ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting read on Jordan Tucker..

Interesting. Even more interesting would be Knox picking the Holes, then Tucker flipping to Duke in response. That matchup would be heated.

So the days of competing for time is gone. If 5 stars don't want to compete in college for floor time, how will they ever make it NBA?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'd just be shopping for the best complementary pieces to make me look best. That would mean Duval if I was a scoring forward.

Top players coming out of HS these days are only looking for a place to showcase their talent for a season or MAYBE two so they can get to the NBA. Nearly all of them want maximum playing time, marquee positioning on the team, national coverage and complementary players in that order of priority. As much as I hate what it has done to college basketball it is what it is, and I don't blame the players one bit.

Just my $ .02

If he's willing to wait his turn I'm all for offering him but if he expects to get big minutes next year he better not hold his breath.

If he's willing to wait his turn I'm all for offering him but if he expects to get big minutes next year he better not hold his breath.

And who would get these minutes?

If he is good enough to go after now I would say he will get good minutes

And who would get these minutes?

If he is good enough to go after now I would say he will get good minutes
Javin, VR, Trent, Jack White. Coach isn't going more than 2 or 3 deep off the bench those guys would be getting his minutes.

Hey Frank Jackson look at all those minutes that just opened up. Tucker has me intrigued... :) But man we could use some experience.

Last edited:
Top players coming out of HS these days are only looking for a place to showcase their talent for a season or MAYBE two so they can get to the NBA. Nearly all of them want maximum playing time, marquee positioning on the team, national coverage and complementary players in that order of priority. As much as I hate what it has done to college basketball it is what it is, and I don't blame the players one bit.

Just my $ .02

I agree. Don't hate the player hate the game.

prolly too late

Not too late. If Duke offered, unless he's pulling a Knox, he'd snatch it up. Haven't seen a kid recruit Duke this hard since Jamal Boykin.

But hold your expectations of him at a certain level. He has some work to do, but he could be a very good college player in a couple of years. 6'7 with a stroke and a rampant desire to play at your school is hard to shake a stick at.

knox for 1, tucker for 3-4. call me crazy but I would rather have a player that wants to be here. from what i have read he's been dying for an offer

Look I'll admit it I'm bummed we didn't get Knox... he went elsewhere and good for him... but exactly what you said, if he does committ here he wants to be here and those are the players that will do what it takes

Reactions: pisgah101
Look I'll admit it I'm bummed we didn't get Knox... he went elsewhere and good for him... but exactly what you said, if he does committ here he wants to be here and those are the players that will do what it takes
I think this is a good thing. In my opinion a mixture is best formula. 2-3 one and dones blending in each year with returning guys. It's not like Duke's other guys are bad. If so why did the staff recruit them. Can't win without chemistry and I think this Duke team coming up will be very good

Reactions: Stevo-910
Nowhere near the defender Daniel was, but I guarantee this kid will work his ass off to prove he belongs. Sometimes that's as good as having a top flight talent.

Daniel Ewing is totally undervalued by Duke fans. He was so good! Trucker just kind of moves like him.

Reactions: dbav and dukehokie
Daniel Ewing is totally undervalued by Duke fans. He was so good! Trucker just kind of moves like him.

He was so good and just happened to have to share the court with Jason Williams, Chris Duhon and JJ Redick. I'm not sure anyone was more unintentionally overshadowed in their basketball lives. Hell, he had to share the court in high school with TJ Ford.

Reactions: dbav and Jnood
Crystal ball has IU still leading for Tucker but From what I've read they weren't on his final list. Can't trust the crystal ball, it seems. Among other reasons.

Crystal ball has IU still leading for Tucker but From what I've read they weren't on his final list. Can't trust the crystal ball, it seems. Among other reasons.

That IU crystal isn't updated. I'm not sure they've been in the picture for a while.

It's more useful to take the most recent predictions from the crystal ball. All seven guesses made in the month of May have Jordan Tucker going to Duke. I would anticipate a commitment this week following his official visit. Kid has been holding out a while for a scholarship offer from K.. Last summer he said he was going to commit shortly, he was just waiting for an offer from Duke before make a final decision.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT