Votes: 108 53.7%
  • Luke Kennard

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Frank Jackson

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.5%

• Total voters
I think it makes sense for him. A lot of sense. He gets to probably play closer to home, he gets a free year to get stronger and work on his game in practice. He comes back a year later and has two years to prove himself with ample opportunity given to him. For Chase's basketball future, it makes a lot of sense. He wasn't going to get the medical redshirt at Duke. Transferring gives him that extra year to improve before he has the opportunity to make a living at this game.

Agreed that it makes perfect sense for him to transfer. He was young for his class when he entered, and he should be able to use the year off productively.

In all likelihood Carter. Javin and Vrank will be the bigs unless Duke lands Knox. Also hearing a grad transfer has made contact with the program. Can't get any info on it though

So I know that you can test the waters and come back have we ever had anyone test the waters before? And then decide either way? I can't really remember it happening

So I know that you can test the waters and come back have we ever had anyone test the waters before? And then decide either way? I can't really remember it happening

I can't recall a Duke player doing that off the top of my head. But it certainly happens with big players at big programs. I think Melo Trimble tested the waters last year then returned.

K's connections typically make it unnecessary for anybody to test the waters of the draft. Typically if they test, it's because they're fringe lottery picks. G "tested" but he was going to be gone anyway, Kyle toyed with testing but ultimately decided just to nip that idea. Mason for sure tested and Dunleavy's entrance was initially a test, but he got a top 5 guarantee based on his workouts and body of work.

The one time draft test has always been around, but it changed from being a June deadline to first week of May.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT