ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Can you imagine, just for a second or two having to remember those big defensive sets like 20 and 22 and whatever Gary makes up. Those big numbers are too large for players that dont have to attend classes.

I have become friendly with a former successful Div I coach who thinks Roy is mostly to blame for not trying different methods this season and laying blame at the players feet. Other programs have the same level of talent as UNC but aren't 10-17.

I have become friendly with a former successful Div I coach who thinks Roy is mostly to blame for not trying different methods this season and laying blame at the players feet. Other programs have the same level of talent as UNC but aren't 10-17.
Unless Roy has top tier talent that stays 3-4 years, he struggles, maybe not this bad, but it's still a struggle. Now when he has talent that sticks around, his teams are generally competitive and can compete for a deep run in march.

I know that Coach K isn't perfect and we question him sometimes, but there is now way on earth that he would have a season like Roy is having. We would have taken some lumps, for sure, but K and staff would have found a way to win a lot of those games.

Roy is a one trick pony. Sure, his one trick has won some titles, but one trick pony, for sure.

I know that Coach K isn't perfect and we question him sometimes, but there is now way on earth that he would have a season like Roy is having. We would have taken some lumps, for sure, but K and staff would have found a way to win a lot of those games.

Roy is a one trick pony. Sure, his one trick has won some titles, but one trick pony, for sure.

Pretty much. Going to be interesting next year in regards to Roys players. After next season, will Love, Kessler, Sharpe, stick around for Roy's shenanigans? If Roy starts running a OAD program, they're toast.

“Our team has been a big disappointment this year. Reason is this team has limited capabilities. But this Duke team has so far underperformed that they should be the ones embarrassed by the performance to date” lol

That one is a THR Hall of Fame nominee. They started the season in the top ten, and currently have 17 losses (and counting). No one in recorded history would trade our position with theirs.

That one is a THR Hall of Fame nominee. They started the season in the top ten, and currently have 17 losses (and counting). No one in recorded history would trade our position with theirs.

SVMd1FH.jpg

OFC

Amazing thing about ‘this post is that the resident coaching geniuses Gary 7 and Tarheel75 said that if K won with this team it would be his best job ever.

Reactions: timo0402
They are blaming the refs of course....nothing new. Talking about how many foul shots we had....I mean they were intentionally fouling at the end, but you know.

I wonder if they know what we had to pay those officials tonight. If so they would start a petition. Do I get a like toophly1224? ;) OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
Some of these are so salty....I love it!!!

“officials just flat out refusing to call a foul on dook in the paint.”

“k working the refs earlier has worked .. they sucked & swallowed whistles on our end a lot !! oh well onto next season”

“Call it or me what you like but this officiating crew needs investigated. I know Carey is killing us but this is not a 13pt game if we are allowed to play as physical as dook. If you don’t see that then I don’t know what to tell ya.”

“Turn out the lights the party’s over boys.....Actually a game I think we could have won. Out coached and out played, again! Can’t wait to get a new PG next year. This year we went TU a long time ago.....”

“How many bunnies can Bacot miss this year? Not just him, the entire team misses what would normally be easy buckets. Unreal...”

“The refs calls or no calls are the difference in the game. Carolina closed within 1 and K calls timeout,talks to a ref and the game completely changes. Bacot is on the pine with 4 fouls in less than a minute. It's so obvious Ray Charles could see it.”

“Nothing unusual about this game Bail out call after bail out call endless touch fouls on us ad we get hammered in the paint. I expected nothing less. Well we have a game Tuesday, lets, get ready for that.”

“Let's make some teams uncomfortable starting Tuesday and see how far we can go with a neutral court and K's refs not officiating.”

“k working the refs earlier has worked .. they sucked & swallowed whistles on our end a lot !! oh well onto next season”

“Call it or me what you like but this officiating crew needs investigated. I know Carey is killing us but this is not a 13pt game if we are allowed to play as physical as dook. If you don’t see that then I don’t know what to tell ya.”

“Turn out the lights the party’s over boys.....Actually a game I think we could have won. Out coached and out played, again! Can’t wait to get a new PG next year. This year we went TU a long time ago.....”

“How many bunnies can Bacot miss this year? Not just him, the entire team misses what would normally be easy buckets. Unreal...”

“The refs calls or no calls are the difference in the game. Carolina closed within 1 and K calls timeout,talks to a ref and the game completely changes. Bacot is on the pine with 4 fouls in less than a minute. It's so obvious Ray Charles could see it.”

“Nothing unusual about this game Bail out call after bail out call endless touch fouls on us ad we get hammered in the paint. I expected nothing less. Well we have a game Tuesday, lets, get ready for that.”

“Let's make some teams uncomfortable starting Tuesday and see how far we can go with a neutral court and K's refs not officiating.”

“Turn out the lights the party’s over boys.....
Actually a game I think we could have won. Out coached and out played, again! Can’t wait to get a new PG next year. This year we went TU a long time ago.....”

Does he know he’s talking about JESUS?!?!?

I was just about to post the third post in your list. I guess the person that posted that must’ve missed all of the times that Cole basically mugged Tre throughout the game.

#805 and counting. OFC

Takes the high after his team is absolutely hosed by the officials in a Dook game. At some point don't you have to put your foot down and call them out. Tonight's game was absolutely one sided. Any contact put a Dook player on the line meanwhile Brooks,Bacot and Anthony were hammered all night and it was play on. Robinson in the concussion protocol and the foul is on him and Bacots 4th was comical. Enough is enough.

Takes the high after his team is absolutely hosed by the officials in a Dook game. At some point don't you have to put your foot down and call them out. Tonight's game was absolutely one sided. Any contact put a Dook player on the line meanwhile Brooks,Bacot and Anthony were hammered all night and it was play on. Robinson in the concussion protocol and the foul is on him and Bacots 4th was comical. Enough is enough.
Was just about to post this. Absolute gold.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
This is one that I just love:

dadika13 said:
Over Keeling. Make sure you point that out every time, not just when it’s on Cole.

uncboy 10 said: Kinda weird to be biased against the best player on the court, especially when he's on your team. But then again it's also weird to call the game play by play on a message board.

I don't mind about the petty fighting among Heel fans, but to call the Refrigerator the best player on the court? That's the funniest thing I've heard all night! Hell, he's not even the best player on UNC's team.

OFC

This in response to Anthony trying to trip Tre....

“Uhh if your talking about Cole lifting his leg then you missed the hip-check he received going around the screen. His leg lifts in reaction to contact.... but what the hey, believe what you will.”

Well, I'll probably be banned soon after my Jesus Cole comment, don't care. So tired of their holier than thou attitude about everything. Especially when they're a bunch of damn cheaters on the academic side of things. Which is something I will never be able to get over, how they got away with cheating for over 20+ years and the majority of their fan base just acts like it's nothing. But, Grayson tripped some people and he is the devil, ha Admittedly, what Grayson did was stupid, but he owned it. Move on. Roy won't even admit that they cheated or that it was wrong. Just a trash university all around.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This guy 'Lewis&Miller'...jeez...I don't even know where to start. His post just seethes with hate for anything K and Duke. I would hate to be eaten up with hatred like that.

Lewis&Miller said:
On this board, 90% see Roy as taking the high road but as wise old men will tell you, be careful that "others don't take kindness as weakness". The Rat has evolved a gracious winner and loves some Roy as long as the tables don't get reversed. He didn't share the same love for Dean.

This is nothing more than two completely different perspectives between coaches. Rat sees every single aspect of the game as "personal" and controllable, Roy sees it as impersonal (Carolina- dook) player matchup. The game is a fight for the Rat, Roy choses not to go there. The game is between the players not coaches.

There is one iconic incident that if it happens today would be flagrant, ejection, suspension, and prosecuted in the Orange county courtroom. It was the premeditated Thug punch in Chapel Hill. Thug has stated many times that Rat told them in the huddle to administer the knockdown. TH when asked recently if he thought it was intentional said "I know it was". Thug even sprinted from the wing to purposefully deliver the blow. Go back and see that in the 1st game in derm, Thug was purposely ramming TH in the lower back on dook free throws(in the closing minutes with game out of dooks reach). Roy did nothing. TH is the all time Tar Heel warrior and I will always regret Roy not standing up for his player. What would Dean have done? It would not have been "weak or kind" and the historical disgrace of that incident would be fact.

8 Lewis&Miller, Today at 8:54 AM
Last edited: Today at 10:08 AM

OFC

This guy 'Lewis&Miller'...jeez...I don't even know where to start. His post just seethes with hate for anything K and Duke. I would hate to be eaten up with hatred like that.

Lewis&Miller said:
On this board, 90% see Roy as taking the high road but as wise old men will tell you, be careful that "others don't take kindness as weakness". The Rat has evolved a gracious winner and loves some Roy as long as the tables don't get reversed. He didn't share the same love for Dean.

This is nothing more than two completely different perspectives between coaches. Rat sees every single aspect of the game as "personal" and controllable, Roy sees it as impersonal (Carolina- dook) player matchup. The game is a fight for the Rat, Roy choses not to go there. The game is between the players not coaches.

There is one iconic incident that if it happens today would be flagrant, ejection, suspension, and prosecuted in the Orange county courtroom. It was the premeditated Thug punch in Chapel Hill. Thug has stated many times that Rat told them in the huddle to administer the knockdown. TH when asked recently if he thought it was intentional said "I know it was". Thug even sprinted from the wing to purposefully deliver the blow. Go back and see that in the 1st game in derm, Thug was purposely ramming TH in the lower back on dook free throws(in the closing minutes with game out of dooks reach). Roy did nothing. TH is the all time Tar Heel warrior and I will always regret Roy not standing up for his player. What would Dean have done? It would not have been "weak or kind" and the historical disgrace of that incident would be fact.

OFC

Maybe if Roy took it more personal and seen it more of a fight, he would have finished last

Lewis&Miller said:

OFC
That guy needs to lay off the bath salts.

Lewis&Miller said:

OFC

we all must apologize to this poster. We are so very sorry that Duke doesn’t curl up in the fetal position when they see a baby blu Jersey like N.C. State does. The Wolfpack turn into wolf pups against the Heels. EwenC didn’t even need Cole slaw to win in Rawleigh!

heel fans would perform a pagan ritual complete with human sacrifice if it would give them the kind of consistent dominance over Duke that they have over their kin in Raleigh. but alas, no such luck.

That guy needs to lay off the bath salts.

There has to be something, Timo! It's scary to think anyone could possibly believe all that crap.

we all must apologize to this poster. We are so very sorry that Duke doesn’t curl up in the fetal position when they see a baby blu Jersey like N.C. State does. The Wolfpack turn into wolf pups against the Heels. EwenC didn’t even need Cole slaw to win in Rawleigh!

heel fans would perform a pagan ritual complete with human sacrifice if it would give them the kind of consistent dominance over Duke that they have over their kin in Raleigh. but alas, no such luck.

Yep, that's pretty much spot on! As Sky says, they're entitled and don't want anyone to stand up to them, but K has never backed down.

OFC

Saw this gem of a post from Lydia green
in the Gary-7’s brief stuff thread

“Thanks Gary. I thought the referees were okay, but I respect your opinion more than mine”.

Thug wasn’t her entire post but it was the only part of her post that I thought was worth sharing in this thread. Maybe someone can refresh my memory but wasn’t she the posted that posted a rather rude comment in the thread that I started about Sabrina Ionescu becoming the first Division I player to record 2000 points, 1000 assists and 1000 rebounds? Then she got banned shortly after?

Saw this gem of a post from Lydia green
in the Gary-7’s brief stuff thread

“Thanks Gary. I thought the referees were okay, but I respect your opinion more than mine”.

Thug wasn’t her entire post but it was the only part of her post that I thought was worth sharing in this thread. Maybe someone can refresh my memory but wasn’t she the posted that posted a rather rude comment in the thread that I started about Sabrina Ionescu becoming the first Division I player to record 2000 points, 1000 assists and 1000 rebounds? Then she got banned shortly after?
“She” was a typical troll that exposes themself after enough time, you just let it happen naturally. It doesn’t usually take long.

Reactions: skysdad
“She” was a typical troll that exposes themself after enough time, you just let it happen naturally. It doesn’t usually take long.

I think she was one of those who come in peace and sooner or later it comes out in all of them. They seem to be cordial but just like a snake you get bit. She can't help it hit. She's are tar heel fan. It's their nature. If you follow the heel fans that come in peace 95 plus per cent of them will eventually get banned.OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT