ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else find it humorous

DukefanKY

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 4, 2011
Central Ky
That Elon had a player coming off the bench named "Poser"???

b2lAjoZ.png

Lol.

I recently met someone with the last name “Cockburn”. Apologies to anyone here if that’s their last name, but I can’t help but laugh in my head every time I hear it. Must have been difficult trying to date with that last name.

I must have missed his posts. Rival fan that posted here pretending to be a Duke fan?

Yes....long story, but when Dukie Jay called him out about his location, he started in on some story about visiting a sick friend at Elon.

When I went to CTC this year, I took a picture of the sign to
Elon and posted it here, asking if I should stop and say hi to JB!!....LOL!!

If I remember correctly, he was claiming to be a student, but seemed to point out every mistake Duke made, and never much positive to say.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Yes....long story, but when Dukie Jay called him out about his location, he started in on some story about visiting a sick friend at Elon.

When I went to CTC this year, I took a picture of the sign to
Elon and posted it here, asking if I should stop and say hi to JB!!....LOL!!

If I remember correctly, he was claiming to be a student, but seemed to point out every mistake Duke made, and never much positive to say.
I wanna say there was a guy who posted all the time on the ESPN MBB message board about 10-15 years ago who had a similar screen name. JBsmooth or JBsmoothe I think. Pretty sure he was a UNC fan or a Big East team (UCONN or Cuse). There was a group of about 30-40 that posted there all the time for about 5-10 years. Karndogs (think he posts on the other Duke message board on that other site) is the only one I’ve seen post outside ESPN from that group. I haven’t gone to that other Duke site in years though so I don’t if he still posts there.

I went to high school with a guy named Mike Hunt. Every year I score keep and announce the senior softball tournament. There's this guy that comes every year and his name is Dick Devine. The first time I saw his name in the lineup I thought it was a joke so I ask him about it and he saidyep tissue Dickie Devine. So every name he comes to bat I will announce " now batting.... Dick Devine . " They get a kick out of it. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I played pop warner football with kid that’s last name was pumpkinseed. Can’t remember his first name, but always thought that was funny.

Lol.

I recently met someone with the last name “Cockburn”. Apologies to anyone here if that’s their last name, but I can’t help but laugh in my head every time I hear it. Must have been difficult trying to date with that last name.
Won’t we recruiting a guy named Kofi Cockburn ? Bahaha

Does anyone remember an actor named Doug E Doug? He was in the movie Cool Runnings with John Candy.always thought it was funny that he had the same first and last name.

Last edited:
Won’t we recruiting a guy named Kofi Cockburn ? Bahaha
If so, and he’s reading this, your name is cool and it would look awesome on the back of a Duke jersey.

The guy I’m talking about is definitely not a basketball player.

If so, and he’s reading this, your name is cool and it would look awesome on the back of a Duke jersey.

The guy I’m talking about is definitely not a basketball player.
Pretty sure we are or were. I’m buying that jersey if he comes haha

I went to college with with a guy whose last name was Golden. He married a gal with the last name Schauer (pronounced shower). Needless to say, they skipped the engagement announcement in the local paper.

Hahahahahahaha!! That's awesome!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT