ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA to Big 10?

My uneducated opinion is that I see a common thread between at least the four North Carolina schools and maybe Va tech from the ACC and the Big 12. Fair to middling football, excellent basketball, and travel makes a little more sense than the Pac 12.

I can see Fl. State, Miami, Clemson and maybe Ga. Tech leaving for the SEC in the next 5 or so years, and maybe UVA and Pitt going to the Big 10 to give them the Philadelphia and DC markets (along with Maryland). Syracuse and BC will beg their way back into the Big East. I don't know what Louisville will do.

I like Big 12 basketball and would welcome seeing Baylor, Kansas, Ok. State, Iowa State and WVU play the ACC on a regular basis.

Old rivalries will split but it didn't stop for example FSU vs UF

Duke needs to fight to keep the ACC together otherwise those Conference titles will become just a distant memory.

Did Coach K hear this was nearing and left, along with many other giants of the sport. And decide the new generation should paddle the boat now. Basketball is being thrown to the side and I see the flirtation with a simple 32 team setup in football. I'm tuning out from College Sports - portal and NIL too much.

Good time to bow out, along with Coach...

Reactions: christophero
Old rivalries will split but it didn't stop for example FSU vs UF

Duke needs to fight to keep the ACC together otherwise those Conference titles will become just a distant memory.

Did Coach K hear this was nearing and left, along with many other giants of the sport. And decide the new generation should paddle the boat now. Basketball is being thrown to the side and I see the flirtation with a simple 32 team setup in football. I'm tuning out from College Sports - portal and NIL too much.

Good time to bow out, along with Coach...
I agree

Wow, sorry to hear you guys bowing out. I'm not there yet but my interest is waning a bit. It's becoming a lot more mercenary now. Maybe it always was, but the reason I got into college basketball is it seemed a lot different from the NBA. Still, one has to wonder how long we can pull in top recruiting classes, so we may need to have a plan B or make some tweaks to our approach. I do find the constant turnover to be a bit stressful as a fan.

I gotta tell you, I would be shocked if you guys who are huge Duke basketball fans are going to go cold Turkey away from college basketball. I mean, whatever league Duke ends up in, and even if the players are being paid by the game, they still will have "Duke" on their shirts and they'll still be playing the same game. That's all it takes for me to tune in.

I gotta tell you, I would be shocked if you guys who are huge Duke basketball fans are going to go cold Turkey away from college basketball. I mean, whatever league Duke ends up in, and even if the players are being paid by the game, they still will have "Duke" on their shirts and they'll still be playing the same game. That's all it takes for me to tune in.
To be fair it’s understandable. Conference Traditions are dying, transferring is out of control. It’s not really going to be college basketball anymore.

Liftee; as long as the Duke brand is involved, I will LIVE AND BREATHE DUKE!!!!

OFC

Last edited:
I think by then a lot of the good Pac 12 teams will be gone. There are rumors out here of Washington and Oregon bolting. Who knows, my head is spinning right now. If the ACC gets picked apart I do like the idea of a ACC Big East merger. Although I went to a Big East school, so I may be biased. :)

Last edited:
I think by then a lot of the good Pac 12 teams will be gone. There are rumors out here of Washington and Oregon bolting. Who knows, my head is spinning right now. If the ACC gets picked apart I do like the idea of a ACC Big East merger. Although I went to a Big East school, so I may be biased. :)
I don't disagree with this, but only if the ACC is picked apart. I do think a Duke, Villanova, UConn, type of conference wouldn't bad from a basketball standpoint. If that did happen, I would love to go after Kansas and then you have a really good top half of a conference that could have some great rivalries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT