ADVERTISEMENT

ITunes Fraudulent Charge

Dad2ze

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 8, 2012
This side of the Neuse
Check your banking account. I was charged twice from a fake iTunes business. Not even Apple related but that’s how the charge show up. Hit me for $120. Hope none of you guys get hit.

Reactions: pisgah101
Check your banking account. I was charged twice from a fake iTunes business. Not even Apple related but that’s how the charge show up. Hit me for $120. Hope none of you guys get hit.

Happened to my parents once and my wife once. Not for that much but still

He just left the sheriff dept and his bank and was told he is S.O.L.

I had someone order a 400.00 dehydrator on my card and my bank covered it. This kind of stuff sucks. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to track these people down. Like in my case, couldn't they start with where the thing was shipped to?

As an IT Security expert I implore everyone to use credit cards and cash. I never use a debit card. I would rather them take the credit card company's money than my own. I pay my credit card off after each month and never carry over a balance, I get cash back on all my purchases so it works out very well for me. Food for thought.

Last edited:
As an IT Security expert I emplore everyone to use credit cards and cash. I never use a debit card. I would rather them take the credit card company's money than my own. I pay my credit card off after each month and never carry over a balance, I get cash back on all my purchases so it works out very well for me. Food for thought.

I'm not an IT expert, but I agree, Honkey. I've never gotten a debit card. I use a cc, cash, and pay my bills by check. I also use PayPal online (and t don't have my bank account linked to them either...have PayPal Credit Card) when possible so I don't have to hand out my cc numbers to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. It's always possible to get burned, but some things can help to lower the odds..
In review, I try to keep my bank account off limits to everyone I can.
OFC .

I'm not an IT expert, but I agree, Honkey. I've never gotten a debit card. I use a cc, cash, and pay my bills by check. I also use PayPal online (and t don't have my bank account linked to them either...have PayPal Credit Card) when possible so I don't have to hand out my cc numbers to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. It's always possible to get burned, but some things can help to lower the odds..
In review, I try to keep my bank account off limits to everyone I can.
OFC .

Good man! You are on your Shit, Dirt!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Yea I'd be pissed. He called the bank last night to get them to stop payment and they wouldnt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT