ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARKANSAS ELITE 8 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This team is streaky. Seems like we either get up big and then give it up, or get down big and have to come back. Can we have a comfortable 20 point win? Not likely but would be nice. But Ark. is not Pitt or Syracuse so doubtful. Win one more and we're in the final four. That would be a nice end to coach K's career.
I’m not nervous just waiting in the game luckily it’s my daughters birthday so we’re headed to her favorite place to pass the time for her party .
My biggest worry is Duke not defending well against back door cuts. This is the one area Arkansas can attack .

I cut the cable last year. Of course, CBS now plays many games including the final four and championship on TBS (I can't see why they would not want a championship on CBS but whatever).... Had to subscribe to YouTube TV for today's game 😆

I cut the cable last year. Of course, CBS now plays many games including the final four and championship on TBS (I can't see why they would not want a championship on CBS but whatever).... Had to subscribe to YouTube TV for today's game 😆
How hard has that been overall? I’ve been considering it....

How hard has that been overall? I’ve been considering it....
I don't watch a lot of TV. Games are typically on ESPN which is annoying so I miss some of those or follow on ESPN's gamecast which doesn't show the game but shows live stats. Shows I do watch can be streamed on Amazon Prime for $3 an episode a month after they are aired on TV, or netflix has a few of the shows. My kids watch Disney plus and youtube so they are not impacted. I just can't justify $100 for something that I only watch for sports for the most part. Overall I am glad I did it. If I were to go back to cable, I would go the YouTube TV or sling route for $35-50 per month. I just think it's nuts you have to pay a ton of money for 400 channels you don't watch but only watch 3-4 channels. I bought one of those over the air antennas off Amazon for $25 bucks so I do get the 4 basic stations for free.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I have a feeling this is going to be incredibly close. It’s likely due to the fact that I just haven’t watched Arkansas all that much this year… or really, ever. I did see Nolan Richardson predicted an Arkansas win. Hopefully, that motivates them.

With the TTU game, we were the underdogs. That’s an incredible motivator for Krzyzewski. In this one, we’re not. That’s another thing that worries me.

Regardless, I’ll not wear my unlucky “lucky” Duke shirt. It was premiered against UNC. I washed it, and wore it against Tech. I took it off at halftime against TTU. So, I can’t burn it — sacrilege — but I dare not wear it.

No prediction here. Just much anticipation. I fear of starting to drink this early, lest I go all American Psycho like dude on the first page. [Shudder]

Duke 77
Piggies 70

Arkansas is 320th in 3 pt %, and 279 in 3 pointers made per game. Let’s see if that continues or if they go lights out from deep because they’re playing Duke.

Duke needs to shut down Williams and Notae. Do that and they win comfortably.
Play the Zone.

Most likely final 4 according to history is KU, UNC, Nova and Duke.
Anybody see Houston, Miami, St. Peter’s, Ark in the Final 4? Not me.

Have to have to match their physicality. They have senior lead, grown men, guards that are big and physical and will get in the face of Keels and Roach. If we can match that I love our chances.

Reactions: christophero
I feel weirdly confident about tonight. It’s actually an uncomfortable feeling. I think we come out with some verve and slog out a win by 12-14. We don’t need to do anything over the top. Play tough D, limit turnovers, rebound and shoot fairly and we cruise.

Duke 78
Arkansas 66

I really don't want to get down 10 early and see this board in meltdown mode. Let's lead from start to finish.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Roast beef sandwich?
I've not been to Arby's in 35 years. I asked the cashier why it's called Arby's. ( It's short for America's Roast Beef...I forgot the Y). She didn't know. I told the cashier and cook that I would give them 20dollars each for the answer when I returned next week. They seemed to believe me, but when I returned the next week, they still didn't know

I never realized that it stands for America's Roast Beef. Nabisco stands for the National Biscuit Company, that I do know.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
I've not been to Arby's in 35 years. I asked the cashier why it's called Arby's. ( It's short for America's Roast Beef...I forgot the Y). She didn't know. I told the cashier and cook that I would give them 20dollars each for the answer when I returned next week. They seemed to believe me, but when I returned the next week, they still didn't know
Surely they covered that in training. On a side note absolutely no one cares about we have a cat named Arby. Stray we took in the first day she about bit my hand off trying to get my roast beef so she pretty much named herself

Nova in the final four! Good job Jay Wright I like him. He used to coach Hofstra near where I grew up on Long Island.

Reactions: Liftee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT