ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting read on Jordan Tucker..

Yea, it's kinda weird the recruiting that we are doing right now is EXACTLY what everybody here was crying for a few months ago, now it's actually happening and everybody is crying cause we missed on a one and done. Goldwire and Tucker , two Kids who were DYING to play here along with Carter, Trent and O'Connell and Tre . I'll take that with Grayson to lead them. Alllllll day.

Sky is correct that he can still go elsewhere but he waited so long on Knox, it seems it would take a major fubar to have him not come to Duke now. But anything can happen.

Reactions: skysdad
Yea, it's kinda weird the recruiting that we are doing right now is EXACTLY what everybody here was crying for a few months ago, now it's actually happening and everybody is crying cause we missed on a one and done. Goldwire and Tucker , two Kids who were DYING to play here along with Carter, Trent and O'Connell and Tre . I'll take that with Grayson to lead them. Alllllll day.

No crying here!

If we whiff on Duval, I will shed some internet tears.
Is it possible that he's waiting to see how Frank does in the combine? It runs 9th-14th right? Just asking since Frank didn't hire an agent

Is it possible that he's waiting to see how Frank does in the combine? It runs 9th-14th right? Just asking since Frank didn't hire an agent
Imo, no insider but he's not worried about what Frank Jackson does. Duval will be the pg if he chooses Duke. It's the delayment in his announcement that has cause for questioning. Even though many are saying Duke. A lot have gone silent on Duval

Reactions: germantondevil
Imo, no insider but he's not worried about what Frank Jackson does. Duval will be the pg if he chooses Duke. It's the delayment in his announcement that has cause for questioning. Even though many are saying Duke. A lot have gone silent on Duval
Maybe but his playing time will be more without Frank. I don't care how talented Duval is, Frank is competition.

Maybe but his playing time will be more without Frank. I don't care how talented Duval is, Frank is competition.
Duval would start and I don't say that about a player often. Frank I would even come close to saying knows this that's another reason why he choose to test and stay in the draft. Ask yourself this. If Frank thought he would be the clear cut starter and pg not having to play off the ball next season to show how good he could run a team would he even test the waters? I do think Frank and his family has a concern about him playing combo and not at the point which is what he will play in the league.

Reactions: timo0402
Duval would start and I don't say that about a player often. Frank I would even come close to saying knows this that's another reason why he choose to test and stay in the draft. Ask yourself this. If Frank thought he would be the clear cut starter and pg not having to play off the ball next season to show how good he could run a team would he even test the waters? I do think Frank and his family has a concern about him playing combo and not at the point which is what he will play in the league.
Shey I agree with everything you're saying about Frank. I'm bringing up this delay on Duval announcing because it's a crowded backcourt if Frank comes back to Duke, and no Frank means more minutes for Duval. That's all. So many of these star recruits want to shine and without Frank, Duval gets exactly that

Shey I agree with everything you're saying about Frank. I'm bringing up this delay on Duval announcing because it's a crowded backcourt if Frank comes back to Duke, and no Frank means more minutes for Duval. That's all. So many of these star recruits want to shine and without Frank, Duval gets exactly that
If Duval is holding off for Jackson then he's not as good as he thinks he is because he won't shine in the league against better pg's. Shoot Bledsoe didn't scare Wall off.
I think there is more to Duval then just waiting on Jackson but that's just my opinion.
I ask myself, if this kid is surely coming to Duke why not just commit already? I mean almost everyone thinks he's coming so his commitment to Duke wouldn't be a surprise more just a calming lol.

Maybe Arizona is playing a bigger factor into his decision than people think?

I can't imagine he's deciding between Duke and Seton Hall or Baylor

With Duval I wonder if it has anything to do with grades and finishing up this semester? Maybe he wants to make sure he's going qualify/be accepted to the school he commits to.

Would think that he would know about grades. Now, a SAT/ACT score is something that worries me more about athletes in general that commit late. Don't know if Duval has already taken the test and knows he qualifies because if he's good for Duke/Baylor then he's good anywhere.

Reactions: bsteinhauser21
EVERYONE has excellent opinions above on the Duvon delay/Frank coming back scenario, etc....I will agree I think Mac pointed out the dates of the combine and Duval's delay could be a sticking point.

Maybe Duval just feels THAT MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE w/Frank NOT in the picture next year. I mean think about it- Frank is a RETURNING PLAYER used to about 30 plus mins a game, and he would like to play point IMO for development of his game at next level.Does Duval like the idea of Frank returning???

Also, it would be potentially "fatal" to next year's team not to have either of the 2 aforementioned pieces on our roster....Grayson would probably have to start at the point and you could well see Goldwire getting a few back up mins, or at least some auditioning in early season blowouts.

OFC

EVERYONE has excellent opinions above on the Duvon delay/Frank coming back scenario, etc....I will agree I think Mac pointed out the dates of the combine and Duval's delay could be a sticking point.

Maybe Duval just feels THAT MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE w/Frank NOT in the picture next year. I mean think about it- Frank is a RETURNING PLAYER used to about 30 plus mins a game, and he would like to play point IMO for development of his game at next level.Does Duval like the idea of Frank returning???

Also, it would be potentially "fatal" to next year's team not to have either of the 2 aforementioned pieces on our roster....Grayson would probably have to start at the point and you could well see Goldwire getting a few back up mins, or at least some auditioning in early season blowouts.

OFC
Personally I think it's reversed. Duval knows he has the keys from day 1. He's not worried about minutes or Frank being there.

Personally I think it's reversed. Duval knows he has the keys from day 1. He's not worried about minutes or Frank being there.

Could very well be the case, but Frank returning DOES give us more of a crowded backline counting Trent....Perhaps hes more comfortable starting w/Gary Jr at the 2 or 3 than starting alongside Frank and Grayson. I understand Gary has really worked on recruiting Trey since Mickey D's game...

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Could very well be the case, but Frank returning DOES give us more of a crowded backline counting Trent....Perhaps hes more comfortable starting w/Gary Jr at the 2 or 3 than starting alongside Frank and Grayson. I understand Gary has really worked on recruiting Trey since Mickey D's game...

OFC
The funny or not so funny depending on how you approach it is, if four guards is too crowded then we are in trouble. Bc three of the four are guaranteed to start. So if (and when I believe) Frank doesn't return, then we are super thin at the guard position.

The funny or not so funny depending on how you approach it is, if four guards is too crowded then we are in trouble. Bc three of the four are guaranteed to start. So if (and when I believe) Frank doesn't return, then we are super thin at the guard position.

Yeah T I am in accord with what youvare saying....I guess I am just trying to get an angle on Duval's thinking and the delay at this point.....Put it this way, if he announces he's announcing 5/17 (3 days after combine) it will be a telltale sign IMO hes awaiting Frank's thought process....

OFC

Yeah T I am in accord with what youvare saying....I guess I am just trying to get an angle on Duval's thinking and the delay at this point.....Put it this way, if he announces he's announcing 5/17 (3 days after combine) it will be a telltale sign IMO hes awaiting Frank's thought process....

OFC
I hear ya

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke has waited for players well into May before. If it's meant to be or we just have let it all play out.

To me, I learned a lot from the Knox recruitment and I'm not counting out Arizona or Kansas. Remember he said the kansas visit was an 11.

OFC
Everyone seems to say Duval has keys. Maybe so. We know what Allen should bring to table, and if Trent is as good as advertised, to me there's room for one more star. Pick the one. I would rather have Jackson, but not gonna complain if it's Duval. I think Duval is waiting to see how Jackson does so he doesn't have to share. Just my opinion

Gosh I know everyone is wanting Trevon, and I know the kid is the real deal. In addition I know Frank's handles need work, but I think thru a summer of work under FOUR EX PGS on staff, he could effectively make the transition to point.Bottom line I would take Frank and run....JMO

OFC

Trevon= true pg with size

Jackson= combo with strength

It's a two way scenario. If Duval is waiting on Frank then the same could be said about Frank going to the NBA because Duval is coming.
To me Frank Jackson already knows what he needs to work on and feels he could do that in the league while getting paid.

Trevon= true pg with size

Jackson= combo with strength

It's a two way scenario. If Duval is waiting on Frank then the same could be said about Frank going to the NBA because Duval is coming.
To me Frank Jackson already knows what he needs to work on and feels he could do that in the league while getting paid.

If he in fact is assured by someone thats on an NBA ROSTER, I believe, and not just the D-League....

OFC

Confused by how we lineup with other teams now. Knox would've been a shoe-in for the 3 spot but now it looks like we will have to go 3 guards. I am not the biggest fan of having Grayson or Trent at the 3, will lead to matchup issues with bigger lineups and not sure if we could keep up with Kentucky at all.

If he in fact is assured by someone thats on an NBA ROSTER, I believe, and not just the D-League....

OFC
Why not the d-league? He still gets paid why working on his game and there is a difference. If you sign with a d-league team or if your drafted by an NBA team and sent to the d-league so your just not sitting on the bench.
I watched an interview with Marshall Plumlee where he went to the dleague via the Knicks and goes to both practices but because all the bigs the Knicks had he got in game experience in the d-league.

Why not the d-league? He still gets paid why working on his game and there is a difference. If you sign with a d-league team or if your drafted by an NBA team and sent to the d-league so your just not sitting on the bench.
I watched an interview with Marshall Plumlee where he went to the dleague via the Knicks and goes to both practices but because all the bigs the Knicks had he got in game experience in the d-league.

I dont see Frank and/or his DAD being satisfied w/D League. I see him back in Durham over such a move....JMO

OFC

I dont see Frank and/or his DAD being satisfied w/D League. I see him back in Durham over such a move....JMO

OFC
If he's drafted him or his dad really don't have a choice if it becomes the teams decission. Tyus was drafted first round and spent a lot of his first season in the dleague.

If he's drafted him or his dad really don't have a choice if it becomes the teams decission. Tyus was drafted first round and spent a lot of his first season in the dleague.

Perhaps, but a 30th pick promise by the Jazz I think INSURES his departure.....If he doesnt get 1st rd assurance maybe back next yr! OFC

Perhaps, but a 30th pick promise by the Jazz I think INSURES his departure.....If he doesnt get 1st rd assurance maybe back next yr! OFC
The jazz have five pg's on their roster three in the bench and two that were in the dleague because of the space on the bench. Four are under contract and unless they move Hill( only pg they have with value imo) a first round promise to Jackson from them seems hard. Alec Burke and O. Hanlian are already the same type of player as Jackson. Given that Hayward is being rumored to possibly be leaving sg/sf is more their need.
To be honest I'd take Jackson in Charlotte but he's not going that high and well our front office sucks when it comes to the draft lol

L7e3
The jazz have five pg's on their roster three in the bench and two that were in the dleague because of the space on the bench. Four are under contract and unless they move Hill( only pg they have with value imo) a first round promise to Jackson from them seems hard. Alec Burke and O. Hanlian are already the same type of player as Jackson. Given that Hayward is being rumored to possibly be leaving sg/sf is more their need.
To be honest I'd take Jackson in Charlotte but he's not going that high and well our front office sucks when it comes to the draft lol

And Jordan doesnt like DRAFTING DUKE guys....OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT