• Frank Jackson

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.5%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Other than the Seniors who do you think saw their last home game last night. Draft entries and potential transfers count.

I left out ones I think there is no chance of leaving but left other category - so if you think someone other than those mentioned let us know who it is.

I went with Jayson, Harry, and Grayson.

Luke comes back and is a National POY candidate, Frank comes back and takes his game to another level. Marques comes back and is a double-double machine.

I'd be less surprised to see Grayson back than Luke but I would be stunned if he comes back. Luke is gone.

Only one I don't know about is Bolden. I hope like crazy he stays.

I don't see Luke's name in a lot of NBA draft talk.

FSU fan here but I love CBB and watch most of Duke's games because I have always been a Coach K fan.

It stinks to see a guy like Giles leave early withhis stat line but with him battling injuries he's likely gone. Bolden has the raw ability but I think it would be a huge mistake to leave. Luke seems like he would be a guy that is not going to make the mistake Grayson did and he'll leave after an All-American year.

Tatum only one for sure and only one I voted for. Harry is next likely but I've heard some rumblings (not much mind you) from some people that have had some knowledge before that he might stay.. I'd still lean to him leaving but idk the rest are back. Grayson won't get drafted first round may not at all. Luke would get drafted but coming back he can dominate and get jersey retired.

Reactions: Dad2ze
I'd be less surprised to see Grayson back than Luke but I would be stunned if he comes back. Luke is gone.

Only one I don't know about is Bolden. I hope like crazy he stays.
Are u guys thinking if Bolden leaves, it would be to transfer?

Are u guys thinking if Bolden leaves, it would be to transfer?
Bolden ain't transferring, he would have to sit out a year before being able to return to the court. That means he would already be 3 years into his college career before considering turning pro.

Guys that are projected 1st rounders out of High School don't transfer after a down freshman year, they just go pro....

It would have to be he was projected because of stupidity. He's not going pro if he does it'll be the worst mistake he could possibly make but he won't transfer either
Yea that's the only thing I could think of was a transfer situation because there is no way Bolden is NBA material yet!

Reactions: pisgah101
Best case scenario is that Luke, Bolden, and Jackson stay. I can see a scenario where Jackson has a strong tournament and propels himself into the first round. I can see Bolden going pro out of frustration. And I believe Luke is gone barring a miracle. Ultimately, I think Jackson and Bolden do stay.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Tatum gone. Allen gone, Kennard gone. Bolden gone.

After some things I've heard this week, I'm on the fence with Giles.

Gone- Tatum, Giles, Luke

On the fence- Bolden and Allen

Transfer maybe - Jeter

Jackson shouldn't go but if Duke cuts down number six.

All gone and Jeter maybe

Gone:
Kennard, Allen, Giles, Tatum, Bolden,
Transfer:
Jeter, Possibly (Javin)
That leaves us in a hell of a pickle numbers wise.

Nah, next year will be no pickle if we stay healthy.

I know it's likely Allen and Kennard are gone, but I won't believe it until I see it. I just can't see both leaving.

Jayson, Harry, Grayson and Luke all gone IMO. I don't think we lose any players to transfer and we are loaded next year.

just jayson and harry. Luke and Grayson will be back and be drafted in the middle of the first round next year (15-25). If Frank Jackson has a strong NCAAT, he has a chance to be drafted late first round but will likely opt to stay at least one more year to improve his draft position. Bolden will likely be back for at least 1 more year...most bigs need a couple years to develop.

Grayson, Tatum, Giles all gone. Maybe Luke. I can see Bolden transferring. Maybe Jackson, too. Jack White goes to play for Australia. Javin transfers. Matt Jones plays an extra year running the point as well as being the primary shooter.

I think Vrank and Robinson are gone also. Obi more than likely. Really to be honest I don't think anyone is coming back and I think our incoming frosh are going to have second thoughts and go elsewhere. This will be to much of a challenge and Coach K will suddenly retire, the rest of the coaching staff will be taking jobs elsewhere and our team will consist of all walk ons. Now this may not be a bad thing because it will give many of the DI posters here who for years have better game plans anyway. OFC

No way in this earth is Kennard NBA ready...defense is below bad and slow

I'd be surprised if he left...Grayson too but since he graduated it's possible

If Bolden leaves and gets drafted it just shows how pathetic that league is

I think Vrank and Robinson are gone also. Obi more than likely. Really to be honest I don't think anyone is coming back and I think our incoming frosh are going to have second thoughts and go elsewhere. This will be to much of a challenge and Coach K will suddenly retire, the rest of the coaching staff will be taking jobs elsewhere and our team will consist of all walk ons. Now this may not be a bad thing because it will give many of the DI posters here who for years have better game plans anyway. OFC
Sky maybe the coach will let up play, whoever the coach is. I'll play if I am allowed to sit down and rest between shots.

Reactions: skysdad
Sky maybe the coach will let up play, whoever the coach is. I'll play if I am allowed to sit down and rest between shots.
It would be even a better idea then to change the team name to 'Bye', all we'd have to do is show up. Competition see 'Bye' on calendar, they won't show up. You're on to something Sky

Reactions: hart2chesson
No way in this earth is Kennard NBA ready...defense is below bad and slow

I'd be surprised if he left...Grayson too but since he graduated it's possible

If Bolden leaves and gets drafted it just shows how pathetic that league is
How many defensive stoppers are there in the league? Maybe ten and that's stretching it.
The NBA is about offense and I pointed out earlier. Luke's parents have been at every game. Home and away. They weren't last season which is a stronge indicator if you ask me. Grayson not starting what many believe is his final game in Cameron should be a sign but I guess that's not important to kids any more. Even though he played.

Who can truly say anything about Bolden. He barely plays and it's not like Duke feeds the post or works their bigs into this years offensive scheme. He was projected a first rounder and a good showing at the columbine will put him right back in the first round.

How many defensive stoppers are there in the league? Maybe ten and that's stretching it.
The NBA is about offense and I pointed out earlier. Luke's parents have been at every game. Home and away. They weren't last season which is a stronge indicator if you ask me. Grayson not starting what many believe is his final game in Cameron should be a sign but I guess that's not important to kids any more. Even though he played.

Who can truly say anything about Bolden. He barely plays and it's not like Duke feeds the post or works their bigs into this years offensive scheme. He was projected a first rounder and a good showing at the columbine will put him right back in the first round.

You don't think starting his last game at Cameron would be important to Grayson?

You don't think starting his last game at Cameron would be important to Grayson?
You missed my point. I was saying if he was 100 percent going imo he would have started his final game in Cameron but he didn't yet still played.
My comment about," unless it's not that important anymore!" Was more or less saying," if he was for sure gone then why would you pass up starting your final game in Cameron!

You missed my point. I was saying if he was 100 percent going imo he would have started his final game in Cameron but he didn't yet still played.
My comment about," unless it's not that important anymore!" Was more or less saying," if he was for sure gone then why would you pass up starting your final game in Cameron!

I totally miss read it! Lol my bad pal

Lukes parents were at a good bit of games last year so I don't see the big deal here...and he isn't even a good defender much less a "stopper"

IMO if he leaves he sits at the end of a bench for at least 2-3 years....now if he wants to get paid and do that then fine he should leave...but it's his decision

It would be even a better idea then to change the team name to 'Bye', all we'd have to do is show up. Competition see 'Bye' on calendar, they won't show up. You're on to something Sky

Show wouldn't have any problem getting us group tickets. OFC

Show I am not getting your math. No Allen, no Kennard, and no Knox means Duke only has 3 guys to count on for the 1-3 spots if we land Duval. That means Trent has to be good enough to start at the 3 and play at least 30 minutes a game, and White or O'Connel has to be good enough for 15 minutes a game, and zero injuries to any of the top 4 guys just mentioned.

No Bolden means we have Carter, Javin, and Jeter coming off back surgery for the 4-5. If Giles doesn't come back, that means we have only 3 bigs for two spots and no Justise/Tatum/Ingram like 3 who can slide to the 4. Once again, any injury and there is zero depth.

I absolutely love the 1st six guys in our rotation if we get Duval, but we really need one of Giles/Bolden/Bamba. If not, I kind of see Knox as a must get. Hope you know something most of us don't so that we can stay away from that aforementioned pickle. I like a good pickle wedge with a burger and fries and sometimes pickle slices on by burgers, but I don't like me any pickles related to my Duke basketball team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT