ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not sure I want to be ranked #1 when the polls come out tomorrow.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I know I shouldn't feel that way what does it really say. We've beaten some really good teams this and lost to a very good team but at this time of the season does it really matter whether we are 1,2 or even 3? I do think we will be #1 but I would vote in UVA and let them deal with it going into the regular ACC season. #2 will be fine. In fact I could deal with that until we get that #1 rank after we win the natty. I'm not naïve enough to know how important a #1 seed is though and being ranked in the top 2 or 3 just about guarantees that #1 seed. OFC

#1 rankings add to the Duke legacy so I will take it. When K does hang it up and all of the accolades and the numbers start rolling in it is going to be staggering. The more the merrier. More for the haters to chew on, along with...Deez Nutz....:D

#1 rankings add to the Duke legacy so I will take it. When K does hang it up and all of the accolades and the numbers start rolling in it is going to be staggering. The more the merrier. More for the haters to chew on, along with...Deez Nutz....:D

Agreed!! I don't put much stock in that kiss of death stuff....I want to be the hunted!! Come get some!!

Media outlets want Duke as number 1, both for historic/publicity purposes, as well as the member(s) of our current roster.
We can be number 1, at some point. I know that our resume is as good as good as anyone else's, because of our SOS.
But really, UVA and UM have looked as good or better in the last few weeks. If either one, or both, were ranked ahead of Duke I would have a tough time really disagreeing with it.

To be sure, there is a good argument that Duke should be number 1. I get that. But UVA and UM, playing well and undefeated, have solid arguments that they deserve to be ranked ahead of Duke.
We'll settle this in March.

This all the way.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
It's good to be the king...come get sum.

OFC

W7eFfXw.jpg

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I would have a lot of questions if Duke is not ranked #1 today. Not any that would be that meaningful but still questions. Logically speaking #2 Duke goes 2-0 this week with a win over #12 TT. Who is leap-frogging them?

Duke has neutral court wins at the time over #2 Kentucky, #8 Auburn, and #12 Texas Tech. They also demolished Indiana at Cameron Indoor. Are Michigan’s and Virginia’s wins up to this point on par with Duke’s? I know Michigan and Virginia are undefeated up to this point, but strength of schedule should also factor into the top 25 rankings.

Reactions: skysdad
You all have convinced me. I admit that if we aren't # I will be disappointed.
OFC

Duke has neutral court wins at the time over #2 Kentucky, #8 Auburn, and #12 Texas Tech. They also demolished Indiana at Cameron Indoor. Are Michigan’s and Virginia’s wins up to this point on par with Duke’s? I know Michigan and Virginia are undefeated up to this point, but strength of schedule should also factor into the top 25 rankings.

Neither has played a schedule even close to ours in my opinion

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT