ADVERTISEMENT

Incident in KU basketball dorm

Last edited:
One thing is important here. We aren't the judge or jury. We know how it feels when a program is ruined when the facts aren't all in. But let me say this if it happened they should be given the max. punishment. This stuff has to stop. OFC

Last edited:
One thing is important here. We aren't the judge or jury. We know how it feels when a program is ruined when the facts aren't all in. But let me say this if it happened they should be given the max. punishment. This stuff has to stopped. OFC

This. We should have learned by now it's innocent until proven guilty. I'm not prepared to label anyone based on that story.

false rape claims happen more often than I will ever understand. To reiterate others thoughts, innocent until proven guilty.

Reactions: sheyduke
Don't know, but it can't end very well for anyone involved. Even if she consented , the girl is still underage. That's provided the media is correct, and the girl's age is 16. Can't trust anyone to get facts right anymore, or to do actual investigative reporting.

OFC
In South Carolina 16 is fair game for 20 year olds and younger. Same for Kansas?

can't believe this isn't on CNN and the top article on ESPN! if this was Duke, it would be an entire 60 minutes by now about a bunch of privileged elites getting away with rape.

C'mon a bunch of bball players are "witnesses"? wtf is that mean they just watched and didn't participate. It happened in a dorm for BASKETBALL PLAYERS. I am sure they participated in some way or the other. It's the second sexual assault accusation for Kansas after Bragg who for some reason is suspended by kansas .

This is sickening! The entire bball program should get the death penalty and self should shut down the program for the year. No innocence until proven guilty for Duke as we had to shut down our entire lax season over a lie so it should be the same one for Kansas.

can't believe this isn't on CNN and the top article on ESPN! if this was Duke, it would be an entire 60 minutes by now about a bunch of privileged elites getting away with rape.

C'mon a bunch of bball players are "witnesses"? wtf is that mean they just watched and didn't participate. It happened in a dorm for BASKETBALL PLAYERS. I am sure they participated in some way or the other. It's the second sexual assault accusation for Kansas after Bragg who for some reason is suspended by kansas .

This is sickening! The entire bball program should get the death penalty and self should shut down the program for the year. No innocence until proven guilty for Duke as we had to shut down our entire lax season over a lie so it should be the same one for Kansas.

So because the lives of those Duke students were ruined, we should root and hope for students at another school to go through the same thing? What happened at Duke to those kids was disgusting and shameful and i hope your post is sarcasm. It's BECAUSE of what happened at Duke and other places like William Paterson University of NJ (google it) that we should all hope to LEARN a lesson by not persecuting people, especially young students, without all the facts.

In South Carolina 16 is fair game for 20 year olds and younger. Same for Kansas?

I stand corrected. Denver, I don't know about Kansas. But if it's similar to SC, it'll depend on if some of these players are upperclassmen (assuming they'll be 21 or 22 in their junior & senior seasons).
I hope no actual rape took place, but whether it did or didn't there was certainly some poor decision making.
OFC

One thing is important here. We aren't the judge or jury. We know how it feels when a program is ruined when the facts aren't all in. But let me say this if it happened they should be given the max. punishment. This stuff has to stopped. OFC

Good post, Sky.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad

I will say this. You are correct about what it would be like if it were Duke even if all the facts had not been given. U are right. There is barely a peep with this story. I haven't seen one thing about it on ESPN. It's not even in the top headlines on ESPN front page. I am as to curious why there isn't much noise being made with this. I find it strange also that this occurred over a month ago and we are just now hearing about it.

I will say this. You are correct about what it would be like if it were Duke even if all the facts had not been given. U are right. There is barely a peep with this story. I haven't seen one thing about it on ESPN. It's not even in the top headlines on ESPN front page. I am as to curious why there isn't much noise being made with this. I find it strange also that this occurred over a month ago and we are just now hearing about it.
Well I'd like to think that it's not top story news or headlining espn bc they are not rushing to judgement and are gathering facts before reporting anything. That's what I'd like to think. And if that is the case then kudos. I'd also caution you're statement of why are we just hearing about this now for the same thing- I'd like to think it is because things are correctly being investigated. I will certainly not be commenting on a situation I know zero facts about and i would advise this board to do the same as many of you have pointed out, we know how that feels as fans of a group that was Falsley and wrongly rushed to judgement.

Totally agree about not rushing to judgement timo, but the silence is almost deafening. It can be and should be reported on without any form of judgement.

Well I'd like to think that it's not top story news or headlining espn bc they are not rushing to judgement and are gathering facts before reporting anything. That's what I'd like to think. And if that is the case then kudos. I'd also caution you're statement of why are we just hearing about this now for the same thing- I'd like to think it is because things are correctly being investigated. I will certainly not be commenting on a situation I know zero facts about and i would advise this board to do the same as many of you have pointed out, we know how that feels as fans of a group that was Falsley and wrongly rushed to judgement.
Correct Timo, but the point I was trying to make is that if it were Duke everyone's minds would already be made up even though no one had all the facts.

Probably. Evause if the female is 16 there are stipulations about what can be talked about and seeing as how it's being reported as a crime and not a trip networks have to tread lightly.
I'm glad I stay in NC, if the other ain't 17 then all kind of laws apply how ever I've seen it more then once about fake accusations to cover up a mistake so I'll hold judgement

This is a horrible thing if true and horrible if not but small in comparison to what has happened at Baylor U in the last 4 years. 52 rapes by the football players is hard to fathom.

Duke Lax 30 for 30 showed how incompetent the media is. I am surprised at the lack of attention this Kansas story has received. Few years back FSU basically received the same level of attention as Duke Lax fiasco. Guess Kansas doesn't drive the needle. Baylor's awful transgressions didn't receive enough attention as well.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
This doesn't have anything to do with the related with the incident in the in the dorm rooms, but several KU players are in some trouble.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...ly-committed-domestic-violence-020433947.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansas...of-kansas/article129569119.html?client=safari

I don't know what happened in the alleged Vick domestic violence incident (Yahoo article), but the bar sure is low in pronouncing him guilty of it.
Here's a paragraph from the article:

"Vick was not charged with a crime, and it is unclear if a police report was ever filed, but under Title IX, university investigations only require a “preponderance of the evidence” to determine whether or not a violation of the school’s policy occurred. The investigation, therefore, found that the domestic violence is “more likely than not” to have occurred."

As I said, don't know if he did it or not, but good grief I guess if they think it's 51% to 49% likely you did it, you're done. Hell, just flip a coin, it's almost as reliable.

OFC

Put mike nifong on it. He'll get to the bottom of it. Wait a minute. It's not Duke involved. OFC

ESPN originally intended to run with this as the lead story of the day, until they found out Grayson tore the label off his mattress.

Beat me to it. Grayson's missteps are just the kind of crap the media focuses on during slow news cycles...those times when , say , physical assault ,domestic abuse and rape AREN'T being committed by collegiate athletes. Instead , the "worldwide leader" ( among others ) chooses to treat Grayson's story as headline news while downplaying/ignoring the more egregious CRIMINAL activity.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Beat me to it. Grayson's missteps are just the kind of crap the media focuses on during slow news cycles...those times when , say , physical assault ,domestic abuse and rape AREN'T being committed by collegiate athletes. Instead , the "worldwide leader" ( among others ) chooses to treat Grayson's story as headline news while downplaying/ignoring the more egregious CRIMINAL activity.
I agree but all of Grayson's incidents happened on nationally televised high definition TV... the KU thing is an ongoing investigation from what I understand so it's not exactly comparing apples to apples. If a KU player is charged I expect it to make the rounds on ESPN.

Doing a thorough investigation with no one being able to comment on it should take until April I would guess. Wonder if they will succeed in "Nothing to see here" defense like Chapel Hill?

KU message boards say a newspaper KC Star is attacking them unjustly. Incidents occur a few months before any of it is "leaked" to press. Players are all innocent, haters out to get them. No one knows the real story they say. Really sounds like The Kansas Way out there.

Starting to sound like Jackson may have fit in better at Maryland. (Too soon?)

Reactions: dbav
No suspect(s) named in a two month old case with multiple witnesses?! Sounds like a delay until "someone" can "settle" with the victim so that charges can be conveniently dropped and it can be kept out of University conduct code arena.

No suspect(s) named in a two month old case with multiple witnesses?! Sounds like a delay until "someone" can "settle" with the victim so that charges can be conveniently dropped and it can be kept out of University conduct code arena.

#carolinaway

Reactions: dbav
Most if not all states is 16. Though an overzealous prosecutor can usually use other statutes to go after someone.
The problem is at 16 and up the victim is the only one who can prosecute where as at six months until or 15 the parents can push the charges.
That's why there is so many elements that fall under the " rape" charge. Believe it or not it's because most states recognize the age of 16 as adult stage a lot of crimes go unpunished

Last edited:
ESPN's at it again...

Michigan State's Nick Ward gets tech for tripping opponent

Tripping has become a topic this season because of Duke's Grayson Allen.

Allen, a preseason All-America, has been called for tripping an opponent three times while playing for the Blue Devils. He was suspended for one game and stripped of his team captaincy this season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-ward-gets-technical-foul-apparent-trip-rival

Grayson invented "tripping?" Even if he did , what Grayson did/does has nothing to do with other players at other schools who trip someone. Here's the deal. It's become a "topic" because John Skipper-led ESPN makes it one...anything to avoid covering the worst scandal in NCAA history at his alma mater. Disgusting.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT