ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball assistant coaches arrested

It looks like Adidas is the company involved. If their executive wants to reduce some of those federal charges there are a lot of schools he could screw.

It would be kind of funny if UNC beat out Arizona for the services of Nassir Little and/or Simi Shittu, due to Arizona running a corrupt program.

Reactions: jeans15
If the allegations are true, Louisville's program is toast. 2013 Title will be vacated, Pitino will be fired, and I suspect there's a good chance that they receive the death penalty. Louisville is on much, much shakier ground than Carolina.

Yikes, this looks horrible for Louisville. Or I guess you could say, "It's Tuesday."

No one should be shocked that shoe companies and donors are paying top players. It's easily worth the risk and the NCAA does almost nothing to monitor things. College sports are all about the money, baby. The branding has gotten crazy.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I bet Coach K's angle on top recruits is something like: "Let the mid level guys fight it out for the risky 6 figure checks. Come to Duke for just a scholarship and we'll help you earn the 7 figure checks."

This is big time. It seems to reach not only to Adidas schools, but also to kids who played on the Adidas AAU circuit. The dominoes will begin to fall, and it will be interesting to see what schools get outed as part of this. I hope Duke and Texas (the two schools I care about) make it out clean.

I hope UNC gets that dude because I think the Crazies would have some fun with that.

I really hope they get him. Worth the fun the crazies and this board will have. The wheels are already turning. If hof coach roy williams comes out and says " I don't give a @^$# about Shittu " then all it goes down the toilet. OFC

I hope UNC gets that dude because I think the Crazies would have some fun with that.
Yes they would have fun with Shittu, but I hear he's a real player. Then again, with that name he better be.

Is anybody really surprised by this? I feel like there are a lot more programs out there that just haven't been caught yet

I can’t help but be slightly worried but that’s just my nature. I’m overly anxious. I don’t care about any other program or what happens. I just want comfort in knowing Duke is fine. I keep telling myself, if Duke was involved it would already be out there. I think all the blue bloods should be slightly worried right now though.

When there is widespread corruption coming to light, everyone has to be a bit nervous. I mean, best case scenario is the people you trust are running a clean, tight ship and nothing comes of it.

Reactions: skysdad
Louisville about to get the axe they have long deserved. I'm sure Jay Bilas will cry how nothing wrong was done by anything.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
I can’t help but be slightly worried but that’s just my nature. I’m overly anxious. I don’t care about any other program or what happens. I just want comfort in knowing Duke is fine. I keep telling myself, if Duke was involved it would already be out there. I think all the blue bloods should be slightly worried right now though.

I get the feeling that if Duke were involved, that would be the headline.

I get the feeling that if Duke were involved, that would be the headline.
That’s what I’m thinking but still just can’t help but feeling worried. I also read somewhere that this was the only tip of the iceberg and that there is more to come.

I am not worried, and will be SHOCKED if Duke is involved.... If I end up wrong, I will admit it, but for now....I am not concerned.

Reactions: dbav
If I had influence in anyway at Duke I would make darn sure every thing is straight. You know everyone is looking foe Duke to trip up. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
This isn't altogether shocking. There have been rumors about this stuff for years. We will see what happens, but I think this is going to have long reaching effects on the game.

Why the animosity toward Kansas? Just curious. I thought they were one of the programs that does things the "right way." Enlighten me.
OFC

The legal troubles and off the court issues they have had for the last 10 years or so is one reason I do not care for them to this day. Some of the players they recruit are not players I would typically like to see at Duke

Why the animosity toward Kansas? Just curious. I thought they were one of the programs that does things the "right way." Enlighten me.
OFC
Have you met Kansas fans? I have met a bunch. I swear every one of them dreams of getting a "Wait Til Basketball Season" tatoo and almost to a person they DIDN'T go to school there.
I think Bill Self is one hell of a coach. Kansas fans are like 3rd graders.

I think the risk to a school like Duke is if a heralded player like a one and done, took money before enrolling in school and the deal didn't involve the coaches at all. It involved just the shoe company or agent. The school would have played an ineligible player and be subject to NCAA penalty. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg and who knows what will turn up with the FBI subpoena power and prison sentences possible.

Have you met Kansas fans? I have met a bunch. I swear every one of them dreams of getting a "Wait Til Basketball Season" tatoo and almost to a person they DIDN'T go to school there.
I think Bill Self is one hell of a coach. Kansas fans are like 3rd graders.
OK. Thanks. Not many Kansas fans in NY or GA, where I live. Did meet a K-State fan while deer hunting in Kansas, and he seemed OK. He was the only guy who wanted to watch football instead of the Outdoor Channel.
"Wait 'til basketball season" applied to Duke too!!!!
OFC

OK. Thanks. Not many Kansas fans in NY or GA, where I live. Did meet a K-State fan while deer hunting in Kansas, and he seemed OK. He was the only guy who wanted to watch football instead of the Outdoor Channel.
"Wait 'til basketball season" applied to Duke too!!!!
OFC

Love me some deer hunting in Kansas. I got a few 160 class whitetails there. K State fans are much better in my opinion too. I should know, I lived there for the first 19 years of my life :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT