ADVERTISEMENT

Forks would have given Nova a (much) better game

We will never know! but even if we had the outcome that Kansas had tonight at least it was in the Final Four!

Nova was the best team this year, the game might of been a lot closer but I don’t think the outcome would of changed. Just my opinion but experience kills in the tournament. They have like six redshirts on their team. Plus they are a very good three point shooting team as we saw tonight and might of been just as hot against Duke’s zone.

Just my opinion but experience kills in the tournament.

I agree, and 'Nova as you noted has experience. We had one returning starter this year, and likely none next year. I think the Fab Four Part II will be terrific, but the ultimate journey's end for next year depends greatly upon the mantle of leadership held by returning guys like Ques, Javin, Jack, AOC & co. Even guys like Vrank and Robinson (seldom used this year) can play leadership roles. The fab four need to embrace the presence of our returning players. Chemistry is so vital. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
If we had the same results than UK had defending the three we wouldn't have beaten Nova either. OFC

Plus we need another big man.

I know Montgomery is good, but personally I'd rather have a veteran Bolden. He made a jump this year, and I foresee another next year if he sticks around. OFC

Sorry to say, Nova woulda beat the shit out of us. I had already told my close Duke buds around here if we beat Kansas Nova was gonna humiliate us.

I agree. For us to beat Nova, I think we would have had to of gotten at least a little help from Nova.

I just don’t think they would have humiliated us. We played pretty bad in some of our losses....in none were we humiliated. Overall, and as a team, I have no qualms in saying Villanova is/was better than us, but I refuse to think they’re this other-worldly team. I watched them look pretty bad at times this season, too. We wouldn’t have been easy for them to defend, either.

When they shoot the ball well, which is a lot, they are the best team and it's not really close. The zone might've slowed them, but they aren't exactly easy to score on.
As for this big man stuff...I mean, tell me about all of Nova's big men. Didn't we win 15 with one real big and turned the corner when Winslow played 4. The two bigs thing got us in trouble a lot this year and they were about as talented as bigs get.

I think they would have defeated us although had Grayson's shot fallen I like the momentum and grit our boys would have brought to the fight. I refuse to admit it would have been a beatdown. OFC

Reactions: dukiejay
Duke is never the underdog. If we played our A game, we would have beaten Villanova. We would have destroyed them inside.
Villanova has obvously been more consistent than Duke all year, but I refuse to believe that our ceiling wasn't the highest of any team in the country.

If Grayson and Gary shot like they did against Kansas though, than yeah it would have been a long night.

Did anyone know we were favored in EVERY GAME this season? The game @ UNC ended up being an EVEN line, but we opened up as 1.5 point favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT