UNC folks knew exactly what was going on. And I hate that, because it ruined the rivalry for me, and the rivalry was always a big part of being a Duke fan for me. I'll never forgive and never forget UNC for taking that away from me:(

They got away with murder. But much worse than that...they're proud of it.

OFC
Dirt this is SO TRUE!! They have deep, deep pockets over there in that cesspool of Rams Club members.Those same jerks are TRULY PROUD they beat the system, and think they can get away with ANYTHING!

I always suspected if El Deano was corrupt, and he TRULY WAS as he HATCHED the bogus AFAM classes to get players like Rasheed, McInnis and Stackhouse thru the dumpster fire of athletic curriculum.

I never thought I would detest ol Roy MORE than Dean, but I do. The "aw shucks" routine w/the media is just a front and he's a street smart and smooth operator.Sky we can NEVER, EVER let them forget their cheating and tarnished legacy. Always remember 82-50: "The cheating didnt stop the beating!!!"

#GTHCGTH

OFC

It's amazing, too, how gleeful the UNC posters are about this mess. They literally troll the national board about it, and they group-think more than any group of fans I've ever seen... "Oh, you guys are triggered!" "We did nothing wrong b/c no sanctions!" and then the best part, bringing up the scandal, and then when someone responds trying to insist that people are obsessed with UNC. They really are a desperate mess.

Dirt this is SO TRUE!! They have deep, deep pockets over there in that cesspool of Rams Club members.Those same jerks are TRULY PROUD they beat the system, and think they can get away with ANYTHING!

I always suspected if El Deano was corrupt, and he TRULY WAS as he HATCHED the bogus AFAM classes to get players like Rasheed, McInnis and Stackhouse thru the dumpster fire of athletic curriculum.

I never thought I would detest ol Roy MORE than Dean, but I do. The "aw shucks" routine w/the media is just a front and he's a street smart and smooth operator.Sky we can NEVER, EVER let them forget their cheating and tarnished legacy. Always remember 82-50: "The cheating didnt stop the beating!!!"

#GTHCGTH

OFC

Yep, it's the Carolina Way, Hart. And I love that line, 'the cheating didn't stop the beating'...that's great!

OFC

It's amazing, too, how gleeful the UNC posters are about this mess. They literally troll the national board about it, and they group-think more than any group of fans I've ever seen... "Oh, you guys are triggered!" "We did nothing wrong b/c no sanctions!" and then the best part, bringing up the scandal, and then when someone responds trying to insist that people are obsessed with UNC. They really are a desperate mess.

If I can paraphrase the Marines slogan, 'the many, the proud, the UNCheaters'.

OFC

This is like reading the minutes from an AA meeting. “I loved the taste of UNC wine, but now...”
Please keep it up! It’s hilariously naive and entertaining. The “scandal” is growing with some to the point that it will soon be lurking on the grassy knoll on 11/22/63, flying the planes on 9/11 and probably responsible for hanging chads in Broward county.
It’s simply fascinating, kind of like a Chia pet in the kitchen window.
Thanks guys.
The first step to recovery is acceptance...

Last edited:
This is like reading the minutes from an AA meeting. “I loved the taste of UNC wine, but now...”
Please keep it up! It’s hilariously naive and entertaining. The “scandal” is growing with some to the point that it will soon be lurking on the grassy knoll on 11/22/63, flying the planes on 9/11 and probably responsible for hanging chads in Broward county.
Thanks guys.

"Hilariously naive" UNC-Cheat fan......

OFC

Thanks guys.

You guys cheated. Everybody in the world knows it. There’s a reason the entire athletic department except for one person and most of the administration got fired. You got away with it, so congratulations for that I guess. But let’s not be naïve. It’s OK though, you probably didn’t go to Carolina and I doubt academics or the school in general matters as much to you.

You guys cheated. Everybody in the world knows it. There’s a reason the entire athletic department except for one person and most of the administration got fired. You got away with it, so congratulations for that I guess. But let’s not be naïve. It’s OK though, you probably didn’t go to Carolina and I doubt academics or the school in general matters as much to you.

Thanks for stating the response so eloquently Dude.....

OFC

I believe he is an unc grad and is one of those slimy unc lawyers that got the cheaters off. Either that or he 's Mike nifong. Look he wouldn'the have taken the time to post here if he didn'the think it was wrong. He knows. He's just intitled. OFC

No doubt in my mind that El Deano was the mastermind behind all the cheating.

As for Ol Roy, he knew before he didn’t know.

I guess some would say I'm a little obsessed with this cheating deal I'm not obsessed with the unc program just don't have a smigget ( I have no way of knowing how to spell the word but heard and been using it all my life.) of respect for an coach or athlete that decides to go there. Occy64 just reaffirms all theses things for me. I appreciate the kind words of support with my feelings. I know there's nothing that can be done about it I understand that but as long as I live and have the ability to post I will remind folks on here what happened. Not so much for the Duke fans but for the trolls and the lurkers. They are trying so hard to forget. OFC

You should take your own advice and take an honest look at what UNCheaters did.
I was thinking the same thing. What a statement to make. I really don't get where this guy is coming from. The last thing
I would want to do is get into is a discussion with a bunch of Duke fans about defending my dirty program. I hate making this comparison and I'mean trying to compare what
O.J. did but the arrogance of getting away with it compares. I am making any since there? OFC

I was thinking the same thing. What a statement to make. I really don't get where this guy is coming from. The last thing
I would want to do is get into is a discussion with a bunch of Duke fans about defending my dirty program. I hate making this comparison and I'mean trying to compare what
O.J. did but the arrogance of getting away with it compares. I am making any since there? OFC
You are. Both exude arrogance. Hopefully this UNCheaters fan isn’t dumb enough to write a book titled “If UNC did it” and then Duke fans get the rights to the book and make “If” 1pt font size in the title.

Alright Occy you are more than welcome to come back if you want to face another firing squad.....Tell us Occy is the UNC administration going to pay off "The Hat's" (Fedora) contract to get rid of him? Did the win over mighty Western Carolina save his job? :confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::cool::D OFC

This is a summary I found from the investigation in basketball lead by Secretary of State Rice:

“The committee also urged closing the farcical escape route taken by North Carolina when under NCAA investigation, noting that “member institutions should not be able to shield academic fraud to ensure athletic eligibility by extending that fraud to the entire student body.” You remember the argument: phantom classes were available to anyone, so why take it out on teams whose athletes made up the majority of the enrollees?”

This kind of sums it up well — farcical.

This is a summary I found from the investigation in basketball lead by Secretary of State Rice:

“The committee also urged closing the farcical escape route taken by North Carolina when under NCAA investigation, noting that “member institutions should not be able to shield academic fraud to ensure athletic eligibility by extending that fraud to the entire student body.” You remember the argument: phantom classes were available to anyone, so why take it out on teams whose athletes made up the majority of the enrollees?”

This kind of sums it up well — farcical.

Good find. OFC

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
My experience is this... Been a Duke fan since I was 3 years old, my older brother did a great job of initiation. Had Duke vs Michigan on vhs recorded and watched it over and over. Also had 94 title game but didnt watch as much for obvious reasons lol.

I have one friend who I can speak to anytime about anything regarding Duke or unc. He is a Tar hole but my best friend and my brother. We speak of our own teams and each others realistically as we can without bias.

Other unc fans can go to hell... Like their program. Nobody seems to have ever gone there, save but a few. But act like not only have they lived there their whole lives but built the campus itself.

P.S. Cryalotta sucks. That is all.

What
I would love to see is one just one unc fan come up and yes we really screwed up. The acadmic scandal and the credit for the AFAM course should have never been permited. It should have been a violation and unc should have been punished by loss of scholarships and if it merited it the loss of games and championships. I am ashamed this happened to the program I love and have been a loyal and diehard fan all my life and I will continue to be a loyal fan . I hope all those who were invloved in this would just man up. Now if I skysdad could ever see that or hear that from an unc fan he would get a whole lot of respect from me. Now of course the question would come up if it happened at Duke skysdad would you manup. If it did or ever happens at Duke or anything similare you better believe I would manup and donz $the bring up silly crap like Maggetti and Thomas. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Been back and forth on it. Don't really want to step on some toes but I know I will. Here goes. It's well know about my distaste for unc athletics. I have to admit though for a long time I did respect them. In basketball especially they were always among the tops in the nation. Academically year after year produced many outstanding graduates including many of my personal friends. I also have a ton of family and friends who are unc fans. They have an outstanding hospital in Chapel Hill that has served both my father and I and the children's hospital is outstanding. However my respect for the university and it's athletic program has really took a nose dive. With due respect to all unc alumni who have earned that degree you still have my respect but with the AFAM program I feel there are tainted degrees out there. Please this has nothing to do with it being an African American class. It has to do with a class no one was required to attend. If it were called basket weaving 101 and no one attended or had to take exams then that would be the issue. It has nothing to do with being a tar heel fan or a Duke fan. If this had happened at Duke I would still be a Duke fan but shamed Duke fan and would demand better of the program I support. What really rubs me raw is it was set up with deceit. Yes the loop hole was there and unc got off scott free because of it. A lot of smart yet deceitful people set it up. There were scape goats and pay offs.I hear it happens everywhere. No doubt there are easy course everywhere but the students are at least required to go to class. Some of the most influential people at unc knew this was not right yet they supported it. No one can tell me hof coach roy williams didn't know what was going on. He got a little scared about it and stopped his players from taking the course. Of course he said he didn't know. The current ACC commissioner was the AD there when most of it was going own and would not own up to it. I guess all these fine people thought because it was unc doing it they were entitled. So forgive me if I've offended some people. I'm sorry about that. I've stated before that I will not forget this dirty cheating program. I can't even bring myself to giving current and future athletes that go there any respect. I guess I need therapy. OFC
Biggest cheaters in college basketball history.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT