ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS TEXAS TECH SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

@sheyduke I’ll stand up for you.. I fully expected to be sitting at home right now! After VT I was sure we’d lose in the second round!

Quite a few posters get doubts with the team. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't doubted them, and especially K. But, some of the game day postings are beyond comical. You guys are like riding a roller coaster, and if you watch a game like you post, you probably need to do it alone in a padded room.

In defense of the posters that step to the edge of the cliff all the time, some of what they say I agree with. The switch to zone, which is a sore spot for many, was one of the best moves I think K has made in a while.

The bench is what it is, but K has to give Banchero a little breather a few times, so he's fresh down the stretch.

GOTCHA😂

they are right I was a little bit over the top( or in the bottle ) . It happens when you see all these kids and we know they are all talented and you just want them to win because you know they got it in them.
I’ll do better lol. But I’ll eat my crow just not today ate to many chicken wings last night

I don’t necessarily want Paolo to force anything, but I do wish he’d be a bit more aggressive. If Paolo attacked more, I think they could set up a bunch more opportunities for him to attack and hand off to Mark. I want a Paolo with a Theo John attitude.

Speaking of which, Mark Williams. This dude isn’t talked about nearly enough but he is a stud and balling out on both ends of the court.

Roach, Williams and Banchero have been our rock solid guys and have been bringing it every game. Which is good because Moore, AJ and Keels are wild cards and very up and down. Esp. AJ and Keels. Bates Jones is our only back up for Banchero so he needs to play. Theo subs for Mark. Banchero can't go 40 minutes against TT.

Last edited:
GOTCHA😂

they are right I was a little bit over the top( or in the bottle ) . It happens when you see all these kids and we know they are all talented and you just want them to win because you know they got it in them.
I’ll do better lol. But I’ll eat my crow just not today ate to many chicken wings last night
All good brother. We’re all Duke fans. Let’s back em through the good and bad times. I never doubted this team would make a run in the tourney, even after the VT debacle. I just hate seeing people give up on the team after one bad half. Peace!

Reactions: sheyduke
It was kind of funny when we were down four and people were giving up. But that happens on every sports board.

Side note. Is Baker hurt? He didn’t even take his hoody off and wasn’t up jumping around. Doesn’t he have a lingering ankle injury?

Side note. Is Baker hurt? He didn’t even take his hoody off and wasn’t up jumping around. Doesn’t he have a lingering ankle injury?
I noticed that as well. He's either injured or in the dog house. No minutes yesterday or against MSU

Not sure where to put this, but the latest mock draft I saw (For the Win) had Moore at 28, Keels not listed. Patrick Baldwin was 52. Pretty sure he's not falling that far but he is free falling at the moment.

Arkansas is very athletic. A bit of a nightmare match up for Gonzaga. Didn't realize Toney, the transfer from Pitt plays for them. I remember him going off against us.

We all have our ways of setting expectations for a Duke win or loss...some are pessimistic so that they dont have too much pain when we lose, others are overly optimistic that we will win every game....neither is wrong, just personal..I er on the side of gloom but happy to see them overcome my prediction...doesnt make me less of a fan nor does it make someone who roots enthusiastically more of a fan...I'd wager both of us are Blue devil diehards so we just need to understand the different ways of coping with our desire to see our Blue Devils succeed. Lets GO DEVILS!

There's got to be something going on, right? He was getting spot minutes every game. No minutes last night or against MSU. Or is it just K shortening the bench for tournament time?

This does not give me great confidence that Baker comes back next year. Unless he is injured he is behind Bates Jones and has hardly played in the tournament.

We need Moore to have a good game against Arkansas. He had a big and-1 and made some clutch freethrows. But he was a little erratic with the ball and not his usual self.

Need his confidence high because if we can get him clicking with Paolo, Williams, and Roach, that's how we win

The play of Jeremy has everyone buzzing, and Williams is a freaking beast around the basket. But, the one thing to me that I'm not sure gets the attention it really should is how unselfish of a player Paolo is. He's our top dog, projected top 3 pick, and he is a great team player. All of the guys play that way, most of the time looking for a better option.

These last 2 games have been fun to watch. Hope we keep it rolling Saturday.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, or if anyone noticed it, but this stood out for me.

After the last timeout (I think it was the under 4 but didn't take place until about 2:13), the team came out on the court and huddled. The only voices were Moore and Roach. The others nodded. Then the refs came to get them. Whatever Roach and Moore said, it stuck with the team. Would have loved to hear what they said.

Arkansas coach saying no one gave them a chance is a bit rich...they are a 4 seed and playing well...havent heard anyone say they would be beat like a drum. Congrats to them but playing the disrespect card is amusing
Really? No one gave Arkansas a chance to beat Gonzaga and even pregame the announcers were talking about how Gonzaga would score 75 "minimum" and probably win by 20

The "experts" picked Gonzaga and Texas Tech. I turned the channel when Seth Davis came on. He's such a whiny know it all. Who doesn't know it all. But keeps acting like he knows it all, despite repeatedly being proved wrong. What has this guy done to justify being on TV? At least Kenny Smith has some credentials.

So far I have to say I’m eating crow as I didn’t think this team had it in them to get to the 8. Hope moving forward I have to continue to eat it. With that said the one dude I’ve been defending all year long in Jermey Roach has stepped up big time. As I always say, Duke teams will always go as far as their point guard takes them. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

We finally got some luck with regards to the chalk in the Elite Eight. Let's see if we can take advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT