ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time for RJ to shine

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Hoping RJ has 2 great games this weekend. He had an off game defensively versus UCF. He was guarding Dawkins on the last play and just stayed at the FT line instead of blocking out as Dawkins broke to the basket for last tip. Duke will need to play better perimeter defense on Va Tech guards.

Reactions: DukeNation12
I’ll never understand why defensive players just watch the ball go up on last second shots like that. They must not realize that if it’s a miss than the other team has a right to tip it in

Reactions: DukeNation12
I completely agree. But the real question is will he transfer? Will Bolden transfer or finally live up to the hype he had coming out of high school? Will AOC be able to hit his shot or should we forfeit the rest of the tourney and get hype for the incoming class ‘20. Oh and Zion is friggin’ powerful.

There goes Pixel ^ . He would “like” a turd if my name was on it. Hahaha

I will NEVER forget your 2 seed smart asz remark....only to have it blow right up in your face! Hahahaha NEVER! I spit all over myself. Giggle now thinking about it.

You pulling a Patrick Yates? ;) Go look up what "admittance" means while you're away. ;) Come back soon, this place isn't as fun without you. :)
Why the hell would I do that? Y’all morons are finny! Like me waiting on a new episode of Survivor or something, except it’s whos going to say the next dumb crap TODAY hahaha.

Duke has a long history of ball watching. I dont get how well coached, intelligent players generally known for hard work and hustle have this same fault year after year. RJ did the same thing against UNC on the last play and that almost let Little win it for them. I could not imagine s worse ending than Little nesting us on a last second tip. Who works harder than RJ? Who hates losing more than RJ? Nobody! I just dont get it and never will.

Duke has a long history of ball watching. I dont get how well coached, intelligent players generally known for hard work and hustle have this same fault year after year. RJ did the same thing against UNC on the last play and that almost let Little win it for them. I could not imagine s worse ending than Little nesting us on a last second tip. Who works harder than RJ? Who hates losing more than RJ? Nobody! I just dont get it and never will.

It’s almost like a “panic” response. As if he isn’t anticipating the miss, or just mentally can’t react to it, flight or fight and all of that.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I’ll never understand why defensive players just watch the ball go up on last second shots like that. They must not realize that if it’s a miss than the other team has a right to tip it in
That nearly cost us the game. So, so close.

I think with all the minutes RJ has logged this year he's been off his game a little lately.Not that he's not been good,but a bit less than we are used to. This 5 day break will do him a world of good and I expect really great things from him over the next two weeks.

Clearly I said it because I never just ball watched. That’s how you lose. Learned that as a little kid. I’ve seen too many tip ins in my life.
You never ball watched .....yea you’re a liar. I already knew that though sooooo. I don’t even believe you played, so how could you anyway...Sorry. Oh what’s ya pick a roll buddy doing lately? Haha

I’ll answer for you. Picking and rolling his ass in the G league. Think he got cut...idk

It looked to me on that last play that RJ was cheating off of his man, like he was going to help out against the White drive. When Coby pulled up from deep, RJ found himself in no man's land, and so it was easy to ball watch. Had he stayed with his man, he probably boxes out great and we aren't even talking about the play. You see it all the time on less consequential plays.

As a guard I can’t tell you how many times I “Ball watched” lol. I was worried about getting back on defense while the trees fought for the rebound. So for somebody to tell me they never ball watched is complete bs. In that situation it’s like dukiehokie said. We won who cares

Not impressed with the guys in this thread trying to go at Ipsychosis. Feels like an attempt at bullying to me, not a good look.

Not impressed with the guys in this thread trying to go at Ipsychosis. Feels like an attempt at bullying to me, not a good look.
I embrace it and ask for it lol. There’s a group here I call “birds”(morons) and they flock together. I love pulling their feathers! :)

You never ball watched .....yea you’re a liar. I already knew that though sooooo. I don’t even believe you played, so how could you anyway...Sorry. Oh what’s ya pick a roll buddy doing lately? Haha

I’ve never ball watched in a tight game on a last shot as the defender. My coach didn’t play that and I was taught a certain way. That’s how you end up on the bench. This is the second time RJ has done that in 2 weeks. He’s young. He will learn the hard way one day though. U have a lot of female-ish ways. It’s not a good look.

I don’t think RJ was ball-watching against UNC or UCF.

He appeared to be anticipating Coby attacking the basket so he rotated over for help defense. That put him out of position to box out Little which led to the tip. I think that’s more of a dumb gamble.

As soon as the shot was released, Dawkins darted to the basket. RJ’s back was to the basketball so didn’t realize the shot was released until Dawkins had the first step. It would have been impossible for him to somehow maneuver in front of him. Plus, Zion and Javin had rebounding position. Javin was hip and elbow checked by Allen. That allowed Dawkins the tip-in chance. RJ appearing to “stand back and watch” looks bad, but he was completely out of position to make an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT