ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Rising.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
This kid continues to grow on me. He's just a genuine good kid. The second DBP video of the freshmen checking in to their new rooms was pretty thorough in showing how much fun this kid is having with the experience. Saw a couple recent pics of him working out in the weight room the other day. Uhhhhhh, that "fat" Sh!t talk is just that. You UK boys can knock that off now, that kid ain't fat, in fact he's ripped. I don't know how far we go this season. But, we have some pretty crazy athleticism this year and we are going to be majorly entertained in some games this season. This kid has an electricity about him we've not seen. I think he's the next big thing in the NBA in a few years. Not comparing him to LeBron at all but he does have that freakish strength that doesn't always come around in such a big frame. Buckle up for some spectacular highlights this year from him and RJ. Can't wait.

Agree 100% Show,this team is going to be very exciting to watch,learning curves included.fast breaks and dunks galore,if we can get consistent with the 3 ball watch out baby!

This kid continues to grow on me. He's just a genuine good kid. The second DBP video of the freshmen checking in to their new rooms was pretty thorough in showing how much fun this kid is having with the experience. Saw a couple recent pics of him working out in the weight room the other day. Uhhhhhh, that "fat" Sh!t talk is just that. You UK boys can knock that off now, that kid ain't fat, in fact he's ripped. I don't know how far we go this season. But, we have some pretty crazy athleticism this year and we are going to be majorly entertained in some games this season. This kid has an electricity about him we've not seen. I think he's the next big thing in the NBA in a few years. Not comparing him to LeBron at all but he does have that freakish strength that doesn't always come around in such a big frame. Buckle up for some spectacular highlights this year from him and RJ. Can't wait.

He is already my favorite player on this team (saying that without seeing Tre or Cam yet) but his game is the type of game that I like!!!

Reactions: dukesince91
I am even more impressed with his body control than with his jumping ability

Reactions: TheDude1
His overall skill level is far greater than I'd hoped. His perimeter shooting might not be elite, and might never be, but he's at least capable. And that is enough. I was most impressed with his ball handling and passing. The passing is better than I'd expected, but the dribbling is far better than I dared hope. That makes him much more effective on the court.
He seems to understand how to use his physical gifts. If he's a willing defender and rebounder, Duke becomes a much more dangerous team. I was worried he'd be an elite athlete with subpar skills, one that had simply physically overwhelmed subpar opponents (hs) and disinterested defenses (aau). The Canada trip put those fears to bed.

Just let him wrap one of those python's around some of those UK fat boys and let him squeeze a little. Somethings gonna explode. :) OFC

With him being a hometown kid I am beyond happy he is a Dukie. What a scenario for us Duke fans around this area (All 3 of us). There is Duke fan in my gym and that's all the hell we talk about is Zion being a Bluedevil. It's just awesome.

I love Cam but I may have to change my avatar to Z. Hometown boy only going to be in Durham a year so I got to represent. Although my Cam avatar is...dope.../Shhhh...

Show, now that is a strong ass avatar. I got to see what I can find.

Reactions: Showenuff
right now, my fave is zion, but i think cam will win me over with his smoothness....good problem to have=)

I’m still salty he isn’t a Tiger. For whatever reason, a ton of us actually thought we had a chance here. But irregardless, I love that kid and hope he crushes it now and in his the nba

I really like Zion too. His personality is great and he seems like a good kid all around. I like some of you definitely underrated some of his skills, very happy to be wrong. However, nothing will take the place of this av

Show, I would love to go to CTC. October is busy for me on all fronts or I would have gone in years past. I still have a little time to work it out. We’ll see.

Just from watching the exhibition games, it's obvious that he's one of the most athletic players I've ever had the pleasure to watch play on the court. It doesn't matter the level of competition because he was doing things on the court that should not be possible for a man that size. It's about to be a fun year.

Can you imagine Fluke Maye trying to guard fat boy Zion?

Right now big fluke is working on his flopping game. I can see it now big fluke runs into one of those rock wall Zion picks and goes down. He's not moving and hof coach roy williams is going nuts. Replays show over and over again it was a clean pick but hof coach roy williams demands Zion is tossed. Next day he gets big fluke to file assault charges against Zion. He calls his good friend and unc supporter and alumni mike nifong who he still thinks is Durham County's D.A. even though it happened at the dean dome. hof coach roy williams has forgotten that nifong was disbarred for his brain fart of a decision when he tried to railroad Duke's LX team. OFC

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
The thing I liked most about Canada was that RJ and Zion knew they needed to score and they went and did it. We’ll need that at times this season. That’s a great gift to have, guys who can score 30 when needed.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
Honkey, it’s looking like my daughter may not be able to go this year, if she doesn’t make it, I got you a ticket.

Reactions: skysdad
Wow that's very generous, Show. Well I hope she can make it man, that's your little girl and I have one too so I know how it is.

If she can't make it I will see what I can do. Every year in October we have our PCI Security Audits for my company and I work ALOT, travel, late nights and weekends etc...etc.. so that is usually the sticking point for me with CTC or having any kind of life in Oct.We will see how it plays out and thanks again for the kind gesture my friend.

I’m still salty he isn’t a Tiger. For whatever reason, a ton of us actually thought we had a chance here. But irregardless, I love that kid and hope he crushes it now and in his the nba

I don't think I've ever seen someone type that "word."

The thing I liked most about Canada was that RJ and Zion knew they needed to score and they went and did it. We’ll need that at times this season. That’s a great gift to have, guys who can score 30 when needed.

Cam can also score in the thirty range when needed. Tre and AOC can probably score in the 15 to 20 range on any given night.

This team is very dangerous because you can’t set you defense on stopping one or two guys. Someone is going to be wide open for easy shot or fast break opportunity.

Reactions: dukehokie
Cam can also score in the thirty range when needed. Tre and AOC can probably score in the 15 to 20 range on any given night.

This team is very dangerous because you can’t set you defense on stopping one or two guys. Someone is going to be wide open for easy shot or fast break opportunity.

Yep. And if we end up in a game where no one can stop anyone, I like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT