ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS. UNC- ACC TOURNEY QUARTERS - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

So proud of our guys ..how we won that I have no idea!! I'll have to rewatch sober lmao!!! Do we have any gas left to finish this?? I don't care we beat the cheats I'm happy !! No pressure now! I think we blow out tonight's winner! Giles was big late!

Props to the heels they played hard ..another great game..no conference compares to the acc..

Reactions: Quavarius
Not gonna stay long.

That was a solid second half on dukes part, and Roy just got his ass out coached. Again. Of course I'm going to have to hear about the refs again. But that was just bad substitutions and coaching.

I believe I saved a bottle of Jameson for days like these.

Empire_zps2p41kgzb.gif

A lot of attention is going to be paid to Kennard, Tatum, and Allen. As it should be, they have been outstanding. But Duke is getting increased interior production, which is a very big deal when you have a perimeter as skilled as Duke does. Amile and Harry combined for 14 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks. Those aren't eye-popping numbers or anything, but they are enough for this team and its makeup.

A lot of attention is going to be paid to Kennard, Tatum, and Allen. As it should be, they have been outstanding. But Duke is getting increased interior production, which is a very big deal when you have a perimeter as skilled as Duke does. Amile and Harry combined for 14 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks. Those aren't eye-popping numbers or anything, but they are enough for this team and its makeup.

Also, Frank Jackson says hi.:)

Carolina looked like the team that played 3 days in a row. Duke is becoming a good second half team and are making the plays. I am very happy for Giles because he was a difference maker. The amazing thing about Duke is no matter where they play the place is packed. Largest crowd ever in this areana tonight.

You roll with what's working. Keep bringing him off the bench and let him feed off the boo birds!

Right I wouldn't change a thing!

Frank Jackson seems to play better when he starts the game. We've needed his production. Psychologically, Jackson is the starter but Grayson is playing starter minutes.

I hope when I get up in the morning I see where the 2nd game went about a half-dozen OT's! :D When I get up in the morning (?), hell, I feel so good, I might not even go to bed!! God, I love these kids!!
Go Duke!
OFC

We should be a 1 seed before them. Better resume and beat em 2 outta 3.

I'm okay with Duke not being in the 1 seed conversation. I think they are only a win or two away from that conversation, but it is what it is. But what still boggles my mind is the continued conversation that UNC is a virtual 1 seed lock, even after tonight. Maybe it is the Duke fan in me, but I just don't see a top four in the country resume there. As of the RPI rankings this very moment, they don't have a single road or neutral win over anyone in the top 30.

Ultimately seeding doesn't matter a ton. Everyone that advances has to beat good teams. I'm just commenting on the general discussion/analysis.

I'm okay with Duke not being in the 1 seed conversation. I think they are only a win or two away from that conversation, but it is what it is. But what still boggles my mind is the continued conversation that UNC is a virtual 1 seed lock, even after tonight. Maybe it is the Duke fan in me, but I just don't see a top four in the country resume there. As of the RPI rankings this very moment, they don't have a single road or neutral win over anyone in the top 30.

Ultimately seeding doesn't matter a ton. Everyone that advances has to beat good teams. I'm just commenting on the general discussion/analysis.

I'm with you, Huffy. I think UNC is a very good team, but away from the Dome they haven't been anything special.

OFC

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT