ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K and Boozer with some words for the team

Its cool to see but also hard to maintain a brotherhood when players only stay one year. The selflessness and understanding Boozer developed with team mates and the relationship with Coach K were over several years vs less than the 12 months that players stay today...maybe some of them will see that and stay in the program longer...but that hasnt been the trend in years.

Boozer told them if they come back for their sophomore seasons they can win a natty. Whitehead, Flip, Mitchell and Proctor all agreed. Great news.
(that was a joke)

Its cool to see but also hard to maintain a brotherhood when players only stay one year. The selflessness and understanding Boozer developed with team mates and the relationship with Coach K were over several years vs less than the 12 months that players stay today...maybe some of them will see that and stay in the program longer...but that hasnt been the trend in years.
True. Both sides benefit, but this is a farce at this point. They shouldn’t even have to go to class; they’re mercenaries at this point.

It’s cool to see but also hard to maintain a brotherhood when players only stay one year. The selflessness and understanding Boozer developed with team mates and the relationship with Coach K were over several years vs less than the 12 months that players stay today...maybe some of them will see that and stay in the program longer...but that hasnt been the trend in years.
I disagree. There is no minimum year requirement to be apart of the Brotherhood. Im glad some of those OAD’s were apart of Duke’s programs because if this was 2001, they would have gone straight to the NBA. Not their fault the NBA requires one year out of HS.

I get everyone is pissed we didn’t win more natty’s with the OAD talent we amassed, but I’m also old enough to remember when we couldn’t get past the Sweet 16 WITHOUT any OAD’s. So, when you put it into perspective, the OAD’s have elevated the Duke program and made Duke a cool destination again. Also, K landing more OAD’s blunted Calipari’s success and the fans are ready to run him out of town 🤣

I don't think anyone has problems with the winning. We are in the hunt almost every year, which is about all you can ask for. For me it's the yearly roster turnover. Next year we should get a few guys back. Getting guys back and building a team that way is just something I would rather watch. And a lot of our guys don't seem terribly interested in going to college. Not that I blame them. But it seems like most of our guys jump at the NBA first chance it is reasonably possible. Maybe NIL will change that. I do get irritated seeing other teams second round potential pics come back every year. That's why I like seeing guys like Young, Grandison and Catchings working on their Masters. Because it is college basketball. Otherwise I'd just watch the NBA.

Last edited:
NIL , IMO won’t stop kids leaving for the league. It’s just the state of college sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT