ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies and a couple game thoughts

Nov 26, 2015
First off, being new to the board I would like to apologize for the minutes thread rant following Saturday's game....was just a bad day and I am a very big Kennard fan. Probably watched him play 20 times in HS, have met him personally, want to see Duke and him succeed. No excuse though, my sincere apologies.

On to tonight's game. FSU is really, really good. They are talented, athletic, strong, and deep. They quite simply put a beat down on Duke tonight. About my only gigantic frustration in watching the game is that Duke got absolutely destroyed, I mean destroyed in the paint and Capel not once in the second half said enough is enough and went zone. You have to try it against them because clearly man was not working. No adjustments....that's disappointing. Also, Tatum is a very talented player but he has one foot in the league right now and is just not a team player....way too much isolation/one on one to please the scouts but his piece of the puzzle towards winning team basketball is awful.

I'm certainly not going to throw in the towel on Duke but there are some serious red flags being waived right now.....they are not a very good basketball team at the moment and the freshman are just not living up to the hype. Injuries have certainly played a huge part in all of this (how badly did they miss Amile tonight??) but there is way too much talent to play this poorly. They can still right the ship and make a run in March but they very easily could be trying to make their run as a 5-7 seed the way things are looking now. That's tough. Oh well, on to the next one, hopefully a win at Louisville. Go Duke!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT