ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Brandon Ingram led New Orleans with 40 points, six rebounds and five assists in a 121-110 win over Portland. Cam Reddish scored 13 in the loss.

Mason Plumlee scored 12 points and grabbed 20 rebounds in a 115-91 loss to Golden State.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
Remember the days when "Duke couldn't develop big guys"? Look at the results for Duke big men, old and new, above.

We are Big Man U!

Remember the days when "Duke couldn't develop big guys"? Look at the results for Duke big men, old and new, above.

We are Big Man U!
I may be making this up, but I swear for a couple of years there Wojo was our big man coach. During that time period it waw hard to argue with the "duke can't develop big guys." But now? Not so much.

Wojo was our big man coach and Duke got blasted for that. I don't know if it made any difference but we missed on a lot of big guys in those days. Patrick Patterson is one who comes to mind.

Now, with Amile there, I have no fears that we'll have any trouble recruiting big men.

I may be making this up, but I swear for a couple of years there Wojo was our big man coach. During that time period it waw hard to argue with the "duke can't develop big guys." But now? Not so much.
Wojo was Mason Plumlee's position coach at Duke. And Boozer's. And Jabari Parker's, who was having a pretty good NBA career until knee problems ended it. So, it's not like he didn't know what he was doing.

Paolo Banchero led Orlando with 31 points and added six rebounds and five assists in a 117-106 win over Charlotte. Mark Williams had 13 and seven rebounds in the loss.

Jayson Tatum scored 22 points and added 13 rebounds in a 115-105 loss to Brooklyn.

Brandon Ingram scored 17 points and added five rebounds in a 108-99 loss to Golden State.

Mason Plumlee scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds in a 128-127 loss to Sacramento.

Marvin Bagley, III led Detroit with 20 points and 13 rebounds in a 114-90 loss to Cleveland.

Grayson Allen scored 20 points (6-of-8) from 3 in a 133-130 loss to Philadelphia.

Kyrie Irving scored 30 points and added seven assists in a 130-126 loss to Phoenix.

Mark Williams scored 10 points and added 14 rebounds in a 102-86 loss to Brooklyn.

Cam Reddish scored 16 points and added five rebounds in a 122-119 win over Orlando. Paolo Banchero scored 26 and added five rebounds in the loss.

Mason Plumlee scored 15 points and added nine rebounds in a 135-129 win over Memphis. Tyus Jones had 25 points and 12 assists and was 5-of-7 from 3 in the loss.

Last edited:
Cam Reddish scored 13 points and added eight assists and six rebounds in a 110-104 win over Portland. Marvin Bagley, III had 10 points and eight rebounds in the loss.

Brandon Ingram scored 24 points and added seven assists in a 123-108 loss to Sacramento.

Marvin Bagley, III scored 15 points and added five rebounds in a 119-117 loss to Washington.

RJ Barrett scored 27 points and added six rebounds in a 112-105 loss to Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT