ADVERTISEMENT

DI ACC Pick'em Challenge - The 2019 Edition

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
The start of ACC play is just around the corner, and that means another edition of the DI ACC Pick'em Challenge. This will be the fourth year of doing this contest....assuming there's still enough interest?

We went from about 13 posters participating in 2016, to 18 the following year, and about 25 regularly submitting weekly picks last year. Can we grow it to 30?

The three winners so far....

2018 - @jwill133
2017 - @Kobe #1
2016 - @VaBlueDevil33

Here's a rules refresher for both past players and future one's....

I'll select six ACC games per week and you pick the winners. Here's the caveat, you select them in your order of probability....meaning from six (your highest probability) down to one (your lowest probability). Then, based off that you get your score.

Let's say, for example, these are the games for the week....Duke-BC, UNC-GT, Clem-VT, Miami-Pitt, State-Cuse and FSU-Wake. If I feel most strongly about Duke beating BC, then that's my #6 game. If I pick correctly, I get six points. If I miss it I get zero. Then it works the same as you stagger the games down from five to one. If you have a week where you pick all six games correctly you can earn as many as 21 points (42 points on double-points weeks....see below). Make sense?

Your picks, for my sanity, look like this, for example....

(6) Duke over BC
(5) UNC over GT
(4) Clem over VT
(3) Miami over Pitt
(2) State over Cuse
(1) FSU over Wake

We'd keep a cumulative season total and the winner can get a thread proclaiming himself as the greatest ACC basketball mind on the board where we all bow to his/her graces....or something like that. Maybe even @dukehokie and @timo0402 have you on their podcast? We'll have to confirm that with them.

Here are weeks (10 total) it would run....

Dec 31-Jan 6
January 7-13
January 14-20
January 21-27
Jan 28-Feb 3
February 4-10
February 11-17
February 18-24
Feb 25-Mar 3
March 4-9 (last regular season games are Sat the 9th)

Each week I’ll post two threads....one for the games that week where you’ll make your picks, and another with the updated standings. For two weeks over the course of the season (the weeks of Feb 18 and Mar 4....each of the weeks we play UNC) you will be required to email me your picks, rather than putting them on the board. These two weeks are also double-points weeks, where you pick based off 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points and can accrue up to 42 points, rather than 21. I’ll make sure to post everyone’s picks for that week in the weekly thread prior to the first game. I’ll also send my picks those weeks to timo0402 and dukehokie to avoid any funny business.

We have a lot of new posters this year....great way to jump in, interact, talk smart and have some fun.

What does everyone think?

The start of ACC play is just around the corner, and that means another edition of the DI ACC Pick'em Challenge. This will be the fourth year of doing this contest....assuming there's still enough interest?

We went from about 13 posters participating in 2016, to 18 the following year, and about 25 regularly submitting weekly picks last year. Can we grow it to 30?

2018 - @jwill133
2017 - @Kobe #1
2016 - @VaBlueDevil33

I'll select six ACC games per week and you pick the winners. Here's the caveat, you select them in your order of probability....meaning from six (your highest probability) down to one (your lowest probability). Then, based off that you get your score.

Let's say, for example, these are the games for the week....Duke-BC, UNC-GT, Clem-VT, Miami-Pitt, State-Cuse and FSU-Wake. If I feel most strongly about Duke beating BC, then that's my #6 game. If I pick correctly, I get six points. If I miss it I get zero. Then it works the same as you stagger the games down from five to one. If you have a week where you pick all six games correctly you can earn as many as 21 points (42 points on double-points weeks....see below). Make sense?

(6) Duke over BC
(5) UNC over GT
(4) Clem over VT
(3) Miami over Pitt
(2) State over Cuse
(1) FSU over Wake

We'd keep a cumulative season total and the winner can get a thread proclaiming himself as the greatest ACC basketball mind on the board where we all bow to his/her graces....or something like that. Maybe even @dukehokie and @timo0402 have you on their podcast? We'll have to confirm that with them.

Dec 31-Jan 6
January 7-13
January 14-20
January 21-27
Jan 28-Feb 3
February 4-10
February 11-17
February 18-24
Feb 25-Mar 3

Each week I’ll post two threads....one for the games that week where you’ll make your picks, and another with the updated standings. For two weeks over the course of the season (the weeks of Feb 18 and Mar 4....each of the weeks we play UNC) you will be required to email me your picks, rather than putting them on the board. These two weeks are also double-points weeks, where you pick based off 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points and can accrue up to 42 points, rather than 21. I’ll make sure to post everyone’s picks for that week in the weekly thread prior to the first game. I’ll also send my picks those weeks to timo0402 and dukehokie to avoid any funny business.

We have a lot of new posters this year....great way to jump in, interact, talk smart and have some fun.

Season Winner will occupy the “Always satisfying DukieJayBilas guest chair” on the 5PointPlaypodcast after the season!

2018 - @jwill133
2017 - @Kobe #1
2016 - @VaBlueDevil33

(6) Duke over BC
(5) UNC over GT
(4) Clem over VT
(3) Miami over Pitt
(2) State over Cuse
(1) FSU over Wake

Dec 31-Jan 6
January 7-13
January 14-20
January 21-27
Jan 28-Feb 3
February 4-10
February 11-17
February 18-24
Feb 25-Mar 3

I'm in. Gave jwill run for his money last year. Lot's of fun. OFC

I've been thinking how great it is to have you back posting regularly again FTB. Give your amazing wife my best. OFC
Thank you! It’s good to be back and I most definitely will tell my wife. While she doesn’t post here, she does know about you all. I read her your guys posts wishing her well when she was in the hospital. It brought a smile to her face.

Just posted in your thread about your kidneys. Stay strong my friend and keep us posted!

Reactions: skysdad and Dad2ze
Show, In . QC and KY will probably lead for most of the weeks, then I'll take the lead in like week 9 and close week 10 out with a perfect score. Write it down.

Last edited:
Well, looks like this is a go again for this season. I'll get the week one games posted around the 29th or 30th. Looks like the first conference game will be on New Year's Day.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT