ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I went private and stopped by THR....it’s eerily quiet, and the only posters there are at a new low. No fun when they’re so low you can’t rag on them!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I went private and stopped by THR....it’s eerily quiet, and the only posters there are at a new low. No fun when they’re so low you can’t rag on them!!
It’s a dark and desolate place over there and they’ve all given up. Their game thread was 8 pages compared to ours which is going on 30–and that was with them dominating the game for 44 minutes, so you would figure they got extra traffic. I actually enjoy the banter over there, but it is just not as fun when they’ve already poured the salt on their own wounds.

I'll give you a sneak preview: a lot about the refs, and then an attempt to show basketball knowledge by using the call numbers to identify UNC's defenses.
Blaming the refs is classssssic. Those refs were absolute garbage the entire game for BOTH us and unc. Both fanbases can point to several calls that went against them but the team that loses will always use that card. Bottom line, we had zero business winning that game and boom, we did. We had a LOT go our way, but now it will be remembered in Duke/Unc lore forever and ever. LFG DUKE!

I liked this one from Spacetoyz....

"I still Can't figure out How Jones Practices Missing Free throws better than we do making them? Try and spin that around your head for a few moments..."
If you go back and watch that free throw, he actually takes a couple of steps to the right, because he said it usually comes off that way. Pretty incredible stuff.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Can you IMAGINE those guys over there when they saw that Bacot video where he said when they huddled up with a 12 point lead they were discussing that they could lose the way their season was going and that they were “ scared to death” ? Wow.

Can you IMAGINE those guys over there when they saw that Bacot video where he said when they huddled up with a 12 point lead they were discussing that they could lose the way their season was going and that they were “ scared to death” ? Wow.

Welp, apparently they had good reason to be!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
correct... he stated in the postgame that him and Scheyer practiced this same situation and he told Tre to take a few steps to the right so that when the ball hits the rim it would go out to the side and not down the middle
Actually guru gary called Scheyer and told him about that play.There has never been a situation that he did not invent

Not THR, but RR has its own value..

Yeah, we all see the same replays. There's is absolutely no way you can say for certain that he did NOT get touched. And it appears it was the 2nd elbow, not the 1st that hit him.

And besides all of that, you can get called for a flagrant simply by swinging your arms egregiously.

The announcers saw it, we all saw it, and believe it or not, the rest of the college basketball landscape saw it based on the social media posts I'm reading. Duke had a bad call go against them, and then somehow got a worse call go their way.

That is a new one. You can get a flagrant foul just for “swinging your arms egregiously.”

Wait. What is this video you are talking about??

One poster is arguing with the others claiming Tre Jone passed the ball (a lob) to Wendell Moore vs him airballing his shot and Wendell rebounding for the OT buzzer. It’s pretty hilarious.

This part made me giggle.

What did they do with all those banners and jerseys came down when the ceiling and roof came down in the dean dome and where did they put the ceiling and roof ? Are they going to have the ceiling and the roof back on the dean dome by the time UVA comes in on Sat. or are they going to move the game back to carmichael again which if my memory is correct that didn't work out well either earlier this year. OFC

Last edited:
I was driving home from work last night listening to the UNX pregame show. I chuckled when the guy on the radio said that two of their worse ft shooters made a combined 16 ft's in a row yesterday in practice. Talked like they were really putting the work in. Must have been phenomenal to see. Lol

I’ve seen some people say that Bacot should return next season but based on his tone in that video I’ll be surprised if he decides to return.

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT