ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS TEXAS TECH SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

UCLA gonna smoke the Tar Heels tomm, um today. It's 10:20 here so still tomorrow. UCLA made the final four they are not afraid of those scrubs. Hubert's run ends Friday.

Yo, where you at? You called me out . I’m here where you at ? Ready for all debates !
You were whining and crying about this team and writing them off after the UNC game at Durham; after the ACC championship; as soon as our bracket was announced; and at halftime when we were down by 4 points tonight.

To me, that’s acting like a crybaby. You’re the biggest fair weather fan on this board. Does the above clear my point up? If not, eat some more crow and I’m sure it will come to you.

also we were incredible shooting free throws. every point mattered. really helps having a big like mark whose not a liability from the stripe

Reactions: Quavarius
I just hope this group can give K one last FF. How remarkable is it that this group is here? The '17, '18, and '19 teams were all more talented. But this group is just close as hell. The damn fight and resolve we've seen over the last week...just remarkable. I can't believe they have a shot to go to New Orleans on Saturday night. The last two Elite Eight losses have been tough to swallow. I hope we can right the wrongs of the past few on Saturday.

Remember all of those close games we were in where some went our way and some didn’t during the regular season? I told y’all those experiences would pay dividends come March!
You were right, Q. Let's hope we have a few more wins in us. 3 to be precise.

Reactions: Quavarius
well that couldnt have gone worse.....shows what great team defense can do when you have physical experienced players committed to playing
This Isint a Bates Jones game
An entire page on this thread of loser Duke fans! Haven't been here all year and this is how you treat our team. I'm embarrassed by these comments from a athletic debate team! Shame...it's no wonder I have to deal with the shit I do for being a Duke fan...yet your rocking your Hurley jersey's claiming pride! Now I know who the Biden voters were!!!

Reactions: GAAP
No I’m a Duke fan that knows Duke basketball. BRO! Tell me who is going to make shots especially with tech not being in no foul trouble going atleast nine deep? Duke went what seven deep ? No bench points and we can’t keep Tech off the boards
Ha

All you negative nancies seem to forget who are coach is and that we’ve got some grown men on our team. Start eating that crow!!! J ROACH 4 LIFE.
K actually coached tonight. His early TO, his going to zone, then going back to man.. roach was freaking tyus Jones. This was a big boy win and I’m the happiest I’ve been for a win in years.
Yeah actually coached tonight! 1201 and you think he finally earned it tonight! Pathetic

Mannn when we put bates Jones in i said to myself we’re gonna lose. I Just don’t understand..Anyway Arkansas is going to be a battle! Ida rather played Gonzaga lol

Look for Roach and PB to blow on the defensive flop player of the year and he fall over and we get into early foul trouble

Hate when people call posters out yet can’t back your mouth up!
Not calling you out at all, but you DID say this team wouldn’t make it past the round of 32. I believe it was after the va tech loss. It’s all good though,

What a game. I loved our defense last night. K mixed it up in the second half which really bothered TT. The balanced scoring was excellent - 5 players in double figures. It seemed to me to be our best team offensive game of the year with a lot less isolation/hero ball. We made our FF's and only took 19 3's. As others have said, we were down in the second half, but didn't panic and found a way to win. Another shout out to Theo John, he played very well, wish he got more minutes. Next up!

Best part of the game......Coach K calling the blocking foul on the official!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
You were whining and crying about this team and writing them off after the UNC game at Durham; after the ACC championship; as soon as our bracket was announced; and at halftime when we were down by 4 points tonight.

To me, that’s acting like a crybaby. You’re the biggest fair weather fan on this board. Does the above clear my point up? If not, eat some more crow and I’m sure it will come to you.
So I’m fair weather because you only read my Post? Half the board worried about Duke after the UNC, Va tech loss so your saying it was just me ? Really ? You better read all my post and I mean all them because I’ve always had Duke going to the sweet 16 but I find it funny there were three other posters at the least saying the same as me put you call me out ?
Seems like you only read my post but come for me if you want but you didn’t prove shit except that it looks like you only read my post !!

Not calling you out at all, but you DID say this team wouldn’t make it past the round of 32. I believe it was after the va tech loss. It’s all good though,
So did others! Better read more then that and you can start with the season expectation thread . Always said Duke was sweet 16. Love how I’m the only one getting called out for this

I’m just glad we’re on this ride a little while longer! Elite 8 here comes DUKE!

Well Qc and Britt since I’m being called out here for something I said after a loss( not to mention a fifth of Jameson during it ) and wasn’t the only one y’all can have the board in out !
If the only post you can keep going back to is something I said because the team WAS NOT playing to their potential which is also why half the sports world wrote them off. I won’t say sorry for that !

Well Qc and Britt since I’m being called out here for something I said after a loss( not to mention a fifth of Jameson during it ) and wasn’t the only one y’all can have the board in out !
Settle down @sheyduke . You asked the question about why I only pointed out your statements. It’s because I actually respect your knowledge about this team and recruiting. Take a beat, as we have all been there before. All will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT