ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting read on Jordan Tucker..

If this kid is as hungry as he sounds and determined. I wouldn't mind adding him.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's more useful to take the most recent predictions from the crystal ball. All seven guesses made in the month of May have Jordan Tucker going to Duke. I would anticipate a commitment this week following his official visit. Kid has been holding out a while for a scholarship offer from K.. Last summer he said he was going to commit shortly, he was just waiting for an offer from Duke before make a final decision.

If he produced in the eybl games the staff went to, he would've gotten an offer. His lackthereof is the reason it never came.

Message to the board, don't get sucked into highlights. Jordan has a ways to go, but is 100% one of those kids you see get recruited under the radar and then ends up as a B1G player of the year down the road. He has that size and potential.

Reactions: pisgah101
If he produced in the eybl games the staff went to, he would've gotten an offer. His lackthereof is the reason it never came.

Message to the board, don't get sucked into highlights. Jordan has a ways to go, but is 100% one of those kids you see get recruited under the radar and then ends up as a B1G player of the year down the road. He has that size and potential.
Looking at his highlights, he's got skill and size but isn't as explosive or quick as the top group. He'll have to figure out defense to get on the floor. Hopefully he has smarts and works hard to integrate into the team's mission... if he's a Devil.

Looking at his highlights, he's got skill and size but isn't as explosive or quick as the top group. He'll have to figure out defense to get on the floor. Hopefully he has smarts and works hard to integrate into the team's mission... if he's a Devil.

Bingo. His motor and athleticism weren't equal to his peers in the upper echelon. And he makes a lot of plays that will require more athleticism at the college level. That's why I think his career arc is one where it's going to take a couple of years. Once he gets adjusted on making plays against better players and athletes, he'll be on track.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Bingo. His motor and athleticism weren't equal to his peers in the upper echelon. And he makes a lot of plays that will require more athleticism at the college level. That's why I think his career arc is one where it's going to take a couple of years. Once he gets adjusted on making plays against better players and athletes, he'll be on track.
This.

Don't expect him to be on the floor next year but by his Jr/Sr year I think he'll have a big time role. Hopefully he's just willing to wait his turn.

Here we go ....slowly getting there ..all tucker has to do is sign and the outbreak will begin! ..poor kids lol.no wonder y opposing fans give us hell ..

Duval please don't pick another school I couldn't bare the comments and change of tones..and frank please come back or ur an idiot...lmao some of you guys are getting way to attached

Last edited:
Let's get real all these 3 4 star guys will just end up transferring when we snag a 5 star better then them in coming years...;)

To me Tucker fills the need but not the role immediately. He has very good shooting technique and a shooters mentality, but he needs to develop. With the ball in his hands he's not as polished to dribble drive to the hoop, create his own shot or dish it. Also needs to get stronger and work on his lateral quickness & explosion. All areas that can definitely be made better if he comes to Duke.

It's just a matter of how long it will take him. So my questions are:
a) will K give him minutes as a Fr bc of his shooting ability?
b) if Frank is gone, who will K go with Alex or Tucker?
c) does Tucker add what Jack do not?

Yeah this class kinda did go from, could be good. To it's getting strange.

Reactions: xxbigsig05xx

I STILL have a good feeling about it, despite the events of this weekend. I am a fan of Goldwire, thinking he has good handles and could possibly even contribute this year as a pass first PG. Tucker is vastly underrated: Boeheim and Josh Pastner are not dummies, and have recruited the kid hard...

We are getting a blend of OAD's with this class and multi year players in Goldwire and (if he commits), Tucker. Never underestimate CHEMISTRY. If Duval commits or Frank returns I will be VERY OPTIMISTIC about next year...
#D4L

OFC

No I meant weird in terms of recruits and the season as a whole.

We add Carter and Trent Jr possible OAD
Then, Goldwire ( which I'm always a fan of the under dog) Possibly Tucker
Then O'Connell, which if Goldwire sees the court don't think it will be before O'Connell.
Bolden returns yet Jackson possibly staying in the draft.
We got Big V, Javin and White still developing
Luckily Grayson returned for leadership because no player coming in our returning has his experience and leadership that we will need.
Then who truly knows about Duval. There could be reasons for prolonging his choice or he could just want to be the last to commit.
Next season will be very interesting

Again, for me, next season has a different flavor or mentality.

Are there talented players. Check.
Is there Sr leadership. Check
Are there one and done Fr. Check

What's not known
Could the "4 year type players" surprise.
Duval commitment
Tucker commitment

I feel this group with Duval & Tucker has both the talented player who are just that good, plus those players that will work to improve, plus players that have been in the program and understand how things get done.

No I meant weird in terms of recruits and the season as a whole.

We add Carter and Trent Jr possible OAD
Then, Goldwire ( which I'm always a fan of the under dog) Possibly Tucker
Then O'Connell, which if Goldwire sees the court don't think it will be before O'Connell.
Bolden returns yet Jackson possibly staying in the draft.
We got Big V, Javin and White still developing
Luckily Grayson returned for leadership because no player coming in our returning has his experience and leadership that we will need.
Then who truly knows about Duval. There could be reasons for prolonging his choice or he could just want to be the last to commit.
Next season will be very interesting

Shey my bad my friend I misread you....You sir are right on point in terms of "weird," even going back to beginning of year and then the SCRAMBLING in recruiting (even Mark Smith was involved at one point). Its been one for the books. Per Duval he said 4/27 he would announce "soon." Its 5/8 and I know others are still in his ear.....

OFC

If Duke lands Tucker, he will be the third player in the class that is a four-year player, to go with O'Connell and Goldwire. I think it shows a clear emphasis by the staff to add a little more balance to the classes. Carter won't see a second year, same for Duval should be arrive. Trent might not either, and even if he does there will likely be no third year. There will be big turnover when you recruit at the level Duke does, so this guarantees eventual upperclassmen.

I mean we still have Wendell Carter and Trent Jr is going to be really good, I'd like to even see him stay 2 years because he'd be even better. Carter is one of 2-3 guys in this class who are true difference makers. The other still hasn't announced his choice yet, but I feel confident Duke lands him too. So regardless it's a good clas, just not "legendary" like last year. Haha.

McClure was a good athlete until injuries. Tucker will make a living on his shooting abilities. On another note, Tucker has a very good understanding of the game. He uses his skills well. He is not like McClure as David was a very good rebounder. Tucker will need to improve on his rebounding and defending, but again, he he shows signs of committing to those areas, he can really shoot. Nothing like having a true 3 at 6-7 205. Both Alex and Trent are 6-5/6-6 and also shooter/scorers. Obviously Alex needs some serious weight room attention and gaining weight (175?) whereas Trent is in the 210 range.

I mean we still have Wendell Carter and Trent Jr is going to be really good, I'd like to even see him stay 2 years because he'd be even better. Carter is one of 2-3 guys in this class who are true difference makers. The other still hasn't announced his choice yet, but I feel confident Duke lands him too. So regardless it's a good clas, just not "legendary" like last year. Haha.
Didn't really look at last year as legendary and might be the only poster who didn't. Good with great HS players but college is at a different level. I've only looked at every HS class as having a couple kids that could contribute in the league.
I like adding multi year players "if" those players know to bust their tail to improve and wait for your time. Will they do that and stay who knows.
When the roster settles it will be interesting

Good to see some optimism. If and when we get Duval, we will be very strong next year, but even without, we will be very competitive with the players we will have. I also have a very strong feeling about Alex O'Connell, a definite sleeper in this class. If he can stand the physicality of the game at this level, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised. He is a very smart player with a great handle, and will not back off from the competition.
Now Duval, SUUUUUUUUUP!
Go Duke!
OFC

Didn't really look at last year as legendary and might be the only poster who didn't. Good with great HS players but college is at a different level. I've only looked at every HS class as having a couple kids that could contribute in the league.
I like adding multi year players "if" those players know to bust their tail to improve and wait for your time. Will they do that and stay who knows.
When the roster settles it will be interesting

Yep. The key is guys willing to stick it out. Getting guys to buy into "hang around and we'll get you there" is tough at Duke because you're constantly watching your peers grow, succeed and leave.

Case in point for the good guys is AV. He loves being at Duke, but being recruited over was getting to him. He was thinking about leaving, but then you have this season where he gets a chance at PT when guys go down and he makes the most of it. Now, I'd be surprised to see him leave where as this time last year I thought he'd be gone by December.

I dont know about you guys, but the fact this kid was humble enough to wait while we picked over him shows me his loyalty. I am happy we got Tuck, honestly he is just as skilled as Knox no where close as the same athlete though.

I dont know about you guys, but the fact this kid was humble enough to wait while we picked over him shows me his loyalty. I am happy we got Tuck, honestly he is just as skilled as Knox no where close as the same athlete though.

His attitude will be one of those things that carries him to a nice career. I mentioned it before but this reminds me so much of Jamal Boykin who probably would have graduated from Duke if he didn't get sick the way he did. And Boykin would have been the first Amile Jefferson/Lance Thomas type of guy on the squad.

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT