ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball assistant coaches arrested

Again, one scandal does not mean we were involved in another one. Forget the reason why the top 10 aren't coming to chapel hill we've beaten that dead horse 100 times. I also never believed the academic scandal and this pay for play scheme were the only reasons for the lapse in recruiting.

But you're throwing out insinuations without any probably way of backing it up. As of now, there is no reason to believe Carolina was doing what those other schools were. And you know it.

Top talent has played at Duke for years, better talent since around 2013, am I automatically supposed to assume you all were cheating to get those players? Having top talent isn't a quantifier to whether someone was involved in this scam. I'm not on a high horse, but I certainly think you are.

What? Everyone knows it started in football. Correction. It was DISCOVERED in football. Scandal? Started by Dean , started in roundball.

No one knows whether Dean knew or not. In any case, you tried to tie this scandal to Carolina basketball and you didn't. You're not exactly objective here.

No one knows whether Dean knew or not. In any case, you tried to tie this scandal to Carolina basketball and you didn't. You're not exactly objective here.

Yeah ,we do. AFAM was HIS baby. You tell me , dude. What business does a ball coach have creating curriculums? Bob Lee , btw , is a unx alum...

DIf3LptWsAESwG0.jpg

DIf3LpoXgAELgJ_.jpg

DKlCGwJXoAAn9Rt.jpg

DKlCGwJW0AE1ljW.jpg

Back when the story first broke about the UNC scandal my cousin in law told be about how his sister told him multiple stories about athletes being dumb as rocks and taking easy classes when she was at UNC in the early 90’s which is when it was eventually revealed that was when the scandal began.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
There is no difference between recruiting OAD's and "selling out." Ya either want 'em or ya don't. Roy does. He said so. This "he'd only take one or two" spiel is nonsense. Just like any coach , he'll take the best guys he can. Heck , he goes deeper into his bench than K does so numbers aren't a problem. Geez Louise , Roy "sold ou.t" a long time ago anyway...as did his mentor. So what is it now , B-Rad? He turned a blind eye to the worst scandal in NCAA history that didn't involve pedophelia but he draws the line at the number of OAD's he chases? That's laughable. Oh and he did such a remarkable job "developing" players that the last NBA All-Stars that came from unx were named Carter and Jamison. Lol. He didn't produce at KU beyond Paul Pierce and ( maybe ) Kirk Heinrich. THAT is a huge reason his recruiting is down. All those guys have peers. They were all rated highly. Thing is , only Roy's stayed. Wow. Poor Roy. Worst luck in the world. Every other Burger Boy bolts. His? Nope. Lol. Oh yeah. "Development." BWAHAHAHAHA!

There's a huge difference between recruiting them and selling out, Selling out means every year you're basically dependent on those recruits coming in. Even as a Duke fan you should be able to acknowledge that ol' Roy wouldn't let a freshman start over a junior or senior. Pretty sure all of y'all would agree to that. lmao.that is one of the knocks y'all seem to toss out on him. "The worst scandal in NCAA history" bloody hell. Guys I'll explain this super slow for you. Colleges ALL OVER THE COUNTRY have classes solely for athletes. Incase you're illiterate that mean ONLY athletes can take those classes. Was AFAM easy? Yeah I can admit that. But it was for the ENTIRE student body. If you still have this insane thought that the NCAA can do anything at all to UNC you should kill it right now. By the NCAAs own bylaws they can't touch UNC. And pedophilia? What the? I didn't know Roy had anything to do with #PizzaGate. Well even I can stand for that shit, I expect you to cover to my 6 while we deal with this. Roy may not create the all-star type player, but he does create players that find a niche in the NBA and end up making a lot of money. Hell Danny Green was just voted NBA all defensive 2nd team this year. And NBA all stars who was your last? Kyrie Irving? He played 11 games for Duke bro. Don't act like he's and NBA all star because of K. Well he developed last years team enough to win UNC it's 6th National Championship in basketball UNC 6 > Duke 5. You're tied with Indiana. Eww...

Yeah ,we do. AFAM was HIS baby. You tell me , dude. What business does a ball coach have creating curriculums? Bob Lee , btw , is a unx alum...

DIf3LptWsAESwG0.jpg

DIf3LpoXgAELgJ_.jpg

DKlCGwJXoAAn9Rt.jpg

DKlCGwJW0AE1ljW.jpg

Good job DJ! Man thats like Lucas McCain opening fire at the start of "The Rifleman." They don't like that scandal, even the "good people." Lol....

OFC

Last edited:
I'd be stunned if Duke or UNC paid players to attend. Every program has taken a dip at some point while these two programs continue to churn out national titles. The prestige of playing at Duke or UNC outweighs the money other programs offer.
Don't be so sure. Pete Bell was winning titles and had prestige, but we all know what happened at Western University.

I knew it. unx fan thinks scandal is about "easy classes." unc's accreditation agency put them on probation for ACADEMIC FRAUD and failure to control the athletic dept. unx AGREED with 'em in their response. SACS doesn't do that for "easy classes." In fact , unx is the ONLY Tier 1 Research University to get sanctioned as such. Hang a banner. Lol. Probation is a much bigger deal in that situation which is why unx didn't screw around with SACS the way they have with the NCAA. The next sanction beyond probation is gettin' your accreditation pulled. That happens and unx closes its doors. You had little credibility before but coming on here and saying this is only about "easy classes" sealed the deal. Idiots like Bethel and Byerz have convinced unx fans they haven't done anything wrong...all evidence to the contrary. Ask Dr. Ridpath. Ask Dr. Gurney. Objective educators will tell ya the truth. unx is the worst scandal in NCAA history...it is much more than "easy dadgum they-did-the-work-assigned-to-'em classes."

Oh yeah. Roy's so desperate to win that he'll turn a blind eye to a decades-old cheating scandal but he won't take 5 OAD's. Lol. Please. If OAD's are so bad , why take any? That's like sayin' , "Roy would rob a bank but he wouldn't rob Ft. Knox." Lol. He knew about the cheating ( unx fball player Tydreke Powell: "You know he know." ) and only had Wayne Walden remove guy's outta AFAM when the heat turned up. Starting 5 vs Gonzaga? TWO majors...COMM & EXSS. Still cheating. unx just moved the "clustering" from one place to another. Reckon ol' Roy woulda had an issue if his guys all majored in , say , Math? Or Science? I doubt it. At the very least , 05 and 09 are tainted and should come down. Both had same issues...ineligible players. "Easy classes." That's a hoot.

Great thread. So UNC'ers claim they do nothing wrong but Duke cheats b/c Louisville scandal broke and it just has to be going on in Durham as well. Yup, makes sense.

Great thread. So UNC'ers claim they do nothing wrong but Duke cheats b/c Louisville scandal broke and it just has to be going on in Durham as well. Yup, makes sense.
You ought to see some of them do math...it's amazing stuff.

I knew it. unx fan thinks scandal is about "easy classes." unc's accreditation agency put them on probation for ACADEMIC FRAUD and failure to control the athletic dept. unx AGREED with 'em in their response. SACS doesn't do that for "easy classes." In fact , unx is the ONLY Tier 1 Research University to get sanctioned as such. Hang a banner. Lol. Probation is a much bigger deal in that situation which is why unx didn't screw around with SACS the way they have with the NCAA. The next sanction beyond probation is gettin' your accreditation pulled. That happens and unx closes its doors. You had little credibility before but coming on here and saying this is only about "easy classes" sealed the deal. Idiots like Bethel and Byerz have convinced unx fans they haven't done anything wrong...all evidence to the contrary. Ask Dr. Ridpath. Ask Dr. Gurney. Objective educators will tell ya the truth. unx is the worst scandal in NCAA history...it is much more than "easy dadgum they-did-the-work-assigned-to-'em classes."

Again, what on earth does the academic scandal at unc have to do with that's going on right now with the federal investigation? You're completely misconstruing my point here.

And btw, I don't make any assumptions simply because I hate Duke. Until definitive proof comes out, there's no reason to suspect any wrongdoing. But would it surprise me if every D1 school bent the rules one way or the other? Nope. Especially the blue bloods.

You took this subject and turned into something unrelated to it. You come across as someone who hates Carolina more than he likes Duke.

Again, what on earth does the academic scandal at unc have to do with that's going on right now with the federal investigation?

That's easy, it's another scandal that we hope you will be involved in because we don't like your school. Many are hoping one is related to the other. You cheated in one respect, perhaps you cheated in another.

If you did not want fandom to cloud the issue, you should not have come to another school's board.

That's easy, it's another scandal that we hope you will be involved in because we don't like your school. Many are hoping one is related to the other. You cheated in one respect, perhaps you cheated in another.

If you did not want fandom to cloud the issue, you should not have come to another school's board.

Alright fair enough. But don't cry foul if many our fans feel the same, or think Capel is somehow crooked. The difference is, despite my dislike of your team I don't make unfounded accusations. All I'm trying to say.

Alright fair enough. But don't cry foul if many our fans feel the same, or think Capel is somehow crooked. The difference is, despite my dislike of your team I don't make unfounded accusations. All I'm trying to say.

Understood. I'm not making any accusations in that regard. I already believe your school cheated for other reasons.

That being said, I'm happy to cry foul because we aren't currently involved in the investigation into another fraud situation. It's one thing to say cheaters will be cheaters, it's another to send out those unfounded accusations without context. With UNCheat, there is some context to lay the groundwork.

That being said, for the time being, I highly doubt UNCheat was involved with this.

Understood. I'm not making any accusations in that regard. I already believe your school cheated for other reasons.

That being said, I'm happy to cry foul because we aren't currently involved in the investigation into another fraud situation. It's one thing to say cheaters will be cheaters, it's another to send out those unfounded accusations without context. With UNCheat, there is some context to lay the groundwork.

That being said, for the time being, I highly doubt UNCheat was involved with this.
Absolutely, and to be fair, I don't believe CB34 is doing that at all and I'm fine with UNC fans foaming at the mouth on their site, but when some come over here and try and throw out these ridiculous scenarious and then pretend to be unbiased you aren't getting very far.

Reactions: dbav

I highly doubt we were involved as well. It would just be a double whammy at that point if we were. I wouldn't mind losing banners or wins at that stage simply because it's shameful. No blue blood needs to cheat to be successful.

I'm just of the mindset that one area of misconduct doesn't mean you're involved in another. Duke fans are going to assume the worst, I get that. But I also believe in innocence before proven guilty.

You come across as someone who hates Carolina more than he likes Duke.

Come on CB McGrath 34, thats as old as molasses. But we do hate your school- anybody who's had to play against an uneven playing field because of the corrupt system started under Dean Smith in college athletics has very little use for it....Devil DJ always eats your lunch.....

OFC

I highly doubt we were involved as well. It would just be a double whammy at that point if we were. I wouldn't mind losing banners or wins at that stage simply because it's shameful. No blue blood needs to cheat to be successful.

I'm just of the mindset that one area of misconduct doesn't mean you're involved in another. Duke fans are going to assume the worst, I get that. But I also believe in innocence before proven guilty.

I'm good with that, I'm just saying of people come here and say "Bagley reclassified and you've had success recruiting, so you must be involved"., then it's even easier to say "you're already cheating, so you must be cheating this way".

Either way, I like facts.

"BINGO!"

OFC

I'm good with that, I'm just saying of people come here and say "Bagley reclassified and you've had success recruiting, so you must be involved"., then it's even easier to say "you're already cheating, so you must be cheating this way".

Either way, I like facts.

As do I.

I can't speak to the Bagley situation. And so far nothing has come out that would indicate anything illegal happened.

Pete Bell is more like Dean because he started cheating when he could no longer compete on a level playing field.The AFAM nonsense started when K won back to back championships.His desire to keep his spot on top overcame any sense of right or wrong

Thats the general consenus for the timeline Topps....Dean was desperate to match K's back to back and brought in the SCHOLARLY trio of McGinnis, Stackhouse and Wallace...AFAM was thriving in UNC HOOPS!

OFC

Last edited:
RR is hoping so hard that Duke gets busted in this scandal. I’ve lost count of how many different threads they’ve started about how much they hope/want Duke to get busted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT