ADVERTISEMENT

Got to get this off my mind today.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
1st of all I do not dislike any Duke posters here. Some of you I don't agree with on things and vive versa of course but we have different ways of looking at things. One thing I've found out is there is a large age difference in our youngest and oldest poster so we also because of age differences look at things differently. Nothing wrong with that. I really didn't know it was that much of a gap. I only know about how old the OFC's are. I'm sort of rambling here but what I want to say is that at one time when I felt like my toes were being stepped out I would just use the ignore button but I got to thinking that I could be just as much as a pain in ass as the few I would ignore. No one is on my ignore button anymore. I now just don't respond if I feel what is being posted bothers me. Another reason I might miss a great post that I need to see. I don't care for anything political. As far as religion goes I support when someone ask for prayers as well wishes but discussing religious views is for other forums. To so it up we all have common ground to stand on. We are Duke fans. OFC

Last edited:
1st of all I do not dislike any Duke posters here. Some of you I don't agree with on things and vive versa of course but we have different ways of looking at things. One thing I've found out is there is a large age difference in our youngest and oldest poster so we also because of age differences look at things differently. Nothing wrong with that. I really didn't know it was that much of a gap. I only know about how old the OFC's are. I'm sort of rambling here but what I want to say is that at one time when I felt like my toes were being stepped out I would just use the ignore button but I got to thinking that I could be just as much as a pain in ass as the few I would ignore. No one is on my ignore button anymore. I now just don't respond if I feel what is being posted bothers me. Another reason I might miss a great post that I need to see. I don't care for anything political. As far as religion goes I support when someone ask for prayers as well wishes but discussing religious views is for other forumns. To so it up we all have common ground to stand on. We are Duke fans. OFC

So where is this "ignore" button you speak of? Asking for a friend. :)

I like to read what everyone says. I have no one on ignore. I definitely don’t agree with what some on here say.
Only my opinion here, and this isn’t meant to step on anyone’s toes, but it’s age or maturity related when discussing the team. As much as I love Duke basketball, and I hate to see us lose, it’s not the end all to me like it used to be.
The smartest fans, and most appreciative, are our OFC’s. They truly look at Duke basketball as a joy.

I’ve only had one poster on ignore, and he doesn’t post his novels on here anymore. There’s a few I don’t agree with, and I’m sure some that don’t agree with me. But In the end, we are all Duke fans and want the same thing........si6hts

I’ve only had one poster on ignore, and he doesn’t post his novels on here anymore. There’s a few I don’t agree with, and I’m sure some that don’t agree with me. But In the end, we are all Duke fans and want the same thing........si6hts
I used to ignore IPsych but apparently he did a 180. I used to ignore Dattier with old handle but he doesn’t seem to come around. What ever happened to Rosh btw?

I have about 20 people on my ignore list, but it takes a heck of a resume to make that list. I guess some folks are just overflowing with credentials. This board is 99% classy even without the ignore feature. I'm a DI and Five Point Play Podcast lifer at this point.

20?!? good lord haha

Reactions: DukeDenver
I’m waiting for the replies to my “do you like pineapple on pizza?” Thread before I start putting people on ignore. You’ve all been warned.

I like pineapple on my pizza it's just not my 1st choice. Meat lovers with mushrooms and onions. Thin and crispy. I know. I'm hijacking my own thread. Sorry. OFC

I like pineapple on my pizza it's just not my 1st choice. Meat lovers with mushrooms and onions. Thin and crispy. I know. I'm hijacking my own thread. Sorry. OFC
tenor.gif

You do realize I can still see your posts, right? ;)

I’m fairly new here, but I’m kinda learning who the jerks are, like guys from Kentucky claiming to be Duke fans and such. Kidding aside, I have not one on ignore. The people who bother me? Posters who enjoy poking while we are down in the game thread. Posters who claim, “you’re stalking or following them” when you reply to their posts on this tiny board, where you basically read EVERY post. Posters who always have to throw in politics. You’re not making any friends here doing that, even political avatars should be off limits. It’s a basketball board, let’s keep it going that way. And then, the big one. Posters who play the “ I can’t say anything negative “ card. It’s fine to post your opinion, don’t piss down your leg when others offer up different opinions. In closing, I love this board, I love a lot of people here, and would go to bat for many if needed. Our regulars are amazing fans and people. It would kill me if we lost this group.

I’m fairly new here, but I’m kinda learning who the jerks are, like guys from Kentucky claiming to be Duke fans and such. Kidding aside, I have not one on ignore. The people who bother me? Posters who enjoy poking while we are down in the game thread. Posters who claim, “you’re stalking or following them” when you reply to their posts on this tiny board, where you basically read EVERY post. Posters who always have to throw in politics. You’re not making any friends here doing that, even political avatars should be off limits. It’s a basketball board, let’s keep it going that way. And then, the big one. Posters who play the “ I can’t say anything negative “ card. It’s fine to post your opinion, don’t piss down your leg when others offer up different opinions. In closing, I love this board, I love a lot of people here, and would go to bat for many if needed. Our regulars are amazing fans and people. It would kill me if we lost this group.

Very well said!!

And by the way, I’m not FROM Ky!! I just live here now!! Haha!!

I second this!

I have one person on ignore. But, I usually click “show ignored posts” when it pops up. We’ll call it a selective ignore based on the topic of the thread.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Perfect post!

Reactions: skysdad
How can you modulate if ya can’t see what they’re saying? I’m calling you out , MOD.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT