ADVERTISEMENT

Can we please stop...

I honestly beleive that was a form of sarcasm that was on the rival board and grew legs. I seriously doubt any 5 star Duke player said anything to Maye like that. As much hate that duke gets if they sneeze wrong, this would of been all over every sports network known to man.
Could just be a rumor. I didn't read it on a rival board, however. I've actually only even been over there like twice ever.

I think most of it is jest or mocking how UNCheat fans talk about him. Same goes for what rational Cheat fans say about some Duke players.

Luke is an athlete that has made the most of his God given talents which are limited in comparison to many others. Is he a Zion? Of course not. But he gives it his all and that should be appreciated by all sports fans. Whether you want his team to win or lose the lesson of being the best you can be is humbling and admired. Yes, he will have his hands full against Zion next round but give him credit for his effort.

Could just be a rumor. I didn't read it on a rival board, however. I've actually only even been over there like twice ever.

I saw this on twitter from an ESPN reporter. I think it’s BS. Quote wasn’t attributed to anybody specifically and it never named names. I personally think a fan said it to him and it got relayed to the reporter in some form of story. There is no way in hell that quote came from one of our guys. Rest assured, if it had, a unc player would have outted the Duke player, imo.

... talking trash about Luke Maye? The kid was not some five star player, but came in and got 30 and 15 last night. He hit that huge shot against UK. He has won a national title. And he’s done it all without the physical gifts of a guy like Zion. So can we just stop talking about him like he is some chump?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D NO! He sucks!

My mother always taught me not to hate anyone. I don’t hate any of the players on unx. Well I did hate one, and still do. Hint: he traveled a lot and never got called for a foul. It’s the ignorant fans I deal with everyday that make me despise everything about that cesspool of a university.

If most of us are being honest, we’d all take him. Prior to last night, even.

I remember when I was laughed off this board for saying Luke would average a double double his sophomore year, weeks before the season started.

He's just not flashy and lots of fans want flashy. I'd take him in a heartbeat, even before most everyone realized he was a very good player.

Tar hole boards have talked him up so much with the Larry Bird comparisons and “ Will he leave early “ crap we have to respond. He will end up in the Japanese B league like Kennedy Meeks due to lack of athleticism.

I wish Duke had a Luke Maye type in our rotation. That kid can flat out play basketball the right way.

Who cares where Maye's career ends up professionally, he's won 3 of 4 against us. Duke has sent ton of guys to NBA past 3 years and don't have a single Final four to show for it.

Reactions: DukefanKY
My impression is that we make fun of the way UNC fans make him out to be Zion times 2. The guy is a nice player, although until this week he's regressed a little this year, but his fans think he's all world.

Lol I swear some people's minds here change every time the wind blows. When he has a hard time going up against athletic players, he gets hammered here. Then when he has a great game, which I'll say was because Zion was out, then he get his own stop trashing Luke thread. One thing for sure, there's never a dull moment here lol.

Reactions: dbav
I'm hoping soon that this thead is locked. I among a lot us us have recognized that big luke maye is a fine college basketball player and has worked really hard to achieve what he has accomplished. Enough is enough. This thread is way to long for praising a tar heel. We admit he's a fine ball player etc. etc. and etc. He gets away with a lot of crap though just like hansbrough did. He had a absolutely awesome game Wed. because no one was guarding him. I think I could have hit 6 or 7 of the layups he was getting. I will continue to poke for of him the rest of his college career and probably for seasons to go. OFC

Tar hole boards have talked him up so much with the Larry Bird comparisons and “ Will he leave early “ crap we have to respond. He will end up in the Japanese B league like Kennedy Meeks due to lack of athleticism.

To be fair, only one guy does that on our board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT