ADVERTISEMENT

Be merciful...

Apr 3, 2008
With IU's pathetic defense and propensity for turning the ball over it won't be pretty for the Hoosiers on Wednesday. Hoping they hold it under 20 points

We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in Cameron, in competition, A team confronts you, they are the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy. What is the problem, scribe???
The problem is our coach

Just stating my opinion, no offense meant. Good luck on Wednesday! I hope the Hoosiers make it interesting

A double-digit game would really surprise me. Indiana hasn't played very well, but they have the personnel to be very dangerous, and there are going to be times this year where they are focused and really put it together. I think playing in Cameron on national TV will be one of those times where their focus is on point. Duke will see the best possible version of Indiana, even if Indiana fans are frustrated that they don't see that version often enough. I expect a battle.

Until we have consistent point guard play and more than just Grayson shows up every night, I'm worried about every game, especially big games like this one. This team doesn't have a killer instinct yet and is very inconsistent on defense.

Reactions: Dattier
IU will battle the best they can, but Crean will be extremely outcoached by K. This is as big a mismatch you could ever find. Duke 85 IU 69

Until we have consistent point guard play and more than just Grayson shows up every night, I'm worried about every game, especially big games like this one. This team doesn't have a killer instinct yet and is very inconsistent on defense.

I know that you mean we need more of our guards playing well than just Grayson, but have to mention just as a sidebar - Amile and Marshall have showed up every game.

Reactions: Dattier
I know that you mean we need more of our guards playing well than just Grayson, but have to mention just as a sidebar - Amile and Marshall have showed up every game.

Hopefully, Sunday's game is a precursor to how this team will develop and play throughout the year on a consistent basis. With that said, I fully expect Indiana to give us their best shot. This will be a battle.

Really don't think you will find anyone here falling for the big rout. The Hoosiers will show up and play probably their best game to date! This could be a big early season turnaround for them. Beat Duke @ Cameron, stop their non-conference win streak, and get a big early season win over a ranked team. Pretty good lift for the Hoosiers, and I know how frustrated you fans are, and hopefully, after Duke (;)), you will have a good season. I have always liked the Hoosiers, but they have to work through this, just like Duke has to work through their youth this year.
If "K" were to read your post, he would scoff at it, and trust me, Duke will not take the Hoosiers for granted! Good Luck.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I agree with the posters that think this will be a tough game. This is a season changing game for Indiana if they could pull it off. 120 game non-conference win streak on the line. Duke will have to play well to win.

OFC

They have strong PG play which could present a problem for us. I think it will be a close game as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT