ADVERTISEMENT

Hicks...Out

RyanJamesIII

Cameron Crazy
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2008
Looks like he strained his hamstring at practice yesterday. Wish he was playing so we'd have them at full strength.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I know Sky and OADD know this before all UNC fans point to excuses. The great Dean Smith always said a team plays its BEST GAME without a STARTER in its FIRST GAME W/O him. This makes the team MORE DANGEROUS because the others BAND TOGETHER to make up for the loss of the starter.

I dont want to hear any excuses in case they lose..,

OFC

Let's wait and see if he is dressed. Somehow Grayson will get blamed for this. OFC

Last edited:
No excuses indeed. But with this latest development, I'm more convinced of my prediction. Duke wins, as much as I loathe to admit it.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just curious how many ppg does hicks average? I'm too lazy to look.

I said as much. I think if we had made some of those free throws we could have pulled it out.

"Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd have heckuva party." Much ado about Kenny Williams rediscovered shooting touch against Notre Dame and his contibution in that win Sunday. He took only one shot in his usual starter's role Thursday (20 min PT), while Pinson took nine attempts in 19 MP's off bench....Wonder if thats the shot rotation Roy is looking for?

OFC

"Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd have heckuva party." Much ado about Kenny Williams rediscovered shooting touch against Notre Dame and his contibution in that win Sunday. He took only one shot in his usual starter's role Thursday (20 min PT), while Pinson took nine attempts in 19 MP's off bench....Wonder if thats the shot rotation Roy is looking for?

OFC

Did you not read the last part of my post? I know it's all hypothetical. But we still were in a position to win. That's all I'm saying.

I believe Theo needs to be the starter. He may be a bit erratic sometimes, but he brings and energy and intensity that Kenny Williams doesn't.

My personal opinion: he would have helped, but the way you guys were shooting from 3 and our misses at the free throw line, you still would have squeaked it out.
We would have won. Maye playing and not hicks was most notable in rebounding in which we got outrebounded. Plus, Hicks had been very solid from the line this year and another good FT shooter would have been great. Especially, since Maye could not cover their 4 no matter who it was at times.

We would have won. Maye playing and not hicks was most notable in rebounding in which we got outrebounded. Plus, Hicks had been very solid from the line this year and another good FT shooter would have been great. Especially, since Maye could not cover their 4 no matter who it was at times.
Yea we hear ya. Had it
not been for all the injuries and missed time from our guys, we would be undefeated right now. See how that works?

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT