ADVERTISEMENT

Does Marvin get a triple double this season

DukeRulesBasketball

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2015
Certainly something to think about considering he had two games with a double double and I feel like he would have gotten a double double against Michigan State because when he left early in the game with the eye injury he had 5 or 6 rebounds( can’t remember, but I know it was around that number) and 4 pts. Gotta think he goes off in one game and gets it done. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Certainly something to think about considering he had two games with a double double and I feel like he would have gotten a double double against Michigan State because when he left early in the game with the eye injury he had 5 or 6 rebounds( can’t remember, but I know it was around that number) and 4 pts. Gotta think he goes off in one game and gets it done. What do you guys think?
Yes. I think Duval may as well. Carter could too.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
The fact that Shelden has the only one and it was the hard one (Points, Rebounds, Blocks) is still astonishing to me.

I’d love to see someone get the Ben Wallace triple-double. Rebounds, Blocks, and Steals.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Bagley will.
Points, OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, blocks.
The triple-and-a-half double.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Both Bagley & Carter have the capability of averaging at least 3-4 assists a piece. They will command so much attention, that if they pass out to Allen or Trent, the team becomes even more dangerous. This team hasn't even scratched the surface to how good they can be.

Last edited:
The fact that Shelden has the only one and it was the hard one (Points, Rebounds, Blocks) is still astonishing to me.

I’d love to see someone get the Ben Wallace triple-double. Rebounds, Blocks, and Steals.
Like the only one ever? Surprising to say the least if true!

I agree w/ a few who have said Trevon is the most likely candidate. It's a lot easier for a guard of his length to have 10 rebounds than it is for a post player to have 10 blocks or 10 assists.

Bags and Wendell will both have plenty of triple-doubles at the next level, but I don't see it happening in college.

Think about how often we see guys averaging double figures in rebounds... vs assists. Just as an example, Lonzo Ball led the country in assists last year w/ 7.7 per game. There were 17 guys who averaged 10 or more rebounds, and more than 100 who averaged better than 7.7.

I could see Duval having a non-points triple double: 12 dimes, 10 steals, 10 boards. I know we're going to get a 20/20 game from one of our bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT