ADVERTISEMENT

General recruiting info

I know it's been said before, but this is unprecedented that a guy who has never been a head coach (except for 1 game) can attract the kind of talent he is getting. These guys sound like they like each other and love Jon. If he can coach a lick (and we all know he can) he is going to be a very successful coach!

CLASS NOW COMPLETE!!!!
Not even close ! Still need more players . If we loose, Paolo, Keels, Baker, Johns , Williams, Moore , Griffin and Jones that’s six contributors one practice player. John has only brought in five now . Need more then just seven with Roach and Blake’s ( that’s if he don’t move on ).

Reactions: christophero
I know it's been said before, but this is unprecedented that a guy who has never been a head coach (except for 1 game) can attract the kind of talent he is getting. These guys sound like they like each other and love Jon. If he can coach a lick (and we all know he can) he is going to be a very successful coach!
It’s not just Scheyer. It’s Nolan bringing the younger approach with John and CWell bring the experience. Add Amile and you got a coaching staff that cares about players, their future and have won at the highest level in college basketball. Go Duke!

Not even close ! Still need more players . If we loose, Paolo, Keels, Baker, Johns , Williams, Moore , Griffin and Jones that’s six contributors one practice player. John has only brought in five now . Need more then just seven with Roach and Blake’s ( that’s if he don’t move on ).
That’s where Caleb Foster hopefully comes in early or as mentioned before, would love to see us get back on Anthony Black. In the end, imagine it will be either two portal guys or Foster & a portal guy. We will need some leadership outside of just Freshman & Roach.

That’s where Caleb Foster hopefully comes in early or as mentioned before, would love to see us get back on Anthony Black. In the end, imagine it will be either two portal guys or Foster & a portal guy. We will need some leadership outside of just Freshman & Roach.
The only thing with Foster with Roach if he stays is if Blake’s looks elsewhere for a back up role . Good problem to have but one has to thing there will be plenty more reclasses to look at and the transfer portal.

Great get. There will probably be a huge roster turnover next year, but at least we are reloading. Add a transfer from the frontcourt and back court and we should be good to go. (Assuming our 3 wings leave) 4 wings including Baker. I am hoping we get one wing back among AJ, Keels and Moore, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
Not sure If I'd want Foster to join 22 or stay in 23, especially if he joins 22 and is 1 and done.
Agreed. Rather he stay in 23 and build that class. If we lose everyone from this roster, we will start 4 freshman so Roach can hopefully provide a bit of leadership.

Reactions: timritterus
Please please play together next year and don't be selfish. Memphis with Emoni and Jalen and company just lost to Murray State. It's their 4th loss in row.

Reactions: christophero
I heard Bates is playing terrible. The big guy as well. You just never know how guys are gonna do as freshman. Even top 10 recruits, as we well know. If Memphis misses the tournament with that class, yikes. But it's young talent.

I’m actually surprised at how bad Bates has been. Remember reading a year ago he was the #1 kid regardless of class. Obviously he’s still young but I thought he’d be the best freshman in college basketball.

I don’t know. A OAD class of unknowns again? Huge chance to be a bust, or a small chance of being great. Wish there was 3-4 solid returnees in the mix. Then we might have something.

Reactions: jnastasi
It's certainly looking like a VERY freshman heavy team next year, which is always risky. However, I'll take my shot with the insanely talented 5 stars we have coming in. Wjat a special class and I'm beyond proud/excited for the squad next year. Let's go!

We have to reload as we may only get Roach back. Jon is smart enough to get some Theo John type players to give experience. Otherwise it would be our youngest team ever. Getting one upperclassman back besides Roach could make a huge difference, but each of our 4 guys on the fence look pretty draftable. I would start playing Blakes more as we will need him next year.

We keep Moore and Roach and we have nothing to worry about. I’m sure a couple will be added through the transfer portal too

Reactions: IOWABLUDEVIL
We keep Moore and Roach and we have nothing to worry about. I’m sure a couple will be added through the transfer portal too
Moore would be huge

Still don’t understand how AJ Griffin expects to be a pro when he struggles in college. I thought allowing these kids to get paid would make them want to stay in college if they’re not pro ready. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Has AJ said anything about leaving after this year? It’s still awfully early in the season, and the next 3 games may well show whether he can be a dependable contributor this year. But if he can’t get much PT this year, I’d expect him back, unless there are other issues at play here.

Glad we didn’t get cockburn from Illinois he shoulda played football he ain’t worth a damn. 😂

The state of Kentucky had a bad day. Love it that their bb team went down again. The only time I ever pull for them is when they play cheater u. but the death and destruction that happened in their state today goes beyond basketball just like it did several years ago when the student body president of north carolina was murdered and this board showed compassion. My post here doesn't change the way I feel about both programs and their fans but I can't imagine my hometown being completely leveled like Mayfield , Kentucky. OFC

They've treated me decent over there. They have a good movie thread, so i try not to disparage them too much. Of course I rarely mention Duke, ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT