ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K’s NCAA Tournament wins

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
IF we win our 6th NCAA Championship this season, K will have 100 NCAA Tournament wins. To put that in perspective, only four other schools have 100+ NCAA Tournament wins:

Kentucky 126
UNC 124
Kansas 107
UCLA 101
Coach K 100 (I’m speaking it into existence)

If that happens which I believe that it will then Coach K will have won 42.7% of the NCAAT games that have been played since he’s been at Duke.

Last edited:
He will have won 78% (100-29) or .775
You’re right. I worded my post wrong. I had just woken up so I’m using that as my excuse. What I meant was that he will have won 42.7% of the total NCAAT games that have been played since he’s been coaching at Duke

Reactions: Quavarius
You’re right. I worded my post wrong. I had just woken up so I’m using that as my excuse. What I meant was that he will have won 42.7% of the total NCAAT games that have been played since he’s been coaching at Duke

It sounds like you’re saying the same as before. I’m confused, lol.

It sounds like you’re saying the same as before. I’m confused, lol.
Ok let’s see if I can word it better. Including this season since Coach K has been at Duke there will have been 234 NCAAT games played, if we win the title this season then Coach K will have 100 NCAAT wins which is 42.7% of the total NCAAT games that have been played since he’s been at Duke, I didn’t include the play-in games in the total games played. I wasn’t saying that he’s won 42.7% of the NCAAT games that he’s coached in. Like I said, I had just woken up when I made my OP so I worded my OP wrong due to my brain not being focused yet. lol

IF we win our 6th NCAA Championship this season, K will have 100 NCAA Tournament wins. To put that in perspective, only four other schools have 100+ NCAA Tournament wins:

Kentucky 126
UNC 124
Kansas 107
UCLA 101
Coach K 100 (I’m speaking it into existence)
Wikipedia says Duke has a total of 111. That’s a good chunk of K’s doing.

Ok let’s see if I can word it better. Including this season since Coach K has been at Duke there will have been 234 NCAAT games played, if we win the title this season then Coach K will have 100 NCAAT wins which is 42.7% of the total NCAAT games that have been played since he’s been at Duke, I didn’t include the play-in games in the total games played. I wasn’t saying that he’s won 42.7% of the NCAAT games that he’s coached in. Like I said, I had just woken up when I made my OP so I worded my OP wrong due to my brain not being focused yet. lol

NOW I GOT YA!

I think you are off by a factor of 10. There are 63 NCAAT games each year (not counting play-ins). Over 39 years, that is 2,457 games. 100 wins would account for 4% of the total games played - which is still a great statistic!

I think you are off by a factor of 10. There are 63 NCAAT games each year (not counting play-ins). Over 39 years, that is 2,457 games. 100 wins would account for 4% of the total games played - which is still a great statistic!
Dangit maybe I should just delete my posts. I was thinking rounds. My brain just doesn’t work well after wake up. Lol

Reactions: Moserati
I was also going by each team can play up to 6 games in each NCAAT (not counting the play-in games) so that would be 234 games over the 39 seasons that Coach K has been at Duke. lol

Kentucky 126
UNC 124
Kansas 107
UCLA 101
Coach K *100 (I’m speaking it into existence)

It's a damn shame there is going to be an asterisk beside that number.

* Easiest path to victory every tournament

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT