ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

they should not go but they will. Carey, Tre, Stanley and likely Hurt are bye bye. Possibly Moore too. It doesn't matter what we think.

Reactions: germantondevil
Show of hands, who expected more from this team prior to the season started?
I do not think people are upset with the record, I think it is the way we have lost, the lack of coaching, and the way we have played at the end of games. It is not what everyone has grown accustomed to with Duke Basketball and has usually not been accepted by K.

I know some here every game want to see Joey and or Alex more but bottom line is neither brings much to the floor...and IMO should be on bench except spot or mop up minutes...they bring nothing but a reputation as a shooter...but neither can make a shot

I would go further and say everyone on this team should return. Tre and Carey are only projected as late 1st rounders. Carey’s game is not suited for the NBA and Tre would be playing in the G-League if he were to leave after this season. Tre has improved tremendously from last season, but he still is not nba ready imo.
I don’t disagree but I understand them leaving. Hurt leaving might baffle me more than any player that’s ever left Duke early.

I’m not giving up on this Duke team as frustrated as I am. I remember watching a 7 seed uconn team who had gotten spanked by Louisville in their conference championship game by 30+ points in 2014 go on to win the national championship led by Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright. We just need our guys to flip a switch.

I’m not giving up on this Duke team as frustrated as I am. I remember watching a 7 seed uconn team who had gotten spanked by Louisville in their conference championship game by 30+ points in 2014 go on to win the national championship led by Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright. We just need our guys to flip a switch.

Can't just do it like that....that UConn team for lucky and hot

Reactions: christophero
Well they are #3 in ACC so I'd say they are at least a good team....wouldn't you?

Wake is bottom feeders

no I would call them an extremely mediocre team that in a normal ACC year wouldn’t be sniffing the tourney with all the L’s they would have

sweat out a first round game and lose the second round. Unless we turn things around that's what we are.
We're going to be seeing a team bette
I know some here every game want to see Joey and or Alex more but bottom line is neither brings much to the floor...and IMO should be on bench except spot or mop up minutes...they bring nothing but a reputation as a shooter...but neither can make a shot

The only thing either is asked to do is hitvthree's and they just can't do it.

UConn was an outlier. we need to turn it around and fast or it's a Lehigh or Mercer. I don't see how anyone cannot see this. Things can change sure, but they need to; and fast.

no I would call them an extremely mediocre team that in a normal ACC year wouldn’t be sniffing the tourney with all the L’s they would have

Same conference record as is but most here seem to think we are good and just need to figure things out....what's the difference?

Watching KS today, they have definitely improved and have a clear game plan. The same can be said for the Zags every year and i hate to say it Kentucky. The past few seasons we seem to have gone backwards at the end of the year and lost our way. This year is exacerbated by not having a Zion level talent to bail us out. One year rosters suck and its beginning to show on our level of execution. Unless someone on the team steps up and starts to get in the face of some of these players we are going to have a poor end to the season. Maybe we get hot but no idea where that catalyst will come from after this stretch of games.

Ok. I got some venting out of my system. Now it’s time to move on. That is the last road game we’ll play all year. The new season starts now. Let’s go Duke.

Reactions: Blueline Devil
I will believe in Duke. Faith is believing in what you cannot see; and right now I don't see it. We play better at home; so there's that. But we need to bring our A game the next 2 games.

Watching KS today, they have definitely improved and have a clear game plan. The same can be said for the Zags every year and i hate to say it Kentucky. The past few seasons we seem to have gone backwards at the end of the year and lost our way. This year is exacerbated by not having a Zion level talent to bail us out. One year rosters suck and its beginning to show on our level of execution. Unless someone on the team steps up and starts to get in the face of some of these players we are going to have a poor end to the season. Maybe we get hot but no idea where that catalyst will come from after this stretch of games.

It pains me to say but I think Kentucky would beat us to death right now....Kansas too

Reactions: pisgah101
Missed the game due to house hunting... by the sound of it, kinda glad I did as it seemed my blood pressure would have been thru the roof... not much time but got to right the ship! Good thing is we don’t play any road games in the tourney.. so we got that going for us

The frustrating thing is that this team has regressed since the start of the season, rather than progressed.

Hurt line (not sure how many minutes, but not much) - 0 for 2. 0 points. 0 rebounds. 0 assists. This is the #9, 11 or 12 recruit in the nation.

One would expect some growing pains from freshmen; a few good games early and some rough stretches. But 29 games into the season, this is not where you want to be.

Hurt and to some degree, Moore were significantly overrated by the recruiting services.

At least Stanley was only an 89 out of 100 by ESPN and ranked 32. He should be one who stays and develops. He'll likely be drafted on athleticism.

There is no way on earth I'm drafting Moore or Hurt if I am an NBA exec (unless I want an early retirement).

Those two need to stay at least another year. Really, most should stay and we will have room.

6 recruits coming in. If Trey and Carey go, and likely Stanley, but hard to say ... and Moore and Hurt stay we still have space.

6 incoming freshmen scholarships
Goldwire
O'Connell
Baker
Moore
Hurt
And possibly Stanley

Could make for an interesting team and challenge for K but may also result in some transfers if those guys don't get early PT.

6-34 was the contribution outside of Tre/Vern - 17% shooting. I dont care if we are a #3 seed or a #5 seed...you cant win without balance. Something has to be done to get better scoring out of the other players

The frustrating thing is that this team has regressed since the start of the season, rather than progressed.

Hurt line (not sure how many minutes, but not much) - 0 for 2. 0 points. 0 rebounds. 0 assists. This is the #9, 11 or 12 recruit in the nation.

One would expect some growing pains from freshmen; a few good games early and some rough stretches. But 29 games into the season, this is not where you want to be.

Hurt and to some degree, Moore were significantly overrated by the recruiting services.

At least Stanley was only an 89 out of 100 by ESPN and ranked 32. He should be one who stays and develops. He'll likely be drafted on athleticism.

There is no way on earth I'm drafting Moore or Hurt if I am an NBA exec (unless I want an early retirement).

Those two need to stay at least another year. Really, most should stay and we will have room.

6 recruits coming in. If Trey and Carey go, and likely Stanley, but hard to say ... and Moore and Hurt stay we still have space.

Goldwire
O'Connell
Baker
Moore
Hurt
And possibly Stanley

Could make for an interesting team and challenge for K but may also result in some transfers if those guys don't get early PT.
But but but Hurt has “potential” and should go to the NBA after one season.

Laughable.

Show of hands, who expected more from this team prior to the season started?

I for one did. I had a lot of hopes for the maturation of White, O'Connell and Javin, as well as Baker, and the leadership of Trey at the point with the recruits coming in and all that athleticism and defensive potential that many scouting services gave to Moore ... I figured Hurt would be a Singler type. LOL. He's not been close. I actually thought they could compete and be a FF team.

Not anymore

Goldwire
O'Connell
Baker
Moore
Hurt
And possibly Stanley

No this team just fooled you at the beginning of the season. Hasn’t regressed.

I don't think Stanley or Hurt return. The NBA sees something in those two.We can say they are not ready all we want. Hurt late first round Stanley early 2nd. I am just hoping for Moore to return and no transfers.

I know that this will explode..but considering how we have played and who we have lost to this team shouldn’t even be ranked after this weekend.

Outside of the FSU win this team has beat nobody good since December. We have lost 3 of 4 vs unranked opponents.

Secondly if you think there is actual coaching going on you are not watching this Duke team. Someone should take a video of the coaches on the bench and play it back for them. K has been lifeless now for two months on the sideline...Our lineups have changed fifty times, and he has made many a questionable decision this year at end of these games from PT to timeouts to plays being run....He is literally throwing crap against the wall game after game hoping something sticks.

Its disappointing but it’s been noticeable for weeks now. It’s sucks but this team is what it is and it starts with the coaches, and they literally have no plan.

Reactions: ioliva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT