ADVERTISEMENT

College football thread

Maybe, but from what I keep hearing, Boston is a pro sports town the cares less about college sports. ECU would bring a lot more fans than does BC , which I doubt brings very many.
After I posted this, I googled it up. There is an article from SI tagged Boston Colleges footprint in the ACC is invisible. Take a look at it.

Maybe, but from what I keep hearing, Boston is a pro sports town the cares less about college sports. ECU would bring a lot more fans than does BC , which I doubt brings very many.
ECU fans maybe. Not a whole lot of Duke fans would be excited about playing ECU. To me WVA would be a better choice.

You are correct. It’s all about the “tv footprint”, however and actual tv ratings don’t matter as much as you think. It’s weird but ECU was never gonna happen. It does explain why big 12 had no interest in adding smu. We’ve already got the Dallas market they would say. I worry about a time after K is gone if Duke bball hits the skids well be in some sh— hole conference

Wv is a crap school that would be a hard sell to Tobacco Road
Actually , it was Va T that did not want them at the time. Now that Beemer is gone , maybe. I read once where he said that he would never take his team back there. Dont know what happened, but VaT did not want WVa in the conference. Actually , they would not be a bad addition. If ND ever comes in, the ACC will need another team also. Penn st has been mentioned , but the money diff would never let them come to the ACC>

Reactions: KDSTONE
Actually , it was Va T that did not want them at the time. Now that Beemer is gone , maybe. I read once where he said that he would never take his team back there. Dont know what happened, but VaT did not want WVa in the conference. Actually , they would not be a bad addition. If ND ever comes in, the ACC will need another team also. Penn st has been mentioned , but the money diff would never let them come to the ACC>
Actually they would. Be a terrible addition. Ask yourself this ? What would any other power 5 conf reaction be if it this sh— we’re brought up. Why not shoot for South Florida and Ga Southern? They would be wonderful additions to the acc as well. Put down the pipe my friend. I’m sure some wonderful people you know went to greensvilke and had a blast but it ain’t happening

Reactions: hpnole
Actually they would. Be a terrible addition. Ask yourself this ? What would any other power 5 conf reaction be if it this sh— we’re brought up. Why not shoot for South Florida and Ga Southern? They would be wonderful additions to the acc as well. Put down the pipe my friend. I’m sure some wonderful people you know went to greensvilke and had a blast but it ain’t happening
Ok, but I still think they would have been a better choice than BC.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Ok, but I still think they would have been a better choice than BC.
You’ve obv got your reasons but academics? X. Tradition? X. Acc gains little by adding ECU but whatever. Bc has not added much I’ll grant you that. When the sec added am and Missouri it was all about the sec has the St. Louis and Texas and kc markets and the acc fell for this line of thinking in a very reactionary manner Let’s get Boston and New York lol

I think BC has gotten worse in both basketball and football since they joined the league. I don't know if the two are related.

Boston is a great city and it would have been nice to have the ACC have a presence there, but the experiment failed miserably.

I think BC has gotten worse in both basketball and football since they joined the league. I don't know if the two are related.

Boston is a great city and it would have been nice to have the ACC have a presence there, but the experiment failed miserably.
You could say the same about Syracuse

Well Syracuse just made the sweet 16, so I'd say they are pretty relevant in basketball. They do stink in football.

Well Syracuse just made the sweet 16, so I'd say they are pretty relevant in basketball. They do stink in football.
By a fluke. But all in all we added the Orange for their basketball prowess and they have not delivered much like Miami and Blacksburg in football. But what ever Chris you should know I’m on pins and needles about game 6 tonight and don’t need you bringing facts into this

By a fluke. But all in all we added the Orange for their basketball prowess and they have not delivered much like Miami and Blacksburg in football. But what ever Chris you should know I’m on pins and needles about game 6 tonight and don’t need you bringing facts into this
I had high hopes for Miami in football. College football is still my number one sport to watch. I dont watch as much BB because all the good games dont start until late pm., Or so it seems.

Syracuse football is dominant compared to Duke's. And Syracuse basketball seems to do pretty well vs. Duke. So I guess if we compare them to Duke they aren't doing poorly.

I'm not sure Syracuse gives the ACC much attention in NYC though. Any more than Buffalo would.

Syracuse football is dominant compared to Duke's. And Syracuse basketball seems to do pretty well vs. Duke. So I guess if we compare them to Duke they aren't doing poorly.

I'm not sure Syracuse gives the ACC much attention in NYC though. Any more than Buffalo would.
Interesting point but duke and Tobacco Road are the acc Not Syracuse

In the current climate, the ACC can't survive being Tobacco Road centric. It doesn't have the football cache and basketball isn't king anymore even if Wake, State, UNX and Duke were all powers. Unfortunately, expanding northward didn't help a bit. So the Atlantic Coast is expanding west and needs to continue to do so.

Wake on upset alert against UNC. Ole Miss blowing out the flying Jerry Faldwells. Nebraska down to OSU, I imagine Frost is gone after this year. Georgia rolling along against Missouri.

I'm not one to point out sorry officials but the heels are getting screwed again. It's cost the heels at least four touch downs today. W.F. is getting by with both offensive and defensive holding. If I were mack brown I would be contacting the ACC officials office before I left the field of play win or lose. Pityful, just pityful. :) OFC

Georgia up 40-3. They have an amazing defense. OSU in a dogfight with Nebraska.

Last edited:
E
I'm not one to point out sorry officials but the heels are getting screwed again. It's cost the heels at least four touch downs today. W.F. is getting by with both offensive and defensive holding. If I were mack brown I would be contacting the ACC officials office before I left the field of play win or lose. Pityful, just pityful. :) OFC
Even the announcers are noticing it. Making comments about it. If I were a heel fan I wouldn't take it lying down.

Even the announcers are noticing it. Making comments about it. If I were a heel fan I wouldn't take it lying down.
W.F. was grabbing the on consecative runs including the touch down , then unc gets called for unsportsman like when clearly the W.F. player provoked it. Just looking at it from a heel fans perspective. OFC

Notre Dame up 17-3 after struggling with Navy early. That board is worse than ours ha. The sky was falling because it was 3-3 in the first quarter. I comment on there too as I am a ND football fan. I cheer for Duke too.

I don't comprehend the Wake Forest slow RPO. It's an invitation to drill the QB on every play. He never takes a hit. Howell took 35 hits today for UNC. He finally appeared to be hurt near the Wake goal line with 3 minutes left. He only missed one play. Amazing! If the rest of the Tar Heels were that tough, they would be in the top Ten

UNC has tremendous freshman talent at linebacker, defensive tackle and tight end. Can't believe that Mack hasn't adopted the youth movement. The freshman defensive linemen did play in the fourth quarter, and saved the game

I don't know if any of you are watching the Pitt/unc game but the Pitt officials are about as bad as I have ever seen. 1st quater barely over and at least 5 or 6 calls that went Pitts way. The play where howell was almost sacked for a safety the Pitt tackler grabbed howll by the base of the helmet and sufflexed him like Ric Flair did to his opponents. Pitt player should have been ejected. He could have broken howell's neck. mack brown needs to file a former protest with ACC officials. :);)OFC

Did anyone just see that play. chandler was just about to break one and the ref got in his way. What's that all about. Of course it would have been called back because unc got called for holding. OK so howell hits green for a td pass. mack still needs to file a protest. :)OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT