ADVERTISEMENT

A little off- season trivia gang!

In the movie A League of Their Own" which player who made the throwing error did Mgr. Jimmy Duggan tell "there's no crying in baseball." OFC

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino are two living legends of acting. That said, they've only shared the screen on four occasions. Can anyone name the films they've starred in together?

Goodfellas is damn classic though. Raging Bull, love De Niro's performance, but there's always been something that turned me off about that movie.

Godfather II
Heat
The Irishman
The other one I can’t remember the name, but it’s a cop movie with 50 Cent.

You got it! Close enough. "Righteous Kill" is the film, and it's a tremendous letdown. Love the other three though! The Godfather Part II is one of the best sequels all time, better than the original in my opinion. The Irishman was criminally underrated last year and shut out with no wins at the Oscars. Heat is probably the greatest crime drama ever made and was the inspiration for Nolan's "The Dark Knight", which is incidentally the best comic book film ever imo. Heat is a movie I watch at least 3-5 times a year actually. Anyway, I've ranted about movies enough, you're up!

Reactions: GillJET
You got it! Close enough. "Righteous Kill" is the film, and it's a tremendous letdown. Love the other three though! The Godfather Part II is one of the best sequels all time, better than the original in my opinion. The Irishman was criminally underrated last year and shut out with no wins at the Oscars. Heat is probably the greatest crime drama ever made and was the inspiration for Nolan's "The Dark Knight", which is incidentally the best comic book film ever imo. Heat is a movie I watch at least 3-5 times a year actually. Anyway, I've ranted about movies enough, you're up!
Agree with everything you just said.

What movie did Tom Hanks earn his first Oscar nomination for?

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Can anyone name the Oscar winning writer/director/actor who voiced a character in the 1986 animated Transformers film, The Transformers: The Movie?

From a financial standpoint, what is the biggest flop in movie history - meaning biggest discrepancy between budget and gross, adjusted for inflation?

I had to look this up, and the answer I would have guessed is not right.

No. Hint: the movie that appears to be the answer (I'm double checking), is less than 5 years old.

Edit: I can't find a definitive list. Two seem to top various lists, one from 2017 and one from 1999.

Last edited:
I am going to ask a different question, because every list I look at seems to have a different answer, so l don't know of I could confirm a correct answer or not. The ones that came up most frequently were The 13th Warrior, John Carter, and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, but I don't know which is the answer.

New question (wake DJ up): The cast and crew of Seinfeld had a mantra they famously adhered to when writing and directing their show and crafting their stories. What was it?

Recent one I don't think know. The Guy Ritchie King Arthur bombed bad. But I can't remember when it came out.

I'm all confused. Who is up. Has Huffys question been answered. If so what is the answer and got it correct. OFC

Recent one I don't think know. The Guy Ritchie King Arthur bombed bad. But I can't remember when it came out.
That is definitely one of the ones I kept seeing, so I would credit that as a correct answer. You're up - we can disregard my other question, but just as an aside im curious if DJ or anyone knows it (I'm sure they do).

That is definitely one of the ones I kept seeing, so I would credit that as a correct answer. You're up - we can disregard my other question, but just as an aside im curious if DJ or anyone knows it (I'm sure they do).
I am pretty, prettty, pretty sure it was, no hugging, no learning.

Reactions: HuffyJB
In the 58 year history of the James Bond franchise, only two films have won Oscars. Can anyone name the two films and what the Oscars were for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT