ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN - DUKE VS OREGON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I really wish we would have fouled one more time with 30+ seconds left.. Oregon wasn't hitting FT's.

He has been terrible tonight..and he does not shoot because he can't shoot.

I actually thought Thornton was better in December than he has been in March. Lots of work needed.

But, they fought hard in spite of being undermanned and not well structured overall.

Next year will be good.

Onto next year..this team has been crazy limited all year. I think K got all he could from this team.

Reactions: jtcbluedevil
Good season. Some schools hang their hat on a single sweet 16. Move on. We will be back. And nobody will want to play us. They never do.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Was really proud of the team this season for their fight and passion. Not tonight, however.

the last 2 mins of the first half and the first 2 of the second were the momentum shifters that pushed the lead to double digits - if we could have stayed close then who knows....but that little burst hurt us big time
Very true.. The point change in just those 4 minutes was about the difference in this game.

Some times it just isn't your day but there will be another. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Sorry, I'm still not convinced Oregon is a "great" team like some claim. I'll stay open minded in the next game they play against OU, but I have a feeling OU will destroy them. Although I have been wrong a few times in my life.

Awful decisions! Dribbles off his foot then drives when we coulda cut the game to 6 or 7. Pull-up 3 with 4 better options on the floor. I don't trust him with the ball ever.. Literally ever

Why are you yelling? Haha.

Anyway, he is not the only person with mistakes tonight. Just the only one who's mistakes you can see. I'll stand by it, he wasn't Duke's undoing.

LOL at the constant attention on every move Allen makes.. I completely understand if he decides to enter the draft next year, even if it's just to be a 2nd round pick.

Boxscore_zpsuho1cmzd.png

Sorry, I'm still not convinced Oregon is a "great" team like some claim. I'll stay open minded in the next game they play against OU, but I have a feeling OU will destroy them. Although I have been wrong a few times in my life.
I doubt you'll be wrong this time. Hield and The Sooners will be eating Duck Saturday night.

Reactions: pisgah101
Sweet 16 is about what this team looked like in December even with Amile; and I think that's an over-achievement at this point without Amile.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Could have played better but ran into a team that matched up perfect against us with their defense and physicality.

They're not great. Who has said that? They're not bad, though....and based on what we saw tonight they're clearly better than Duke. There's no shame in that, though.

Reactions: UNC '92
Well guys, there is just not much to say, the best team won tonight, not even debatable. The Duke kids have been a lot of fun to watch this year, and everyone on this board should be proud of them. I sure didn't want to go out this way, but it just wasn't to be. They had their moments this year and gave us a lot of thrills, but when you are limited the way they were, it will only take you so far. Proud to be a Duke fan!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I think OU beats them as well. OU beats a LOT of teams as good as they are playing.

As always, thanks for the season Duke. You did a lot with what you had, you surprised a lot of us with your fight and grit. We're still proud of you even though it hurts to lose.

GO DUKE!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Duke had to really shoot well to negate the Oregon athleticism, and obviously that didn't happen. If you told me before the game that Duke would be 7-22 from three, I would have no doubt whatsoever about the outcome.

Anyways, enjoyed watching them as usual. Glad I got to have a vested interest into the second weekend of the tournament.

Sweet 16 is about what this team looked like in December even with Amile; and I think that's an over-achievement at this point without Amile.
I think with Amile we would have been an Elite 8 team with at least a possibility of making the Final 4, depending on matchups.. Without Amile, we were a Sweet 16 team with the possibility of making the Elite 8, depending on matchups.

The slump is over!!! He guarder belt worked!!
He has made some big shots all year. Oregon is a tall athletic team and it's obviously bothering everyone but Brandon. Sorry man, I just don't agree with the "it's Derryck's fault" sentiment. I just don't.
Dukehokie he did make some big shots this year! Like maybe 5 or 6 all season. It seems like he was better in the early season and we just had too many problems to cover his mistakes.

Dukehokie, I appreciate your view on things. We have a bunch of front runner fans on here tonight. I'm proud of these kids with all the adversity they have overcome this season. Just wasn't our night. Gonna hug my wife and sleep good tonight. God is good as one of our poster said a time ago.

I used to get so amped about these games, but being a civil servant and seeing the S--- this world has to offer has taught me to look at situations a little more rationally. Has nothing to do with basketball, just the fact I'm not going to get caught up in petty stuff. I'll gladly debate, but the personal Internet attacks are getting old.

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
I guess I can prepare for the onslaught of UNC homers texting me tomorrow talking junk. I just hope April brings the decision I hope from the NCAA.

Why are you yelling? Haha.

Anyway, he is not the only person with mistakes tonight. Just the only one who's mistakes you can see. I'll stand by it, he wasn't Duke's undoing.

For dramatic purposes. Lol... And no not the "only" reason. I'm pretty dissapointed with the lack of fire Grayson showed tonight. He struggled bad as he did against UK with teams that have length. He needs to stay or he'll be one people say "Duke doesn't produce pros" anout

Reactions: dukehokie
Good post.. Our starters won 67-64

Thats why we needed a little more from Matt /DT and Marshall....no bench scoring like Bell...we were not far away from this game but just didnt get the contribution we needed from our support players or above average from Allen/Ingram and Kennard

I guess I can prepare for the onslaught of UNC homers texting me tomorrow talking junk. I just hope April brings the decision I hope from the NCAA.

I get to eat a meal with some of those tomorrow evening. Gunna be fun :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT