ADVERTISEMENT

Dunleavy deserves a shout out on his B-Day!

He definitely didn't get the attention playing alongside Williams and Battier. His IQ on the court was as high as anyone we've had. I'll never forget his fake pass against Arizona in the national title game, where he then drained the three.
What a player.

He was an integral part of my favorite Duke team ever. And I will add, IMO, college basketball just is not as fun as it used to be back in 2001. You used to be able to get really attached to watching these guys. Now, they leave after one year and 3 years later I sometimes forget who was even on a team.....

He was an integral part of my favorite Duke team ever. And I will add, IMO, college basketball just is not as fun as it used to be back in 2001. You used to be able to get really attached to watching these guys. Now, they leave after one year and 3 years later I sometimes forget who was even on a team.....

This is exactly how I feel

Seemed like Mike D had the best hands. Williams and Duhon would throw bullet passes into him when he had some open space, usually in the paint, and I can't remember him ever fumbling a pass. Also, at the 10 second mark against Georgia Tech, that was Dunleavy's freshmen year - so he wasn't quite the college superstar at the time, but I can recall Dan Bonner losing his mind after the fake and drive. The early 2000's were some very special years for Duke Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT