ADVERTISEMENT

College football thread

I had hopes that Cinn. might make the playoffs after their win over ND. I have watched them a couple of times, including today. They are not a playoff team. They should be blowing out Tulane. In fact, they have not been impressive since the ND win. Makes me wonder about ND. I keep hoping that UM will win, dont really know why. I just hope someone besides the Suckeyes win the big whatever.
And Indiana their other power 5 win is 2 and 6 so their hopes are fading unless more top 5 teams than usual have 2 losses

Georgia whupping Florida. Nebraska about to lose again. I am not a Duke football fan but yikes. The last 2 weeks they might be the worst team out there. Outscored 93-0 since their last score. Now 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE and hpnole
Georgia whupping Florida. Nebraska about to lose again. I am not a Duke football fan but yikes. The last 2 weeks they might be the worst team out there. Outscored 93-0 since their last score. Now 100.
Yup it seems that the Devils have quit on coach. Change soon He’s done an admirable job up until the last couple of years imho

you are right, they are really painful to watch, so I dont watch them much. Hopefully Cut will resign or retire maybe tomorrow . Guess that is too much to hope for.

I'm sitting here flipping channels between the W.S. and the cheater u /N.D. football game and can't believe that I'm pulling for N.D. . Well on second thought it's a no brainer. Go Irish. OFC

I'm sitting here flipping channels between the W.S. and the cheater u /N.D. football game and can't believe that I'm pulling for N.D. . Well on second thought it's a no brainer. Go Irish. OFC
Notre Dame refs appear to trump UNC refs. UNC punter was mauled. Play reviewed, and Notre Dame 60 yard return allowed to stand

I know that my Tar Heels get more than their share of calls, but Notre Dame at home is another level

With all due respect I'm shaking my head. We have a tar heel fan posting on a Duke basketball board complaining about the tar heel football team not getting the calls playing N.D. in football. I know you are a respectable poster on this board but I guess it just comes down to the fact you are a tar heel fan. You can't help it. It's your nature. OFC

With all due respect I'm shaking my head. We have a tar heel fan posting on a Duke basketball board complaining about the tar heel football team not getting the calls playing N.D. in football. I know you are a respectable poster on this board but I guess it just comes down to the fact you are a tar heel fan. You can't help it. It's your nature. OFC
You are correct, skysdad. UNC is a little faster than Notre Dame. It's pretty even in the trenches. I think UNC will win. 80% of the time, my Tar Heels get the calls, or at least are even. It's hard to win in South Bend. I don't think that the refs are on the take...but the calls seem to go in favor of Notre Dame

You are correct, skysdad. UNC is a little faster than Notre Dame. It's pretty even in the trenches. I think UNC will win. 80% of the time, my Tar Heels get the calls, or at least are even. It's hard to win in South Bend. I don't think that the refs are on the take...but the calls seem to go in favor of Notre Dame
Still shaking my head. OFC

Well the heels just got screwed again. Stevie Wonder could see that was a 1st down forthe heels. That may cost them the game. OFC

I have no better chance of winning this argument, than getting the close call in South Bend. I'll focus my comments on the Braves. Kyle Wright is down 2-0, but he is eating some innings

Reactions: KDSTONE and skysdad
ged, on a scale of 1 to 10 how disappointed are you with the fb team? What did you project this year? Not trying to needle you just curious
Furious! The freshman Tight Ends will play in the NFL, but they get a combined 20 snaps per game. Downs is the only WR you have to cover. There are four highly recruited WRs being redshirted. The freshmen linebackers should transfer tonight. They are truly spectacular. Vince Young must be talented beyond comprehension. John Bunting probably would have won tonight. Notre Dame eked out a 32-29 home win against Toledo. They were plain vanilla tonight, yet scored 44

GED’s posts are always welcome!
I'm just amazed that Sam Howell remains healthy. Thanks for the thumbs up . I think that I'm generally positive, but I'm banned on the UNC sites. You're kind to allow me to vent here. I'm thrilled that Theo John is healthy, and giving Duke basketball just what it needs. I think that Mark Williams is incredible. You have a three-headed monster in the post.

I had hopes that Cinn. might make the playoffs after their win over ND. I have watched them a couple of times, including today. They are not a playoff team. They should be blowing out Tulane. In fact, they have not been impressive since the ND win. Makes me wonder about ND. I keep hoping that UM will win, dont really know why. I just hope someone besides the Suckeyes win the big whatever.
I’ve noticed two things in the few minutes I could stomach the SEC recap show this am: 1) the powers that be will hold Cincy’s 19 point win vs Tulane against them even though OU beat same team by a td and 2) no one ever mentions that Cincy led Georgia in the bowl game last year until the last minute. Homers Doering and Chyzuk didn’t have bearcats in their top 6😂

I’ve noticed two things in the few minutes I could stomach the SEC recap show this am: 1) the powers that be will hold Cincy’s 19 point win vs Tulane against them even though OU beat same team by a td and 2) no one ever mentions that Cincy led Georgia in the bowl game last year until the last minute. Homers Doering and Chyzuk didn’t have bearcats in their top 6😂
I have seen them as high as number 2 in some polls. I doubt they are that good, but they certainly belong in the top 5 or 6. This would have been a good year to have had 8 in the playoffs, or at least more than 4. I am always a little confused when Suckeye U is rated above OU who beat them on their home field. I would like to see Cincy make the playoffs and by the end of the year they might well be in the top 4. Strength of schedule will probably hurt them . If you look at OU.s sos it aint exactly a killer either and they have had trouble with some teams they should not have had trouble with, I keep hoping someone will beat them. Every year the powers that be in the press fawn all over them, they they get their asses kicked as soon as they play someone with a defense. Guess that why the got the nickname Chokelahoma.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I have seen them as high as number 2 in some polls. I doubt they are that good, but they certainly belong in the top 5 or 6. This would have been a good year to have had 8 in the playoffs, or at least more than 4. I am always a little confused when Suckeye U is rated above OU who beat them on their home field. I would like to see Cincy make the playoffs and by the end of the year they might well be in the top 4. Strength of schedule will probably hurt them . If you look at OU.s sos it aint exactly a killer either and they have had trouble with some teams they should not have had trouble with, I keep hoping someone will beat them. Every year the powers that be in the press fawn all over them, they they get their asses kicked as soon as they play someone with a defense. Guess that why the got the nickname Chokelahoma.
Yup. Checked ou schedule and they’ve beaten five Unranked teams by 7 or less and Kansas by 12. My favorite is the experts will always use the argument against the group of 5 that the committee doesn’t want a blowout in the semi. Lol ou and Notre dame Washington have all been dominated in the semis. Though ou did give ga a great game Bakers year

Yeah, somehow I couldn't see you pulling for the Tarholes. I wouldn't pull for them against Moscow tech, if there were such a school.

Now Moscow Tech v. Notre Dame, I'd have to think about that one...

Reactions: hpnole
Now Moscow Tech v. Notre Dame, I'd have to think about that one...
I don't have that much of a problem with ND, depending on who they are playing. I just wish they would either get all in or all out of the ACC. I would really like to see them and one more team come in, maybe ECU. I wish the acc would have taken ECU instead of BC. I cannot see that BC brings anything to the table for the ACC. ECU on the other hand, would bring a lot of fans.

I guess this is the best way to sum it up. I'm a Duke fan. I can't help it. It's my nature. I am what I am. OFC
skysdad, the most excited I ever was for a season was UNC basketball preseason 1994. UNC returned much of the 1993 title team. UNC played the Russian National team in November. No television. I listened on the radio. The Hall of fame Russian coach, Alexander Gomelsky (sp) after the game in broken English said #30, he run like deer, # 30 I would love to coach for one day!. Oh well, it didn't work out, but we beat the Russians that day

Reactions: KDSTONE and skysdad
I don't have that much of a problem with ND, depending on who they are playing. I just wish they would either get all in or all out of the ACC. I would really like to see them and one more team come in, maybe ECU. I wish the acc would have taken ECU instead of BC. I cannot see that BC brings anything to the table for the ACC. ECU on the other hand, would bring a lot of fans.
Boston College is an elite academic institution with a pretty impressive athletics history. It made sense to add them, but it hasn't worked at all

Boston College is an elite academic institution with a pretty impressive athletics history. It made sense to add them, but it hasn't worked at all
Agree but I understand the reasoning. I’d still rather have them than ECU. Let’s keep in mind that ECU is in the same conference as Tulane and Temple. The academics is key though; there’s no one in the acc comparable in that regard. Sone may scoff but even Clemson FSU and State are nationally ranked public universities now There are no embarrassments in the A CC anymore The Presidents of the ACC would not offer ECU in a million years. That said BC Syr and Pitt have been disappointments overall.

Reactions: Dave Vass
BC brings TV revenue due to Boston area. ECU in the hinterlands and would not contribute much financially, if anything.

You may be being shortsighted here. Adding ECU could add that lucrative New Bern and Wrightsville Beach market
Maybe, but from what I keep hearing, Boston is a pro sports town the cares less about college sports. ECU would bring a lot more fans than does BC , which I doubt brings very many.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT