ADVERTISEMENT

Flory Bidunga( 2024 5* C) is Visiting Duke Next Week

Score another victory for the crystal ball slappys.
While cynical you make a good point. Recruiting has always and always will be tough to predict. People base their predictions on what they hear. You take it or leave it but many are plugged in but as is the nature of recruiting things can change and sometimes change fast. Everything we had heard up until about four days ago was this was Duke. Then it switched to Auburn and the eleventh hour it was KU. It happens fast and it happens behind closed doors. It doesn’t mean everyone who is making predictions is doing it on a whim. They’re doing it with the information they’re receiving at the time and believe to be legit. The shitty part about the recruiting business is that things can change very quickly and for a variety of reasons/influences. While I get the cynicism and frustration, you’ve got no other options other than to just wait and see what ultimately happens. You could do that, or you could be here and continue to discuss and query about it in real time bc let’s face it you wouldn’t be on boards if you weren’t interested. To play the “another loss for crystal ball experts” isn’t fair. Sometimes shit happens. Been around or follow recruiting long enough and nothing surprises you.

While cynical you make a good point. Recruiting has always and always will be tough to predict. People base their predictions on what they hear. You take it or leave it but many are plugged in but as is the nature of recruiting things can change and sometimes change fast. Everything we had heard up until about four days ago was this was Duke. Then it switched to Auburn and the eleventh hour it was KU. It happens fast and it happens behind closed doors. It doesn’t mean everyone who is making predictions is doing it on a whim. They’re doing it with the information they’re receiving at the time and believe to be legit. The shitty part about the recruiting business is that things can change very quickly and for a variety of reasons/influences. While I get the cynicism and frustration, you’ve got no other options other than to just wait and see what ultimately happens. You could do that, or you could be here and continue to discuss and query about it in real time bc let’s face it you wouldn’t be on boards if you weren’t interested. To play the “another loss for crystal ball experts” isn’t fair. Sometimes shit happens. Been around or follow recruiting long enough and nothing surprises you.
Well stated

100% spot on...

I am a Duke basketball fan, but a Notre Dame football fan (attracted to rich traditions)...

I learned everything I needed to know about the current state of recruiting during the Peyton Bowen saga.

In a span of 48 hours, the kid changed his mind 4x, giving a silent commit to Notre Dame and participating in a group chat for incoming prospects, selecting Oregon on signing day, reneging and starting talks back with ND, and then finally ending up at Oklahoma!

When there is money in the equation, there are no more certainties....

This is even true AFTER you sign on the dotted line. Thanks to an open transfer portal, all it takes is for another school to offer a big purse at some point, and you are free to bail!

I’m a firm believer, that ultimately, we get who we really want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT